Home
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Check out the brand new gameplay video of Dale Jr. running 10 Laps at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Quote:
NASCAR fans have spoken, and nine-time most popular driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., defeated Kasey Kahne by a narrow margin in the final round of voting in the 'Drive for the Cover' campaign. Earnhardt, who earned more total votes than any other driver, will adorn the cover of the upcoming NASCAR The Game: Inside Line video game.

"I can't thank my fans enough for their continued support throughout the 'Drive for the Cover' campaign and the opportunity to represent JR Nation on the cover of NASCAR The Game: Inside Line," said Dale Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew/National Guard Chevrolet Impala. "An added benefit of being featured on the cover is the opportunity for all of my sponsors, especially National Guard, to reach more than a million NASCAR fans of all ages through this exciting new video game."

"We are excited for Dale Earnhardt Jr. to be featured on the cover of the new NASCAR The Game: Inside Line" said Blake Davidson, Vice President of Licensing & Consumer Products at NASCAR. "For a campaign that was driven entirely through driver, team and sponsor social media channels, the more than 750,000 votes cast in the 'Drive for the Cover' are a testament to the social media prowess of our industry and fans."

Source - Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins the 'Drive for the Cover' - Official Website

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line screenshot gallery - Click to view NASCAR The Game: Inside Line screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NASCAR The Game: Inside LineReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Feldman011teen @ 08/22/12 02:49 PM
Is there a reason that none of their gameplay trailers have shown racing back in traffic? If the A.I. is still horrid on this, it's not gonna be fun to play.

# 2 RunN1st @ 08/22/12 04:01 PM
This looks promising.

If the online allows for folks to join during practice and qual. it will be very cool. But I bet most likely it will require everyone to be in the lobby prior to starting a weekend.

# 3 bigdoc85 @ 08/22/12 04:55 PM
I felt the AI on NASCAR 11 was still better than anything EA had ever done. Hopefully this will keep improving on 11.

# 4 SilentSanta @ 08/22/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
Is there a reason that none of their gameplay trailers have shown racing back in traffic? If the A.I. is still horrid on this, it's not gonna be fun to play.
Has anyone posted this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1OtAgcoWc

# 5 Mo @ 08/22/12 11:24 PM
Dale Earnhardt Jr won the cover vote thingy? I am shocked

# 6 DerkontheOS @ 08/22/12 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Dale Earnhardt Jr won the cover vote thingy? I am shocked
I sense a hint of sarcasm...

# 7 RunN1st @ 08/23/12 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSanta
Has anyone posted this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1OtAgcoWc
Yep, already posted by someone.

# 8 mercalnd @ 08/23/12 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc22
I felt the AI on NASCAR 11 was still better than anything EA had ever done. Hopefully this will keep improving on 11.
As long as you were near the front of the pack that was true. It's when in heavy traffic that the poor AI really showed itself slamming on the brakes for no apparent reason.

My biggest issues were with the lack of damage to AI cars which all but forced you to play with no damage at all and the fact that cars involved in a caution got to restart in their pre-caution position.

I also heard about massive pitting issues but I always ran races just long enough to avoid having to pit in NASCAR games (15% I think). That forces me to manage my tires to preserve handling until the end of the race without having to worry about AI pitting issues or massively slow user pit stops. I like to be able to run a full race weekend in about an hour or so.

# 9 Happy29 @ 08/23/12 11:27 AM
He had my vote all season.

# 10 SilentSanta @ 08/24/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Yep, already posted by someone.
Okay. Just wondered because the first comment was complaining about no racing in the back with traffic.

# 11 JMD @ 08/24/12 07:09 PM
Graphics look sweet.

# 12 Aggies7 @ 08/31/12 10:34 AM
Well I'm not surprised Dale Jr ended up on the cover. Was pulling for Tony Stewart until he was eliminated. Then Dale Jr was my pick.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.