Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 whoahello @ 08/28/12 08:01 PM
Let me get this straight, Rondo can't make 3's, can barely make mid range shots, can't make free throws consistently, can't post up other guards and he gets to be a 90?

# 142 Paul Pierce_OS @ 08/28/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
Let me get this straight, Rondo can't make 3's, can barely make mid range shots, can't make free throws consistently, can't post up other guards and he gets to be a 90?
I would argue that, in the playoffs he was knocking them down with regularity did you see the game in Miami where he had 40+ points. He also post up other guards time to time.

He can also:

Pass the ball at an Elite Level
Score At A HIGH clip in the playoffs
Rebound Like a 4 man
spg leader
Excellent Offensive and Defensive awareness
Great Leader
Has a RING!

I don't go by OVR ever, but if you were editing a roster like that he deserved to be 90 "Overall".

# 143 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
I would argue that, in the playoffs he was knocking them down with regularity did you see the game in Miami where he had 40+ points. He also post up other guards time to time.

He can also:

Pass the ball at an Elite Level
Score At A HIGH clip in the playoffs
Rebound Like a 4 man
spg leader
Excellent Offensive and Defensive awareness
Great Leader
Has a RING!

I don't go by OVR ever, but if you were editing a roster like that he deserved to be 90 "Overall".
I don't understand how are you guys just going off the Playoffs and writing off what they did the rest of the season. By that same logic, Jrue Holiday should be an 84, Lavoy Allen should be a 78, Harden should drop to 73, Danny Green should be a 60.

I realize the insider updates ratings as we go along but a lot of us commit to offline/online associations & my player based on initial ratings and use them throughout the year, and 90% of our games in those scenarios are going to be played in the regular season, so it makes no sense having their exaggerated playoff ratings in the game. If I have to play the knicks 4 times in my first season I don't want to see a "Game 4" Carmelo every single game. I want to see him struggle some games. And I definitely don't want to see Rondo hitting 3's & mid range shots like he did in the playoffs.

And come on man, Rondo does not rebound like a power forward. He is active and sneaky on the boards, he's not throwing bows & boxing guys out lol

# 144 Paul Pierce_OS @ 08/28/12 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I don't understand how are you guys just going off the Playoffs and writing off what they did the rest of the season. By that same logic, Jrue Holiday should be an 84, Lavoy Allen should be a 78, Harden should drop to 73, Danny Green should be a 60.

I realize the insider updates ratings as we go along but a lot of us commit to offline/online associations & my player based on initial ratings and use them throughout the year, and 90% of our games in those scenarios are going to be played in the regular season, so it makes no sense having their exaggerated playoff ratings in the game. If I have to play the knicks 4 times in my first season I don't want to see a "Game 4" Carmelo every single game. I want to see him struggle some games. And I definitely don't want to see Rondo hitting 3's & mid range shots like he did in the playoffs.

And come on man, Rondo does not rebound like a power forward.
Oh I agree with that I believe they should use a mix of Playoff Stats and Regular season stats to formulate ratings but I know they won't their asking people on TWITTER what ratings should be so of course their going to be skewed. That's one thing I like about Live, they used synergy stats rather then asking their fan base for rating opinions. About the Rondo thing, yeah I might of been over the top about his rebounding ability and should have worded it better. What I meant his that he is a Top is not the best rebounding PG in the game and should be rated accordingly.

# 145 Paul Pierce_OS @ 08/28/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
I think they actually do because I read somewhere that some of Melo's rating came from the Olympic games.
Why rate players how they play in Olympic competition, Different Rules, Different Team Mates on the current teams (CP3 setting him up for scoring opportunities ect.). 2K should get their ratings based off their NBA stats (Playoff and Regular season )on the regular teams and in FIBA competition rate him how he played IN FIBA competition.

# 146 kmiree16 @ 08/28/12 09:36 PM
This thread is hilarious. And the best part is none of the arguing/bashing going on in here will solve anything. It's the same thing every year.

# 147 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiree16
This thread is hilarious. And the best part is none of the arguing/bashing going on in here will solve anything. It's the same thing every year.
Yeah I know, but for me It kills time while being board at work.

# 148 Wildcats302 @ 08/28/12 10:03 PM
I really do not care what those stupid formulas say...for their whole careers Kobe>>>Wade. 5>2 as well. Lebron might win Wade some more though but Kobe will win at least 1 more as well.

