Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 News Post

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #2 is available now for 360 users, queue it up right here. It weighs in at 1.14 GB.

PS3 users should see it later this afternoon when the PSN Store updates.

Full details on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 demo #2 are right here.

Here are the 11 teams featured in the second demo.

Exhibition Mode
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Valencia
  • Athletic Club (Athletic Bilbao)
  • Manchester United
  • Bayern Munich
  • Juventus
Copa Libertadores
  • Santos FC
  • SC Corinthians
  • Boca Juniors
  • Chivas

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 rckabillyRaider @ 09/01/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
btw what is the best camera for console users??? I can't decided between Field Side, Vertical wide, or Wide... the only reason i like vertical wide is because it's easiest to shoot.. but I don't think i'm best playing this view in terms of passing and seeing everything. i think i'm leaning towards Field side at the moment what do you guys think?
definitely field side for me on ps3. And on PC, I use the camera mod to get it between field and wide view

# 82 aloncho11 @ 09/02/12 10:05 PM
Man, Juventus is a really fun team to play with! Such versatility of movement on offense and the midfield orchestra with Pirlo blends in perfectly. The defense is great too. As with the first demo, I'm having real fun playing defense first to create offense

# 83 dubcity @ 09/02/12 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
btw what is the best camera for console users??? I can't decided between Field Side, Vertical wide, or Wide... the only reason i like vertical wide is because it's easiest to shoot.. but I don't think i'm best playing this view in terms of passing and seeing everything. i think i'm leaning towards Field side at the moment what do you guys think?
I go with Wide. It's a nice middle ground between seeing the far and near side of the field, but also judging player position. I also recommend checking the radar often for guys just off camera. Also, make sure Tailing Camera is set to Ball.

# 84 bigeastbumrush @ 09/06/12 04:21 PM
This game is just simply a better representation of the sport.

I'm a casual gamer and there were only maybe 2-3 shots on goal in the entire whopping 10 minutes of action.

In the other game..at least 10 shots would have been taken.

Definitely takes some time to get used to the difference in controls. But wow..this is some good gaming.

# 85 demencia_total @ 09/08/12 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
This game is just simply a better representation of the sport.

I'm a casual gamer and there were only maybe 2-3 shots on goal in the entire whopping 10 minutes of action.

In the other game..at least 10 shots would have been taken.

Definitely takes some time to get used to the difference in controls. But wow..this is some good gaming.
Agree 110%. I've been all for FIFA the last 5 years or so, but after playing the demo I agree wholeheartedly. I still think that when FIFA is played all-manual with another sim minded player it can be a totally different game, but the reality is that I mostly play against the CPU. This truly feels like football, whereas FIFA feels more like a constant forward dash to score without any real tactics.

First day buy. Might give FIFA a break this year, or at the very least I won't be purchasing it at launch.

# 86 RaptorMania @ 09/08/12 11:20 AM
I use field side, but for night games the field colour looks really off, so I have switched to wide view. I so wish there was a custom camera, would have been that much better.

# 87 RoyceDa59 @ 09/08/12 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMania
I use field side, but for night games the field colour looks really off, so I have switched to wide view. I so wish there was a custom camera, would have been that much better.
Yeah PES need to improve their night game lighting, I read next year they will.

# 88 Matt10 @ 09/09/12 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Agree 110%. I've been all for FIFA the last 5 years or so, but after playing the demo I agree wholeheartedly. I still think that when FIFA is played all-manual with another sim minded player it can be a totally different game, but the reality is that I mostly play against the CPU. This truly feels like football, whereas FIFA feels more like a constant forward dash to score without any real tactics.

First day buy. Might give FIFA a break this year, or at the very least I won't be purchasing it at launch.
Dem - is it really you? Where have you been, man!? Glad you're thinking about PES this year.

You are def correct about FIFA all manual - can't beat it. Try it on broadcast cam and it's even more of a challenge.

We are very lucky in this sport, gents. September/October is looking exciting already!

# 89 demencia_total @ 09/09/12 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Dem - is it really you? Where have you been, man!? Glad you're thinking about PES this year.

You are def correct about FIFA all manual - can't beat it. Try it on broadcast cam and it's even more of a challenge.

We are very lucky in this sport, gents. September/October is looking exciting already!
Hey man, been busy but still alive. You playing on PS3 or PC? You know, if the demo is representative of the final product I'd be very happy even if you don't have the freedom that you have in FIFA. CPU teammates seem to actually WANT the ball instead of pretending like its nowhere near them. 2013 seems to have removed the "on rails" feel that plagued it for ages, and that makes me a happy camper (once you turn off most of the assist options).

The only two things that still bother me a bit are free kicks and how the dribbling moves are mapped. I don't really understand how to beat the wall in this game and special moves seem way too finicky in most cases, although I guess it prevents it from becoming a trick dribbling contest. I rarely used crazy moves in FIFA and I don't plan on starting now. Guess I'll get used to it.

# 90 Altimus @ 09/13/12 10:12 AM
There's a member on pesgaming with an early copy... some of the impressions:

Quote:
Ok, played a half. VERY encouraging, although it is basically the same as Demo 2 with a bit of tuning to smooth out the fps.

Shooting is great, if still not as good as golden-era PES it is much better than that in the FIFA 13 demo.
This is good news. This means they haven't made drastic changes like last year.

