Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest NBA 2K13 trailer, showing off the All-Star add-on content.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 glover20064 @ 08/28/12 08:08 AM
Looked nice , and that you can participate in thes competition with your my player is just great, hopefully it's not only for 360 and ps3 as it says at the end of the video.
*add on content for xbox 360 and playstation 3 system only.

we pc guys need this aswell

# 82 KB2009Champ @ 08/28/12 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I saw Lillard in the trailer, no tatoos for the rookies again? I can live with that , but it would be a little of disappointment since I drafted Beal and Lillard in my online league

You must have some good eyes cause I didn't see him anywhere.

# 83 CallMeDrop @ 08/28/12 08:26 AM
I will probably never this mode at all. Looks decent though.

# 84 chris63 @ 08/28/12 08:39 AM
Is it just me or did they actually fix KD to make him look skinny? I thought I noticed the change in his body build from the last developer insight/...

# 85 LeBronistheKing @ 08/28/12 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Looks very fun and very promising!

I would really love to see Shawn Kemp and the Sonics compete in this flavor:

This.....If you are going to have Shawn Kemp as a competitor in the dunk contest have him looking just like this with the jersey the sonics used before the 96 Jersey that is in the game currently.

# 86 jayman504 @ 08/28/12 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
If you are talking about these:

These shoes are not generics, are supposed to be the Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012:

YEAH isnt Blake wearing them jumping over the Kia?

# 87 coolcras7 @ 08/28/12 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grown@ssMan85
Ya Digg SMH i never liked GUITAR HERO so what is my motivation to play a knockoff LOL i'll pass
because music and a guitars have nothing to do with this mode.

# 88 coolcras7 @ 08/28/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
In truth, the old dunk contest was also just about pressing the correct buttons at the right time. But I know what you're getting at. The buttons this year seem to have a lot less to do with exactly what's happening on the court. In fact, they seem to have nothing to do with what's happening on the court (not judging takeoff angle, which foot to leap off of, what type of wind up, what type of finish). So I agree with you there. That's a big disappointment and has been since its announcement in May.

Speaking of which, the All-Star announcement was so long ago I forgot a lot of the details. I seem to remember hearing the All-Star DLC would have a leg up on the regular All-Star teams available to non-DLC people. I'm thinking regular folks (non-pre-orders) will still be playing their ASG in last year's venue (Orlando). I'd assume the All-Star teams will be made up of last year's rosters until the real team is announced and I'm also betting they will not be editable. I suppose they could theoretically flip-flop Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum, but who knows. Also, again, I'm thinking they would in fact have to wait until the new All-Star jerseys are released in order to use them in-game, unless they worked out something where the NBA releases them very early this year to accommodate the game, but that seems unlikely.
First the old dunk contest was a mode that most people did not play or enjoy, so give them credit for at least trying something new, and making it something the whole family can play, it may not be for everyone because some seem to be obsessed with the controls being similar to guitar hero, but like you said the old mode was nothing but button mashing and hope that you pull something off, most of the time is was completely unrealistic.

# 89 JasonMartin @ 08/28/12 10:17 AM
press A

press A

press Y

press X

press B

congrats you just got a 10/10 for doing a 360 dunk while doing a salto in midair and flipping off Jay-Z ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Your player just won the dunk contest.

# 90 BezO @ 08/28/12 10:18 AM
Looked good until the guitar hero controls reared its ugly head. Eh well. I'll enjoy the replay vids I'm sure will be posted.

# 91 X*Cell @ 08/28/12 10:32 AM
1) Get Gervin off the Bulls... just don't look right... that wasn't even a classic Chicago team..
2) Rookie vs. Sophomore jerseys are moronic... why aren't they just donning their team uniforms?
3) Still missing the Skills Challenge (and Haier Shooting Stars)
4) Dunk Contest + Guitar Hero = Dumb.

All-Star Weekend won't really be that cool until 2K14 or 2K15.

# 92 ewingandoakley @ 08/28/12 11:04 AM
At least we know that there will still be legends in 2k13.

# 93 ewingandoakley @ 08/28/12 11:17 AM
Here are the classic players that are seen in the video and the ones on the dream team.