# 149 SPRINGS03 @ 08/28/12 10:06 PM
Eh, seems fair to me. As a kobe fan i find a 93 to be a respectable rating for him at this point in his career.

# 150 Bodhi166 @ 08/28/12 10:06 PM
kobe is a way better player than durant all around....smh at those ratings

# 151 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz313
At this pont in their careers, Kobe literally does NOTHING better than Durant.

Kobe does a better job of telling his teammates "Give me the ____ing ball" when the game is on the line vs Durant who'll just wait on the 3pt line with hands up while Westbrook tries to And1 three defenders.

Does that count?

# 152 JwP23 @ 08/28/12 10:31 PM
Kobe was playing like a prime Kobe in 2K12 and here we go again. 93 is a joke.

# 153 J_Posse @ 08/28/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz313
At this pont in their careers, Kobe literally does NOTHING better than Durant.

OK, im wrong as fukk lol. Kobe is a better post player and better passer (hell, everybody is a better passer than Durant and Melo, Maryland does not produce playmakers lmao).

He isn't a "true" playmaker, but Ty Lawson (born in Clinton, Maryland) would like a word with you. Carmelo wasn't born in the DMV, and apparently claims Brooklyn, so he doesn't count for down here anymore.

# 154 garnettfan @ 08/28/12 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Kobe was 2nd in scoring for whatever thats worth.
I think Rondo should be like 88 or 89 no jumpshot. & jumpshooting has a lot of ratings mid,3,runner,fade away,etc
kobe should b a flat 90,rondo a 93,melo is very overrated he pratically joe jhonson with more size ill give him a 88 at best

# 155 thelastcenturion @ 08/28/12 11:28 PM
They got Kobe just about right, but i'm just ready for them to post Lebron's rating

# 156 thelastcenturion @ 08/28/12 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Meh. I ain't too mad. They probably have Durant, Kobe, and Melo over-rated on defense though. After the All Star break Melo averaged 23.5 PPG on 45% FG and 35% from 3.

The last month of the season Carmelo averaged 29.8 PPG on 49% FG and 46% from 3.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...armelo-anthony
Too bad an nba season is longer than a month

# 157 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 08/29/12 01:52 AM
Kobe is about right at this point in his career. I'd go with 92, but 93 is close enough. I'm also cool with Rondo at 90, so long as his shooting ratings are where they should be. I'm not a Rondo fan, but he is super fast, gets massive steals, assists and rebounds and is incredibly clutch. Triple-double guys like him should be rated high, whether they can shoot or not.

Melo, on the other hand, is laughable at a 92. I'm actually a Kobe *****, but there is no way Kobe is only 1 point better than Melo, no matter what stage in their career they're at. Melo does not take his teams anywhere in the playoffs- that should count for something - he's just not an all-around player enough to a 92. I could see 88-90, but nothing higher. He just doesn't pass or play defense, and he really doesn't rebound all that well for his size and the number of minutes he gets.

The best evidence against Melo's rating, though, is the fact that Pippen is also a 92. There is no way Melo should be as high as Pippen. They play the same position and Pippen is considered one of the top 3 defensive small forwards of all-time, is the all-time steals leader among small forwards, had better athleticism than Melo, was a better passer, and could still shoot at a high percentage. And, Pippen was a massive winner. Melo can shoot MORE than Pip and scores more, BUT THAT IS IT.

Glad to see Love getting some, well, love. 89. He's going to be a beast. As he should be.

# 158 raiderphantom @ 08/29/12 02:22 AM
I think Rondo's is accurate given he doesn't score a bunch. Melo had a turrible year besides the last month of the season. Kobe? Maybe a tad too high. Doesn't have superb athletic ability anymore and is less and less efficient every year.
I'd go
Kobe 91
Rondo 90
Melo 86

# 159 jeebs9 @ 08/29/12 09:35 AM
Have this talk every year, And every year it's the samething. As long as the players play like they do in real life. The overall ratings don't matter.

# 160 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 08/29/12 09:38 AM
LeBron will be rated 100.

The reason you see bloated ratings for stars every year is due to overinflated awareness and speed ratings. This could be augmented even moreso this year if sig skills also factor into ratings.

The better choice for accuracy and realistic-gameplay-producing ratings would be to expand the parameter windows instead of pushing the ceilings across the board to generate appealing outcomes.

The default player ratings and the "silent treatment" regarding the State of the Servers makes it clear that online play has been neglected again... And that puts me on the fence.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.