Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks Dwayne Mills!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Vni @ 08/24/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm seeing that half spin a bit much....is that triggered with turbo or done with the new control stick?
Guessing it's turbo since we see it so much. Hope I'am wrong though.

# 62 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/24/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Another video i found for my OS peeps.. Yes they suck, but you see some nice animations mid video.

What happened at around 1:37? Westbrook and Chalmers didn't interact at all even though they were close enough to kiss.

Love the fact that Westbrook gets bumped at 1:54 but keeps moving forward since he had the physical advantage regarding strength and momentum. Not sure how much of each one contributed to that result, but it's a very welcomed start.

Also, I can already tell I might have to change Westbrook's dunk package. He has pretty much two non-fast break dunks he likes to do, and the dunk at 1:57 ain't one of em. lol.

Nice emotion by Bosh at 2:18. Hope they'll be contextually appropriate (i.e., not getting fired up over a normal bucket).

Nice mid-air flop layup by Harden at 2:32 (and again at 3:45). Hopefully wreckless players (using that term positively) like Westbrook, Wade, Harden, etc., will have those types of layups in their packages.

Maybe it's just me, but I dislike how the ball kinda twists and spins over the lip of the rim as it goes in almost every time it's laid up from right under the basket.

3:04, Perry Jones shoots a jumper and kinda stumbles as he comes back to the floor. Not sure if he was trying to follow his own shot or maybe it was a Dynamic Shot Generator animation. I liked it though.

Glad to see Harden didn't get his head at the rim at 4:01 and 4:22, since he didn't have the proper momentum or hard gather to do so. We'll see with smaller players though-- players like Deron and Derrick Rose should have to really gather to get up the power to dunk in the half-court, since they won't have a running start.

4:16, I think Battier tipped a pass from Chalmers while trying to catch it. It may have been a set animation, but if not, it was a good live ball scenario. Hopefully no more of those "Bobbled pass" animations.

Looking good so far.

# 63 Eman5805 @ 08/24/12 05:42 PM
You say they suck, but they weren't bad at all. Not perfect, no one of the guy must play the game with turbo held down at all times. But there's been FAR worse Gamescon vids.

Did I just see D-Wade use the rim to shield a layup? I also like the smooth subtle bounce in people's step when they bring the ball up and even into the first initial crossover or two or when they come to a stop. Very nice. Also solid drive and dunk from Westbrook. It's early and the game is still close to no flashy **** back tomahawk, just throw it down with one hand.

On an unrelated note, I don't know what YouTube or Flash did but it seems you can't go seamlessly from watching a video to typing a comment while the vid is paused or something. I should be able to switch what I'm giving commands to by clicking inside of a dialogue box, and not have the video switch to full screen or start or stop whenever I press the space bar.

Looks like it's time to complain to somebody...

# 64 stillfeelme @ 08/24/12 06:14 PM
2ND video looks good.

Sig Skills count from 1st video

Wade, LeBron have 5 are maxed out
Chalmers 2
Battier 3
Bosh 1

# 65 blues rocker @ 08/24/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Another video i found for my OS peeps.. Yes they suck, but you see some nice animations mid video.

i really like what this video shows in terms of the improved quickness and responsiveness of the movements. compared to 2k12 the players in this vid just look and feel so much more explosive, and the movements feel much more fast-paced like a real nba game. passes look quicker, players change direction quicker, layups and dunks look quicker with less sluggish gathers. pretty much every type of movement looks quicker and more responsive than 2k12...seeing as unresponsive movement and sluggish animations were my biggest problem with 2k12, 2k13 should definitely be a step up for me.

# 66 stillfeelme @ 08/24/12 07:08 PM
Wow in that second video I have seen something that I have not seen before. 22 seconds into the game Ibaka tried to block the shot by Wade with two hands . Small little details like that are sick

# 67 jreezy18 @ 08/24/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Right, and that's what I meant. I'm not making an effort to be negative, but I just felt that I should point out how one player mimicking his real-life tendencies could easily be a coincidence, and that it's not tantamount to proof that most other players will do the same. This is an area in which 2K has struggled for a very long time, and I hope and pray, to anyone who will listen, that they'll improve this facet of 2K13, but I'd be cautiously enthusiastic until the game touches my hands.
Yeah I see your point. Getting overly optimistic has burned me in the past so I'll definitely keep my expectations in check.

# 68 JasonMartin @ 08/24/12 08:04 PM
The way Haslem moves at 3:25, dribbling the ball so fluently, doing some kind of turn/spin move etc. Is that still realistic for a player like him, at his age? He isn't the player that dribbles much, 6 years ago yes but nowadays no way.

Maybe it something with the controls but I've seen it in a lot of clips where players turn their back and do these weird dribble/spin moves (everyone does/has the same move).

I'm talking about this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyo5T...ayer_embedded#!

# 69 VDusen04 @ 08/24/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
The way Haslem moves at 3:25, dribbling the ball so fluently, doing some kind of turn/spin move etc. Is that still realistic for a player like him, at his age? He isn't the player that dribbles much, 6 years ago yes but nowadays no way.

Maybe it something with the controls but I've seen it in a lot of clips where players turn their back and do these weird dribble/spin moves (everyone does/has the same move).

I'm talking about this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyo5T...ayer_embedded#!
I think there's two parts to the answer of your question. First, when you ask, "Is that realistic for a player like him?", the short answer is no. If we were watching the Heat take on the Thunder again on ABC, Udonis Haslem wouldn't be caught dead free styling up the floor and throwing an overhead pass from half court (without looking) into a sea of defenders.