Clyde Drexler
Jerome Kersey
Larry Bird
Pete Maravich
Magic Johnson
John Stockton
Gary Payton
Chris Mullin
Spud Webb
George Gervin
Michael Jordan
Shawn Kemp
Dominique Wilkins
Nick Anderson
Patrick Ewing
Charles Barkley
David Robinson
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone

From this we can speculate that these teams will be included in 2k13:

70-71 Lakers (the hawks played them last year)
70-71 Hawks
85-86 Bulls
85-86 Celtics
85-86 Hawks
86-87 Lakers
90-91 Blazers
90-91 Lakers
90-91 Warriors
90-91 Bulls
92-93 Bulls
94-95 Knicks
94-95 Magic
95-96 Sonics
96-97 Hawks?????? (Just cuz laettner is included, Mutombo and steve smith were in last year's game)
97-98 Jazz
97-98 Bulls

And hopefully some more good teams.

# 94 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/28/12 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
If you are talking about these:

These shoes are not generics, are supposed to be the Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012:

I thought these were new generics, but I might be wrong:

# 95 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/28/12 11:51 AM
Also, maybe 2K can add an arm sleeve and calf sleeves to Marshon Brooks. I wonder if 2K will add those adidas calf sleeves to available accessories.

# 96 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/28/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
1) Get Gervin off the Bulls... just don't look right... that wasn't even a classic Chicago team..
2) Rookie vs. Sophomore jerseys are moronic... why aren't they just donning their team uniforms?
3) Still missing the Skills Challenge (and Haier Shooting Stars)
4) Dunk Contest + Guitar Hero = Dumb.

All-Star Weekend won't really be that cool until 2K14 or 2K15.
1. 2K seems to think that 86 Bulls team is one of the best teams ever only cos it was the team Jordan scored the 63 on Boston. Besides that the team was awful and barely even made the playoffs. Overall that team was awful besides Jordan. I agree Gervin needs to be in a Spurs Uniform.

2. This give them their NBA jerseys cos the white and black generic ones look awful.

3. Skills Challenge would be epic if they even include it.

4. Guitar Hero dunk contest is just dumb. Im sure the dunk animations will look nice but hitting a bunch of dumb combos is a very lame mode.

# 97 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/28/12 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingandoakley
Here are the classic players that are seen in the video and the ones on the dream team.

Clyde Drexler
Jerome Kersey
Larry Bird
Pete Maravich
Magic Johnson
John Stockton
Gary Payton
Chris Mullin
Spud Webb
George Gervin
Michael Jordan
Shawn Kemp
Dominique Wilkins
Nick Anderson
Patrick Ewing
Charles Barkley
David Robinson
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone

From this we can speculate that these teams will be included in 2k13:

70-71 Lakers (the hawks played them last year)
70-71 Hawks
85-86 Bulls
85-86 Celtics
85-86 Hawks
86-87 Lakers
90-91 Blazers
90-91 Lakers
90-91 Warriors
90-91 Bulls
92-93 Bulls
94-95 Knicks
94-95 Magic
95-96 Sonics
96-97 Hawks?????? (Just cuz laettner is included, Mutombo and steve smith were in last year's game)
97-98 Jazz
97-98 Bulls

And hopefully some more good teams.
So from this list it seems we might be getting the same teams from last year with a new Hawks team to give Laettner his own team and Barkley on the 85 76ers. Id much rather them add some new teams along with these teams to at least add something new to stuff we got in 2K12.

# 98 Jakeness23 @ 08/28/12 12:39 PM
I like everything I saw in this. I kind of like the guitar hero thing for the Dunk Contest instead of a bunch of complicated controls, but that's me.

One thing I do hope is that the venue changes every year (may be a stretch) but it'd get kind of old for it to be in Houston EVERY SINGLE YEAR in Association...

# 99 aloncho11 @ 08/28/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
1. 2K seems to think that 86 Bulls team is one of the best teams ever only cos it was the team Jordan scored the 63 on Boston. Besides that the team was awful and barely even made the playoffs. Overall that team was awful besides Jordan. I agree Gervin needs to be in a Spurs Uniform.
I'm quite sure 2K doesn't consider the 1986 Bulls one of the best teams ever. The reason they remained in 2K12 is because it got carried over from 2K11 from The Jordan Challenge (The arrival).

# 100 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/28/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
I'm quite sure 2K doesn't consider the 1986 Bulls one of the best teams ever. The reason they remained in 2K12 is because it got carried over from 2K11 from The Jordan Challenge (The arrival).
Fair enough but do we need them in a 3rd straight game if they are in 2K13.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.