Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In the video, Visual Concepts expands on the new Control Stick previously discussed in the first Dev Insight. Protect the ball, make space, and easily transition between moves in the low post with NBA 2K13’s all-new Control Stick.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BluFu @ 08/21/12 08:11 PM
did anyone elese notice z bo just straight up disappear at 0:37? LOL

# 142 RedSceptile @ 08/21/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
did anyone elese notice z bo just straight up disappear at 0:37? LOL
Had to go find his ankles on the bench.

# 143 Kashanova @ 08/21/12 08:33 PM
that dunk durant did was in Lebron's package in 2k12, I wonder if that's part of the new mini dunk packages..

# 144 fatleg3 @ 08/21/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So is there no more written insight? Like maybe this Friday? I need some good reading material when I'm at work....
Yea I want the written insights back also. It seems like it had much more info in it.

# 145 NYdreams @ 08/21/12 09:08 PM
game looks great.... i just hope 2k considers putting back crew... 2k12 just wasnt as fun online this year.. plus whats the point of a my player ??

# 146 jreezy18 @ 08/21/12 10:22 PM
Very impressive video. The differences in speed between bigger players and smaller players has me excited.

# 147 piccolomair @ 08/21/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
umm guys in the NBA can finish with both hands. Its not like kobe and carmelo were in jumpshot shooting form where they obviously shoot with their right hand , but their just trying to draw contact and throw the ball up and if the right hand isn't available they can still get a shot up with their left. its the NBA
which wouldnt bother me so much if it wasnt that in my player i see it happen a lot. I cant use my left to shoot in real life, and maybe its just me, but id like my myplayer counterpart to at least do the same moves as me (but of course be far more effective with everything he does) I want people who watch me use my player say "man that really is u" and if i do a left handed shot with my myplayer....it destroys that illusion..

# 148 Ajknowsit @ 08/21/12 11:10 PM
If every thing works as advertised and the controls are what I'm imagining they will feel and play like, this could be a long awaited game of video basketball I've been looking for.

# 149 Boilerbuzz @ 08/21/12 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
SAVED! That is brilliant!

# 150 DonWuan @ 08/22/12 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Was in ATL for short vacation last few days, and seen this at a restaurant we were at. Stuff looks even worse in person. Why would someone want this I will never understand. Coming from a guy who went bald.

And just when I thought 2k was getting stale they tweak it nicely so far.

# 151 riichiieriich @ 08/22/12 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
were you around when myplayer first started? that was the point of it. Live your nba career with the created player not 5 on 5 streetball with them. Crew came afterward
Who cares if it's about having a NBA career when you can't show off your player and all of the work you've put it? It feels good to go out and murder people with the guy you created and poured all of those hours into. FIFA has virtual pro ranked matches and pro clubs and it works wonderfully, why the hell can't the best basketball game get it right?

# 152 iLLosophy @ 08/22/12 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
were you around when myplayer first started? that was the point of it. Live your nba career with the created player not 5 on 5 streetball with them. Crew came afterward
That would be false. My Player and Crew both were introduced in NBA 2k10.

And most Crew players use My Player just as practice and to get XP. They don't really care about what team they play for, what position they were drafted, trade rumors, press room grades, etc. All of that is just grinding to make your player better for Crew games.

# 153 Phreezy P @ 08/22/12 03:04 AM
They should've never introduced crew. That way, they wouldn't receive the criticism they are getting now with the crew nagging.

# 154 iLLosophy @ 08/22/12 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
They should've never introduced crew. That way, they wouldn't receive the criticism they are getting now with the crew nagging.
....so by that same logic....because people criticized Apple for releasing the original iPad w/o a camera, your response would be they never should've put cameras in any of their products in the first place. LOL

# 155 daveberg @ 08/22/12 03:41 AM
Palming the ball - can't wait to do that with MJ.

# 156 Phreezy P @ 08/22/12 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
....so by that same logic....because people criticized Apple for releasing the original iPad w/o a camera, your response would be they never should've put cameras in any of their products in the first place. LOL
That is a bad analogy. Cameras are a mainstay for portable technology. Crew mode is not a mainstay for sports games.

# 157 JasonMartin @ 08/22/12 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Dumb comparison...

# 158 Nokstar @ 08/22/12 05:40 AM
I hate that you guys talk about crew so much. I get the feeling that next season the guys are going to put TOO much effort j to bringing it back because of it and taking less focus on GAMEPLAY improvement in the main game that the majority of people in the world care about the most. I know the guys read the forums and I'm pretty sure they are taking notice of this. If so I hope they don't take too much of this in and forget that the most important thing is improving the gameplay and features of season/association/exhibition/online exhibition/online leagues.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

# 159 Goffs @ 08/22/12 06:45 AM
Last year it was the online heads cluttering up gameplay insights....this year it's the crew....next year if they don't add legendary teams I'm going to clutter up gameplay insights for not having legendary teams...

It just seems right to do so...

# 160 JSensui @ 08/22/12 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Last year it was the online heads cluttering up gameplay insights....this year it's the crew....next year if they don't add legendary teams I'm going to clutter up gameplay insights for not having legendary teams...

It just seems right to do so...
It IS getting tiresome hearing the constant jabbering about Crew. It reminds me of how bad it got with silly accessory nitpicking ("LEBRON'S HEADBAND ISN'T ON CORRECTLY! NBA LOGO SHOULD BE CENTERED!") when there are very real issues going on with the rest of the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.