Bad news is you can't turn the boots feature off.

# 91 aloncho11 @ 09/13/12 11:45 AM
^But the boot feature has been there for some years now, and it's not a significant boost either, but rather very much like what other sport titles do.

NBA 2K is great example of this, where shoes give you specific attribute boosts of +2,+3,+5. PES is no different.

# 92 Altimus @ 09/13/12 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
^But the boot feature has been there for some years now, and it's not a significant boost either, but rather very much like what other sport titles do.

NBA 2K is great example of this, where shoes give you specific attribute boosts of +2,+3,+5. PES is no different.
In 2K I believe it was only for MyPlayer mode. But even if you can use it in association mode, the AI didn't change them whenever they chose nor did it get the added bonuses the shoes provided in MyPlayer mode. This is how it was in BAP mode last year for PES. I don't remember if the boots had any effect in ML last year.

The other problem is that where last year they were locked in for the AI, now they're not. The AI could mix and match and put Nike shoes on Messi and so forth. Brand mixing isn't a big deal but what is that a team can buy all these points and make an Andy Carroll be something he isn't and will never be like a speed demon for example.

# 93 aloncho11 @ 09/13/12 12:11 PM
I understand, but isn't that part of ML (Association) mode? For the A.I. to make players develop differently? I agree that this must be done in a realistic way, like not turning a powerful striker into a speedy winger, but as long as it's done in a realistic way it shouldn't be a problem.

I remember in PES 2012 you could develop players in certain areas and affect different sets of stats, so it could be similar with the added ease to get the points. There has been no detailed explanation on how will the feature work, hasn't it?

# 94 Altimus @ 09/13/12 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
I understand, but isn't that part of ML (Association) mode? For the A.I. to make players develop differently? I agree that this must be done in a realistic way, like not turning a powerful striker into a speedy winger, but as long as it's done in a realistic way it shouldn't be a problem.

I remember in PES 2012 you could develop players in certain areas and affect different sets of stats, so it could be similar with the added ease to get the points. There has been no detailed explanation on how will the feature work, hasn't it?
Unfortunately not. I don't want to say I dislike the feature it's just really questionable to me. I wish they provided an option to play as before with it off though.

# 95 juice2142 @ 09/13/12 01:46 PM
I am going to do a test tonight on this game. Can someone tell me which team in this demo plays the slowest, ball possession type of a game? I want to determine if there really is that much of a difference between PES AI opponents compared to FIFA AI. I've noticed the increased mid-field game in PES, but i want evidence of a ball possesion, slow build up team.

Thanks!

# 96 ezio @ 09/13/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
I am going to do a test tonight on this game. Can someone tell me which team in this demo plays the slowest, ball possession type of a game? I want to determine if there really is that much of a difference between PES AI opponents compared to FIFA AI. I've noticed the increased mid-field game in PES, but i want evidence of a ball possesion, slow build up team.

Thanks!
If you are playing demo 2 I would say try Barcelona although I am not sure how they have the tactics set up or maybe Juve.

# 97 Altimus @ 09/13/12 03:38 PM
Only Juve are the same from both demos so that's your only choice.

# 98 facehead_1 @ 09/14/12 10:48 PM
I'm a sim gamer. I play madden and nba 2k13, and always FIFA, and that's about it. I decided to give pes a try because I was told gameplay is much better.

WOW

I felt like I was watching real soccer. I couldn't believe how much better than FIFA 13 it looked in gameplay. Incredible. Hard to get used too, but I might just make the switch. Just two questions

1) what are "option" files?

2) if I want to start a career type mode with tottenham, can I do that? Will my players look and act like themselves? This I don't really understand, like the licensing stuff.

# 99 juice2142 @ 09/15/12 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by facehead_1
I'm a sim gamer. I play madden and nba 2k13, and always FIFA, and that's about it. I decided to give pes a try because I was told gameplay is much better.

WOW

I felt like I was watching real soccer. I couldn't believe how much better than FIFA 13 it looked in gameplay. Incredible. Hard to get used too, but I might just make the switch. Just two questions

1) what are "option" files?

2) if I want to start a career type mode with tottenham, can I do that? Will my players look and act like themselves? This I don't really understand, like the licensing stuff.

I am in your boat man. Going to PES this year as it just has that wow factor for sim gamers. Basically this is what i know about option files. The community creates these. You go to a site (like pesgaming.com) and ppl will have option files to download. There are instructions to put onto xbox for example. Copy from computer to usb stick. Usb stick to xbox. Then you are able to somehow copy these into your game and over write the fake teams. I've never done any of this before, but it seems really easy and gives the game endless playability IMO.

# 100 dubcity @ 09/15/12 04:49 AM
Oh man, I'm just figuring out the complete awesomeness of Perfet Touch and R2/RT dribbling. I just hope they don't go all FIFA with it when it hits retail; ie: making it too easy to control the ball and dominate possession. Up until now dribbling in PES has been a realistically imperfect art, full of those frustrating "WHY DID HE TURN LIKE THAT!!!" and "WHAT KIND OF TOUCH WAS THAT, YOU IDIOT!?!" moments on-the-ball, but I think there's a better balance that can be made, and hopefully we see it in the full version.

10 more days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.