Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks Dwayne Mills!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigeastbumrush @ 08/23/12 08:20 PM
I really like the one-handed rebounds.

# 22 Sinner @ 08/23/12 08:32 PM
Love how smooth this game is looking..if its looking this good in this built can't imagine how it will play in the retail version. That pick on Bron was nice but hope it doesn't happen to much. Not feeling all the gold, mics and speakers on presentation either. 2k needs to remember less is more in some instances

# 23 blues rocker @ 08/23/12 08:36 PM
saw some good stuff....although the Wade layup at 1:43 was questionable....had the slip-n-slide physics feel from 2k12. Wade drove into the defender, yet somehow the defender just got slid to the right and let him through. Wade also did a longer animation by going left and toward the defender, when he should've just quickly went right on the layup...but that could've been user error.

# 24 BezO @ 08/23/12 08:37 PM
IMO, these guys can't make this game look bad...

Perfect spacing on the 1st play. Despite the user not knowing what to do with the pick & hesitating on a wide open jumper, the play unfolds beautifully.

The Thunder's 1st play right after that, great cut & pass (even if a little late). The CPU looked very decisive on that play.

Bosh's picks on the Heat's 1st 2 plays were great. A little moving pick on that 1st one?

The Thunder's 2nd possession starting at 1:26, very aggressive & un-CPU like. Great move by Westbrook. And he recognized immediately that he created enough space to get off a good shot.

Great break off the miss starting at 1:38 ending in a beautiful bounce pass. Only a delayed layup attempt took away from the beauty of that play.

Another decisive un-CPU like play starting at 2:26. I really like the CPU's recognition of open jumpers.

Tough screen on LeBron at 3:08.

Great screen for Durant at 3:38.

Great cut by LeBron at 5:03. Only a delayed layup attempt hurts the beauty of that play.

Great screens for Westbook at 5:17 & 5:20. Not sure what stopped him from going straight up with the left, but he did draw the foul.

Another quick, aggressive play for the CPU at 5:55. I'm loving how the CPU recognizes when it's open.

The game is moving very smooth. The transition animations are looking good. And the AI looks great. Even when the user doesn't run much offense, the AI teammates are in the right spots. I could nit pick a few things, but there's so much good going on here that it's hard not to enjoy every second of this vid.

Can't wait for some HD vids. And can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 25 magicman32 @ 08/23/12 09:03 PM
The quick 2 handed jump passes are a thing of beauty and really bring a smile to my face. Animations seem a bit quicker and definitely smoother. The AI seems a lot smarter also. You can tell they know how to space the floor.

I can't wait to get this game in my hands. Looks like 2k13 will be "Da Bomb". LOL

# 26 tcnumba10 @ 08/23/12 09:05 PM
Wow AI actually walking up the court with the ball and call out plays waving their arms! And actually taking mid-range shots! So far the best video displaying how the AI plays! Can't wait!

# 27 aloncho11 @ 08/23/12 09:16 PM
Really love how smooth and organic the game plays! Looks like now we have some real contextual intelligence by the players by watching the spacing, off-ball movement and defensive play.

# 28 stillfeelme @ 08/23/12 09:39 PM
The AI is so sick, no cheesy forcing the shot. They are spacing the court beautifully without no plays. The freelance offense is on another level compared to 2k12. I can't wait to the CPU has actual more plays. OKC runs so many pick and rolls in real life Perkins will be putting people on the floor constantly.

# 29 TalenT @ 08/23/12 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
the game looks good but i just cant stand how these people play. they are so herkey jerkey and take horrible shots.
It's unbearable at times Lol. It makes you wanna snatch the controller away through the screen and show them how it's done! Still....with that being said...I'll take what vids we can get!

# 30 BluFu @ 08/23/12 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Love Thabo's corner jumper
still hate how his follow through is lost before the shot goes in/misses. just a small complaint

# 31 Boilerbuzz @ 08/24/12 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
is it just me but....I CANT STAND all that gold mess around the sub boxes...and the replays..makes no sense and kills the presentation...other from that the game looks solid..
Well, it's different, right? Has to float somebody's boat, I guess...

# 32 Vni @ 08/24/12 12:08 AM
AI is really impressive. Looks awesome.

# 33 VDusen04 @ 08/24/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
is it just me but....I CANT STAND all that gold mess around the sub boxes...and the replays..makes no sense and kills the presentation...other from that the game looks solid...

and Lebron gettin leveled on that pick...lol beautiful..
I agree with you. It certainly takes away a bit of realism.

# 34 2k10Fonzarelli @ 08/24/12 09:09 AM
Things i noticed on the first watching :

CPU Give and go @ 1:05 - looked very reminiscent of PES 1-2 passing. Good stuff

CPU off ball movement @ 1:24 onwards, players are very active at rotating away from the ball in this scenario. Spacing of the floor looks much improved

1:43 bounce to wade! + a fake inbounds pass?( i never bothered trying this in 2k12, is it in there too?)

Chalmers polished the hardwood @ 2:17 from a rushed, off balance hook shot. One of many different animations...

Can't get over the off ball movement. Elbow to low post exchange at 2:37 ish. And the Westbrook jumper at the same time. Smart CPU decision, very akin to Westbrooks RL tendencies

Battier's crossover 2:50. A little too "Iverson" for my tastes. And is that perkins or Ibaka str8 out muscling him for the rebound? I think so! ( on second viewing this could be interpreted as the same as 2k12. what does the community think?)

3:25, replay on a contested Jumper? ok...sure! Why not?

Thabo calling plays at 3:40. Good looking animation

5:40 onwards we get a good look at a post play cutscene. This game looks noticeably better than 2k12. Similar to the modwork done on PC for 2k12. pretty stunning. The future bodes well, graphically, when 2k goes fully next gen in 2-4 years.

At 3:08 when Perkins picks lebron, it kind of seemed like he bodychecked James. Im not so convinced that James, being almost the same size as perkins, would've fallen down on the pick with such a small distance between James' initial neutral point and Perkins' pick.
At what rate will people be hitting the deck if 6'8" 255+lb LBJ is hitting the deck after that seemingly innocuous pick? (or did the user flop? j/k)

# 35 ForeverVersatile @ 08/24/12 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
LOL why is my government name there and not TheBlueprint83??

# 36 Altimus @ 08/24/12 09:15 AM
Hurry up September...

# 37 jreezy18 @ 08/24/12 09:56 AM
I continue to be impressed by this game whenever I see some footage. After the first developer insight and earlier gamescom footage this game went from the "I might buy this game" list to the "I must buy this game" list. That Westbrook pull up at 2:37 was just so him. The guy loves that drive and pull up jumper.

# 38 chris63 @ 08/24/12 11:41 AM
awesome to see a new heat check pop up w/ the abilities My God this game looks great!

The only beef I have is I believe I saw Battier get outrebounded by Thabo and Ibaka, when he pretty much got pushed forward when they jumped right over his back (since he didn't box out) @ :48 and 2:58. Maybe Battier's just a bad rebounder? lol But I think that's what IpodKingCarter and other Teamup guys are complaining about the rebounding...

# 39 chris63 @ 08/24/12 11:54 AM
Also when Westbrook went for the pull-up at 2:35 I LOVE how he immediately went to the hoop to grab his own miss!

# 40 chris63 @ 08/24/12 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63
Also when Westbrook went for the pull-up at 2:35 I LOVE how he immediately went to the hoop to grab his own miss!
^ Well at least he looked like he was about to go for the rebound lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.