Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In the video, Visual Concepts expands on the new Control Stick previously discussed in the first Dev Insight. Protect the ball, make space, and easily transition between moves in the low post with NBA 2K13’s all-new Control Stick.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 VDusen04 @ 08/21/12 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly3
This. Have they gotten rid of the in-depth text insights?
Yeah, I kind of miss them myself. Don't get me wrong though, the videos are very cool and I'm not disappointed in the least, but it would have been particularly excellent if the videos were a companion piece to written insights. On a selfish front, I often cannot listen to videos where I'm using computers, so it can be tougher to receive information in that regard. Plus, I admit I do kind of miss being able to go back and re-read in-depth explanations as I saw fit. Video can be a little trickier.

# 42 engrishbwudd @ 08/21/12 01:58 PM
Love that they directly addressed some of the issues from 2K12 in the video. They certainly aren't cryptic. Amazing video start to finish.

# 43 jayman504 @ 08/21/12 01:59 PM
Can somebody tell me where Zach Randolph is after that move from Kevin Love....LMAO....and poor Manu...even got his bald patch in the game...lol

Bravo 2k...looking good!

# 44 silverskier @ 08/21/12 01:59 PM
Ok, now we need online and AI insight. I know online is in september, but... oh, come on, with a good online ( open league schedules, etc ) this game will be epic.

# 45 scatman @ 08/21/12 02:01 PM
Anyone notice the new Knicks uniforms? Has a vintage look to it.

# 46 infam0us @ 08/21/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
Anyone notice the new Knicks uniforms? Has a vintage look to it.
Knicks blue is still off and I'm willing to bet that the "NEW YORK" will be larger than that on actual uniform.

# 47 Vni @ 08/21/12 02:05 PM
LD2K: Can we expect a HD video of gameplay soon? Like one quarter of 5 mins long?

# 48 Drewski @ 08/21/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Can somebody tell me where Zach Randolph is after that move from Kevin Love....LMAO....and poor Manu...even got his bald patch in the game...lol

Bravo 2k...looking good!
Z Bo ran off to the locker room in embarassment after Love put him on skates.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 49 nova91 @ 08/21/12 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Z Bo ran off to the locker room in embarassment after Love put him on skates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504

Bravo 2k...looking good!
That was the main thing that stood out to me the first time I watched the video.

# 50 iLLosophy @ 08/21/12 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
LD2K: Can we expect a HD video of gameplay soon? Like one quarter of 5 mins long?
and of people that actually know how to play por favor?

# 51 nova91 @ 08/21/12 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
and of people that actually know how to play por favor?
They need some footage of the Teamup guys or the devs playing each other, showcasing some of the moves, controls and whatnot.

# 52 SimBaller @ 08/21/12 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Amazing vid.....comparing this to the vid from the other forum it's just crazy to see the difference.

PS: Minor nitpick. The Raptors jersey is still not correct. I see a little white claw on the back of Landry Fields jersey. It should be a red maple leaf.......just saying......it's not like Im not going to by the game over it...LOL.

Great work to everyone at 2K.
The footage was captured before the new uniforms went in. I see maple leafs on the current uniforms.

# 53 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 02:27 PM

# 54 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 02:28 PM

# 55 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 02:29 PM

# 56 Vni @ 08/21/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
This one is funny because in an Nba 2K12 trailer you had that exact same action except it was rose giving the bounce pass to Boozer.

# 57 gator3guy @ 08/21/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
It's the small things. I love the shoulder nudge, and holding the ball away. The dynamic collisions look impressive. Speed mattering looks so right. Just all the fine details... man. This is it WHAT...

Missed this from NBA Live 2003 (i think).

# 58 Sparkles @ 08/21/12 02:36 PM
awesome! the only thing that pushes me away from this series are the graphics. not realistic at all and the player models look like zombies

# 59 kolanji @ 08/21/12 02:37 PM
mein it is the little things that just shows how far this game has come....

• the details on the footwear has gotten some attention
  • the foot planting on chandler guarding teague is amazing as his lateral movement is not as fast as teague's is ;for obvious reasons, but the way his body turns at the hip to try and recover and try to get the come from behind block was amazing to watch play out...winner jeff teague with a nice finish in the lane
  • the facial expression is just too impressive as teague launches towards the rim to a layup
  • the follow up animations after collisions, over exertions to finish around the rim is incredibly beautiful
  • reactions to hits and bumps with players being a bit taken out the play and shaken reaching for the spots that hurts... are u serious...

# 60 VDusen04 @ 08/21/12 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
I can't tell for sure, but Boozer's dunk looks like a dunk animation that's been in 2K for a few years that I've never been a fan of, though in a way I think it looks different. The one I'm thinking of just felt clunky, and the force with which the player wound up for the two hand flush was not represented with the response from the rim (i.e. no breakaway but still clangy dunk noise). I am hopeful the one I'm thinking of is not present.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.