Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In the video, Visual Concepts expands on the new Control Stick previously discussed in the first Dev Insight. Protect the ball, make space, and easily transition between moves in the low post with NBA 2K13’s all-new Control Stick.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 BezO @ 08/22/12 08:45 AM
Wow!

I can't wait to see these things in context during some gameplay vids. And yes, some teams not named Heat or Thunder.

And 2K, please avoid the major glitch or near game killer. I'll still buy the game next year if this one is near perfect. I promise.

# 162 VDusen04 @ 08/22/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I remember 24/7 on 2k5.

Which was a "streetball" myplayer of sorts.

Just saying.
Good times. . .

# 163 Vni @ 08/22/12 12:29 PM
Epic ball movment at 0:16

# 164 Kashanova @ 08/22/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Good times. . .

lol, I used to hate when they would take jumpshots right under the basket

# 165 deetoman @ 08/22/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Good times. . .

2 broken controllers because of that mode......

# 166 rjohns23 @ 08/22/12 02:09 PM
Good insight(s) really like the bounce pass button. Hopefully it will not be a "cheese" method in where every player can throw crisp bounce passes and that the passes somehow morph to the players hands in traffic, but I doubt it though...

Also, I hope they added more to the association this year and that we get an insight. That is the only mode that I actually play.

# 167 Killa KMS @ 08/22/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Good times. . .

that fn reverse control part of the game

# 168 gator3guy @ 08/22/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Good times. . .

ESPN kept score of a driveway pick up game? Sweeet.

# 169 blues rocker @ 08/22/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Good times. . .

that's pretty bad, but sadly there is one area where that game actually works better - the offball defender was actually able to swipe at the ball and steal it from the big man. in current 2k games you can swipe and swipe when standing directly in front of the ball, yet your man almost always fails to knock it loose.

# 170 VDusen04 @ 08/22/12 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa KMS
that fn reverse control part of the game
Oh man. Trying to take down Mike Dunleavy Jr. with inverse controls under the Golden Gate Bridge still gives me nightmares. I literally resorted to attempting to play that challenge with my entire controller upside down. Didn't help.

# 171 mreyes930 @ 08/22/12 05:24 PM
Quote:
Oh man. Trying to take down Mike Dunleavy Jr. with inverse controls under the Golden Gate Bridge still gives me nightmares. I literally resorted to attempting to play that challenge with my entire controller upside down. Didn't help.
I used to play while watching the tv screen through a mirror. Worked like a charm hahaha

# 172 JohnB405 @ 08/22/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouB
Looks nice! BUTTTTT theres still a problem that no one is noticing, players at home dont wear black sleeves or black shoes!!!! they go with the white ones!!! This would make the game more realistic!!!!!!!
I have been begging for this to be fixed for years.. and it seems like such a small little thing that should be easily fixable.. I really don't understand what 2k's problem with fixing this is.. it's so small and yet it adds so much more authenticity to the game.

# 173 VDusen04 @ 08/22/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
I used to play with while watching the tv screen through a mirror. Worked like a charm hahaha
You just blew my mind.

# 174 LD2k @ 08/22/12 05:44 PM
Hey guys,

We just re-posted the the video which now includes some new footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HCt...&feature=g-u-u

# 175 Sundown @ 08/22/12 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
that's pretty bad, but sadly there is one area where that game actually works better - the offball defender was actually able to swipe at the ball and steal it from the big man. in current 2k games you can swipe and swipe when standing directly in front of the ball, yet your man almost always fails to knock it loose.
What 2k should do is have the man in the post pick up the ball and go into a double team animation where he keeps
the ball high and be able to make a move or pass out. The AI should also look to kick out if it sees a double coming and an open man on the perimeter (depending on tendencies). Perhaps ball security and offensive awareness could factor in on whether the big man sees the steal coming and reacts properly or coughs up the ball.

It should work similarly to how stealing works against ball handlers. We might also need a button to pick up the dribble manually for when we're controlling big men. Clicking the control stick? B in he post?

# 176 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/12 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Hey guys,

We just re-posted the the video which now includes some new footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HCt...&feature=g-u-u
Keeping it fresh!

Really looking good! Hope to see even more footage this week.

# 177 Eman5805 @ 08/22/12 05:52 PM
Looks like you added a nice Westbrook drive and jam. A Durant hack on a jumper. Took out Tyson trying to guard Teague though. Wonder why. Hmm...

First Zach Randolph warps into another dimension thanks to Kevin Love's up and under, now this. Very peculiar there, 2k.

# 178 JerzeyReign @ 08/22/12 06:01 PM
I don't like how players jump AFTER a dunker has already finished. Non shot blockers (especially guards who get get caught under the rim) will rarely jump if a dunker is taking flight -- dudes scared to end up on that poster.

# 179 Nathan_OS @ 08/22/12 06:02 PM
Yeah they should just stand there and watch, oh well though

# 180 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Looks like you added a nice Westbrook drive and jam. A Durant hack on a jumper. Took out Tyson trying to guard Teague though. Wonder why. Hmm...

First Zach Randolph warps into another dimension thanks to Kevin Love's up and under, now this. Very peculiar there, 2k.

The Love and Randolph clip is still in the video. The added clips were nice though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.