Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Here it is, our first glimpse of NBA Live 13 in action.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: EA has taken down the video. Look through the comments section and you might be able to see a few pop up there, until they are removed as well.

UPDATE #2: Kotaku has it online.

UPDATE #3: EA Sports has responded... (via Owen Good, Kotaku)

Quote:
EA Sports responds: "The video appears to be captured from a pre-alpha build months ago and is not an official EA SPORTS release. It does not represent a final build or feature set for NBA Live."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EllCee @ 08/21/12 12:24 PM
I think this game is most likely going to be on the Game Marketplace instead of hitting store shelves. In the main menu, it says "Exit game."

# 22 NikeBlitz @ 08/21/12 12:24 PM
Anybody knows about real time physics ? I mean this ,obviously, is not the physics engine Hip Hop Gamer was talking about. (ready for next gen ...)

# 23 Hootiefish @ 08/21/12 12:25 PM
Well, that was sh*t.

# 24 nova91 @ 08/21/12 12:26 PM
A moment of silence for the last little bit of hope I had for Live 13. Everything after the the opening presentation murdered any thought I had of buying this game in lieu of "the other game".

# 25 scatman @ 08/21/12 12:26 PM
Ooooh....this looks bad...not terribly bad...but bad. The movements just look wayyyy to stiff IMO. The presentation was really nice though. Like the the ESPN feel of it. Even has ESPN renditions of the logos in that glossy/metallic style. Gameplay leaves little to be desired though.

# 26 brahmagoul @ 08/21/12 12:27 PM
Were they even working on the game during its hiatus? It looks like a step back from Live 10 or even the Elite demo. The lack of smoothness reminds me of the early stages on the PS2.

# 27 jsg @ 08/21/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That looks no better than NBA 09.. and no im not lying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H4HFUsSy3g
NBA 09 looks better

# 28 JasonMartin @ 08/21/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueDude
It looks great. The Presentation is solid it feels just like the real coverage. I thought the passing looked good and some of the animations were good too but I did notice the ai acted funny on D, seemed like Kevin Durant was sliding. It does look like an early build, no menu music or ads and I don't think I saw Ray Allen on the heat roster. I thought Id never see this day I'm glad something is finally being shown to us.
Ray Allen isn't even a starter this season.

most likely it's going to be

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade (obviously)
SF Battier
PF Lebron
C: Bosh

# 29 TheUndogmatic @ 08/21/12 12:28 PM
FINALLY! But in all seriousness, two years and this was what they can come up with? Why didn't they just go back to Live 10 and build off of that? They just salvaged NBA Elite and cleaned it up a bit. Please tell me this is an early build. Otherwise it's a joke.

# 30 nova91 @ 08/21/12 12:29 PM
The way the players were moving at times, I honestly thought we were going to have another Jesus sighting during that video.

# 31 Blue @ 08/21/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Ray Allen isn't even a starter this season.

most likely it's going to be

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade (obviously)
SF Battier
PF Lebron
C: Bosh
I know but the vid had a timeout and the user went through the subs and I didn't see Ray

# 32 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 08/21/12 12:30 PM
the game is just moving too fast in my opinion, I'm not worried about the sliding, that should be fixed before it is released. There are A LOT of negatives in this video, but it is an early build, so hopefully a lot of these things get fixed. We all knew 2k would blow this game out of the water anyway, so there's no need in comparing them in my eyes.

# 33 iLLosophy @ 08/21/12 12:31 PM
In the spirit of competition, I'm going to say good job. Something is better than nothing, and nobody was expecting Live to just take over.

But my first impression of this video is his is like going to the gym and watching the court where the 40 & older guys play.

# 34 westfl87 @ 08/21/12 12:31 PM
This game dosent even bring the excitement of pervious nba live titles. Considering how bad live is, it's a good game. In this era of games, this game looks like it would a smash hit on xbox arcade marketplace. I'm not putting them down, but it's the truth. NBA Live never was a simulation type game so to have 2ks expectation of this game is unfair. They have years of work ahead of them. The only thing they have going for them is presentation and audio. Considering partnerships, presentation and audio is a given, so I'm not seeing anything in this vid. Forget what build it is.. . It's 2012, get together.

# 35 BlueNGold @ 08/21/12 12:32 PM

Here lay NBA Live. You've brought us plenty of joy and good times, but in the past 8 years you have mostly brought us pain and suffering (and some laughter at your own expense, but that's besides the point). Shall you ever somehow rise out of this here deathbed, we pray you come back as the Live we all know and love and not what you have now become. But in the meantime, we shall lay you to rest with your Lord and not-so-Savior Jesus Bynum looking down upon you.

RIP NBA Live.

# 36 westfl87 @ 08/21/12 12:33 PM
Wack azz substitutions lol... We getting the same slides from 2000 with better graphics

# 37 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:33 PM
Thank you for releasing a video EA, but this game is getting cancelled lol

That looks horrible.

# 38 23 @ 08/21/12 12:34 PM
I still see rebounds flying over players heads dropping on the floor.. Court Vision would have a fit if he saw that now

Looks like the same ole thing to me, same issues, same generic game, and people keep saying crowd and presentation but that looks just like the old game IMO that never needed to be touched

So in so many words, what have you been doing for 2 years?

# 39 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIFF202
ITS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TROLLING!!!!
Keep telling yourself that....smh

This game is done. Scrap it EA, and move on to baseball.

# 40 nova91 @ 08/21/12 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIFF202
ITS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TROLLING!!!!
Trolling? We are giving our feedback on what we thought were the goods and bads(mostly bads) that we saw in this game play footage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.