Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

According to this NBA Live 13 screen capture, it looks like it's a downloadable game.

What are your thoughts?

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Feldman011teen @ 08/22/12 02:20 PM
So I spoke to Katherine Coulthart, who is supposedly in charge of NBA Live at EA, and this is what she sent me.

"Cory-
Thanks for your interest in NBA LIVE 13. We have yet to officially announce the title and we have not released any details regarding the game. "

Maybe they're willing to scrap the game again then?

# 22 Caveman24 @ 08/22/12 02:45 PM
I think based of the video we seen it needs to be worth around $10 that will be great marketing for them a much cheaper game like 2k used to do when there games were $20 if EA does that they need to start working on Live 14 RIGHT NOW give the fans some DLC update Live 13 roster this and that but move on from Live 13 and focus on next year its not a beat from long ago because they have the Nets new logo so ok EA you failed but this doesn't have to be the nail in the coffin take whatever positive feed back you get from Live this year and work on Live 14 right away get some new devs in there to i dont care if you gotta go get guys that worked on the older 2k games like 2k6 or 2k7 hell bring in some guys from Sony NBA 09 just do something stop waiting till the last minute

# 23 liberaluser @ 08/22/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
When I first heard the news about MW, I knew something was up. Most guys wrote it off as nothing but I read the signs.

This qoute got my attention:

"After NBA Live 10 wrapped up and we started going through the pre-production planning phase for '11, we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after and came back on-board with the NBA 2K team last November."
That's because EA didn't want to listen to Wang and actually put out a better product to compete with 2K and raise sales. They just wanted a gimmick in the controls to get Jam and Street arcade players on board.

Guess that was a pretty bad idea, letting the hockey guy design an NBA game.

# 24 Cheetah Bird @ 08/22/12 07:58 PM
Not too familiar with DL'ble games. Does this mean there won't be as much content or something? Will the graphics suffer? It seems like they're going to have to chop the price down.

# 25 BiggD @ 08/22/12 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLeavy59

So charging $15 and allowing people to download extra packs as they wish is laughable???

i'm not saying this idea makes the game better. I just think its a smart idea for a game that obviously has no chance of competing with the 2k juggernaut!

# 26 JimLeavy59 @ 08/23/12 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
So charging $15 and allowing people to pay for the rest of the game is laughable?

i'm not saying this idea makes the game better. I just think its a smart idea for a game that obviously has no chance of competing with the 2k juggernaut!
Fixed and the answer to that is

# 27 DaveDQ @ 08/23/12 03:29 PM
Another element here is that the game is not listed in EA's Season Pass. If you are a subscriber to EA's Season pass, only Madden and NHL 13 are listed.

Madden in August and NHL in September. There is nothing for October.

# 28 barimanlhs @ 08/23/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Another element here is that the game is not listed in EA's Season Pass. If you are a subscriber to EA's Season pass, only Madden and NHL 13 are listed.

Madden in August and NHL in September. There is nothing for October.
Everything is pointing to this game either getting pushed back...which they cant afford to do or being canned completely and starting over for next gen.

In all honesty that might be whats best of EA and Live if they spend the next 2 or 3 years (assuming the next consoles are coming out around that time) and come out with a quailty game, that runs smoothly, looks great and plays properly. Even if it is without every mode (which is an EA thing to do) at the very least it could be a solid foundation to build from.

Hopefully the next gen brings back some more NBA games, maybe Sony will give it a shot again, maybe Microsoft will try something. We can only hope!

# 29 DaveDQ @ 08/23/12 04:16 PM
I don't trust that EA, and more specifically Tiburon (based on their history), can deliver something that can propel this game to where they would like it to be. Making it a downloadable game just continues this mystery that they just can't get it right and may not do so this generation.

It might be a good idea to just wait for next-gen and use the hype that comes from a new system as some momentum. But right now, if this game gets delayed again, I see this as the equivalent of an athlete tearing his ACL, coming back from the injury and having it happen to his other knee.

# 30 barimanlhs @ 08/24/12 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
if it's $15-$20 i'd buy along with 2k13... The best the 2k Sports ever did was make 2k5 $20, that attracted a lot of fans. I had played 2k2 but didnt buy any NBA game in 03 or 04... 2k5 at $20 got me hooked on 2k Hoops, I bought both NBA and NCAA 2k5 along with NFL 2k5 that year. If EA takes that approach with Live this year and it's decent it will bring back fans and people will buy it for it's price tag
Im not sure the NBA will allow EA to release the game at a lower price point than its competitor. I believe it is one of the stipulations that must be met when using the NBA as a license.

# 31 magicman32 @ 08/24/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Im not sure the NBA will allow EA to release the game at a lower price point than its competitor. I believe it is one of the stipulations that must be met when using the NBA as a license.
This is an interesting point. EA hasn't had a game on the market for 2 years straight. Isn't this a violation of agreement they have with NBA? I wonder how this works?

# 32 The ArkanSaw @ 08/25/12 01:23 PM
EA should make a beta with just play now mode and make a feedback thread on here to tweak this game, EA never listens to fans on games that they arent the monopoly. EA can potentially waste Hundreds of millions of dollars releasing this so i say make it free DLC For a few months and track feedback and go from their.

If not then EA will need a stimulus package for their NBA gaming department from here on out.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.