Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

It was announced, roughly two weeks ago that NBA 2K13 would feature the Dream Team. However, it was met with a lot of disappointment because Scottie Pippen couldn't work out a deal with 2K Sports.

As announced today, that has changed. Scottie Pippen joins the Dream Team to complete the Dream Team roster for NBA 2K13.

How do you feel about that!?!?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 hoi514 @ 08/29/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
This is good Scottie's back on. I bet I know what his real problem was; it wasn't really about money for him. Scottie is still suffering from that "Jordan's shadow" syndrome that he's wanted to get out of so bad, for years. Many people perceive him as "the dude who rode Jordan's back to 6 championships and flamed out after he retired." Pip just wants people to appreciate what he brought to the table. The fan backlash, people disappointed that he wasn't in the game, showed him that he's appreciated by the people. What Pip is going to have to realize really soon is that those who do say Pip rode MJ to 6 rings and that Pip really isn't deserving of Hall entry doesn't know a damn thing about the game of basketball.
I appreciate you, Pip. You weren't just a "sidekick," you were a tag-team partner. You know it, MJ knows it, real basketball fans know it -- that's all that matters. Now lets convince Barkley to incorporate those '93 Phoenix Suns.
well said, midwestking100.
Pippen had came a long way to be a great player he once was. Jordan-Pippen is really like Stockton-Malone. You cannot mention one without another. I wish fans appreciate Scottie Pippen more. All his teammates knew it, Bulls would not been as united, as successful without Pippen in the locker room to comfort them when Jordan yelled at them. Pippen really surprised everyone and exceeded all expectation for what he was capable to lead the 93-94 Bulls team. Just one bad call from the ref. away from NBA Finals. As we all know, shxt happened in life.

# 142 Shaungbd @ 08/29/12 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoi514
Just one bad call from the ref. away from NBA Finals.
It wasn't the Eastern Conf finals, it was the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_NBA_Playoffs

# 143 Unit303 @ 08/30/12 03:17 AM
Will definitely be picking up the PC version now. Great that Scottie said yes. I buy this for the Bulls teams. Scottie is in my personal top 5. Defense is so important in championship teams.

# 144 Vinzanity @ 08/30/12 03:44 AM
I'm going to love playing 2K13. Thank you Scottie for completing the Dream Team. Can't wait to hear what the commentary will be saying when they mention Pippen and my fat man Charles Barkley in the game

# 145 hoi514 @ 08/30/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaungbd
It wasn't the Eastern Conf finals, it was the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_NBA_Playoffs
yes, that's right.

I was making the assumption that Whoever won the Knicks/Bulls series would beat Pacers. Looking back on the Bulls's roster, there weren't a bad team but need one more scorer. Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, BJ Armstrong, etc.
I was shooting guard with the weakest link.

# 146 jeebs9 @ 08/31/12 10:27 AM
I think it's awesom you can play Dream team vs this years Olypmic team. That should be endless fun!!

# 147 Wildcats302 @ 08/31/12 10:42 AM
Quote:
yes, that's right.

I was making the assumption that Whoever won the Knicks/Bulls series would beat Pacers. Looking back on the Bulls's roster, there weren't a bad team but need one more scorer. Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, BJ Armstrong, etc.
A fair assumption but not necessarily correct. The NY/Indy series did go 7 games but yeah, with the Bulls having home court, I'd say Bulls in 7 but Indiana with Reggie could have beat them, who knows for sure really.

# 148 La Verite @ 08/31/12 09:31 PM
Glad he's on. Dream Team complete.

# 149 GoGetta408 @ 08/31/12 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think it's awesom you can play Dream team vs this years Olypmic team. That should be endless fun!!
lets just hope we will be able to do that in an unranked online game with friends......

# 150 AirJordanFan93 @ 09/01/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
yes, that's right.

That 1994 Bulls team is very good. Its like that mix of guys from the 91 to 93 era and the start of the next 3peat teams. As you said all they lacked was a solid SG to fill Jordans void. Its the 1995 team that was really bad for a 90s Bulls team.

# 151 JwP23 @ 09/01/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
you really think Team USA 2012 would hit high percentage 3s as they did against Nigeria if they were to play against the Dream Team considering the amount of energy they need to spend on defense. Com' on... Nigeria did not have much defense and you really think hitting 3's would win you a basketball game on regular basis, and you really think shooting 3's is a high percentage shot?

BUT... Team USA 2012 could have a chance to beat Dream Team. It's sport and anything can happen. As good as any NBA championship team in any given year, no team would ever maintain undefeated. Any teams would lose a game at certain point. Team USA 2012 is not an expansion team. They could definitely beat Dream Team.

BUT DREAM TEAM was a better team overall and would win majority of the games/or a series against TEAM USA 2012.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.