However, on the flip side, that player was user controlled, so Haslem's going to do whatever he wants as long as that person controlling him makes it so. Is it realistic for Ben Wallace to grab a rebound and shoot a full court with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter? No, but there's been times where I've accidentally made it happen because players attempt what my input tells them to, even if it doesn't make sense in terms of basketball strategy.

Now, if the question is whether Haslem is even capable of pulling off such moves, I'd give a resounding affirmation. He's 32 years old and he's not a basketball derelict. We don't see guys like Udonis Haslem handle the basketball much because it's not a terribly reliable team strategy when a team contains some of the best ball-handling guards in the world. However, it doesn't mean he literally cannot perform any more than a straight forward right-handed dribble. Even at the mid-sized high school I once played at, our gumpy big men could perform half-spins and painfully slow step-back cross dribbles if they had no one on them. And in the example you reference, no one was really guarding Haslem except for an equally spazzy (and user-controlled) Nick Collison, who more or less made two wild reaches and did not truly attempt to play defense, per se.

# 70 JasonMartin @ 08/24/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
However, on the flip side, that player was user controlled, so Haslem's going to do whatever he wants as long as that person controlling him makes it so.
I get that, but I hope the games discourages you to use the player in such a way. He just seemed too agile/fast for my liking. But I'm sure it will be fine because 2K12 had it right. Just looks unnatural.

00:48 kinda proves me wrong, but this was 6 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpddW4ml1U

Can someone tell me how to embed videos?

# 71 VDusen04 @ 08/24/12 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I get that, but I hope the games discourages you to use the player in such a way. He just seemed too agile/fast for my liking. But I'm sure it will be fine because 2K12 had it right. Just looks unnatural.

00:48 kinda proves me wrong, but this was 6 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpddW4ml1U

Can someone tell me how to embed videos?
I definitely see where you're coming from and as DukeC mentioned, if Haslem were being defended proper, either by a computer defender or by a user who was doing virtually anything besides quick-triggering the steal button with a power forward while not squared up to Haslem's dribble, it very well could have been trouble. When left to their own devices though, nearly every NBA player will be able to pull off their own set of ball-handling moves.

Also, to embed:

1) Click "Share" beneath your video (on the YouTube page)

2) Select the "Embed" button

3) An embedded code box will pop up highlighted in blue (multiple lines of text). I right click over it and select "Copy".

4) I then paste it into a post here.

5) I refresh my OS Forum page to make sure it's showing up correctly

# 72 Ajknowsit @ 08/24/12 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I definitely see where you're coming from and as DukeC mentioned, if Haslem were being defended proper, either by a computer defender or by a user who was doing virtually anything besides quick-triggering the steal button with a power forward while not squared up to Haslem's dribble, it very well could have been trouble. When left to their own devices though, nearly every NBA player will be able to pull off their own set of ball-handling moves.

Also, to embed:

1) Click "Share" beneath your video (on the YouTube page)

2) Select the "Embed" button

3) An embedded code box will pop up highlighted in blue (multiple lines of text). I right click over it and select "Copy".

4) I then paste it into a post here.

5) I refresh my OS Forum page to make sure it's showing up correctly

That's got to be patched, pure cheese with the iso, big men can't do that...lol

# 73 eko718 @ 08/24/12 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

The difference is that these are "bigman crossovers" while in the videos, I've seen Haslem, Perkins, Battier, and Lewis dribble with the style of a point guard.

# 74 ForeverVersatile @ 08/25/12 10:02 AM
Maybe the dribble packages for big men weren't put in yet?? Hopefully we won't see big men doing anything too crazy. I think they should be limited to basis things like a slow between the legs dribble,slow cross over/switching hands...etc

# 75 KasparV @ 08/25/12 07:29 PM
Quote:

I love the triple threat move Wade pulls off at 1:08 or so before the dunk. Not only was it fast, the defender (and myself) totally fell for that move!

Also, because these two players use the turbo buttons even more than I've seen so far, they sub their star players out because they are fatigued

# 76 neptuneniq @ 08/25/12 08:20 PM
westbrook has that much hair?

# 77 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/25/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparV
I love the triple threat move Wade pulls off at 1:08 or so before the dunk. Not only was it fast, the defender (and myself) totally fell for that move!
I didn't even notice that move the first time I watched it. That move was pretty sweet, not in slow motion like a lot of triple-threat moves in 2K12, and it's a move Wade pulls off a lot IRL.

# 78 pharaoh_00 @ 08/26/12 01:08 AM
Afro-American what, bitch1

# 79 stillfeelme @ 08/26/12 11:16 AM
Quote:

I have watched this video a couple of times and I just now noticed that LeBron attempted a chasedown block at the 15 second mark on Westbrook. What was impressive is he missed and he had to brace himself on the padding on the court and was out of the fast break going the other way. His momentum sort of took him right out of bounds as it can happen in real life. The whole sequence shows that 2K has the details down on another level.

I also noticed that players now have realistic momentum when attempting to block shots while running and they don't jump in the air with no awareness of the ball which was frustrating in 2K12. Watch Wade and Chalmers momentum as they attempt to block Westbrook at 1:30. They ran and jumped their momentum on the jump took them right out of the play on the block. I actually wanted this in the 2K13 Wishlist thread so I am very happy they implemented this.

# 80 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/26/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I have watched this video a couple of times and I just now noticed that LeBron attempted a chasedown block at the 15 second mark on Westbrook. What was impressive is he missed and he had to brace himself on the padding on the court and was out of the fast break going the other way. His momentum sort of took him right out of bounds as it can happen in real life. The whole sequence shows that 2K has the details down on another level.
Just went back and looked at that again, and it was a very good animation. Looked just like LeBron's "block from behind" style, and as you said, his momentum carried him out of bounds.

Very nice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.