Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Derrick Rose: Closer, Acrobat, Floor General, Shot Creator and Ankle Breaker.

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Blake Griffin: Highlight Film, Posterizer and Hustle Points.

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Michael Jordan: Shot Creator, Lockdown Defender, Acrobat, Finisher and Closer.

Signature Skills for Kevin Durant were released yesterday.

2K Sports and the NBA 2K13 developers will have an article detailing everything you need to know about Signature Skills tomorrow.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eko718 @ 09/01/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
i can deal with those rating, but i hope jordan is the only player in 2k rated 99 (i.e. Lebron), hope they dont over rate him he should be a 97 at most, when will be see lebron, wade's rating?
Lebron is probably going to be a 98 like last year.

# 102 mlp111 @ 09/01/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Best point guard in the game? Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, and Steve Nash say hello. I would even argue LeBron James does Rose's job at point forward better than Rose does at point guard.
lebron better than rose at point guard, man please, that laughable deron willams cp3 rondo nash are all great point gards, but rose is just better than those guys hands down, now they make be better passers some what, but all around rose better (with the exception deron willams shoot better, but not for long i would say)

# 103 MikeBadge @ 09/01/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
If Blake can't post up and can't make jumpers, how the hell does he score outside of dunks?
Well 46% of his points came off dunks and free throws. I would guess pick and roll as well as fast break points combined make up a solid amount of the rest.

I'm not saying he is totally inept on the block, however you can't deny he isn't amongst the elite when it comes to his post game and obviously needs to work on his jumper.

# 104 KasparV @ 09/01/12 08:34 PM
Ok, I'm a little confused. 2k has said these signature skills will transcend the ratings right? And they are also not the same as tendencies.
But if a certain signature skill makes you a better passer/a better finisher near the rim/lockdown defender, how is that different from having a higher pass rating, a higher inside or layup rating, higher on ball defense rating?
To me a lot (not all, but a lot) of these signature skills sound no more than bonus on your ratings and/or tendencies (for instance, acrobat gives you a bump in layup and inside shot and gives you a hotspot inside the paint). If a player with a certain signature skill is bound to make a certain shot at a higher percentage, that to me is a rating bump, because those primarily affect your success/failure.

Maybe I'm not getting it, if so, somebody please explain ^_^

# 105 stillfeelme @ 09/01/12 08:43 PM
Did they really call that a hustler? It looks like catching an oop? I would have put money he would have been an alley ooper.

# 106 Scramz718 @ 09/01/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718_R3loaded
so... anyone know what highlight film signature could be?

my first thought was highlight film= Posterized but now that i see posterize as another one of Blakes sigs

What could highlight film sig be?? fancy dunks you most likely will only be able to pull off on fastbreaks???

I play alot of MYPLAYER, i already have a variety of dunks & 360's i can put together for my myplayer hmmm.

anyone else have any ideas??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLN1zb-Fxz4&feature=plcp

skip to 57sec, this has to be one of the most useless ones so far

# 107 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 08:55 PM
Did he really just say Blake Griffin invented posterizing? Good God.

# 108 Goffs @ 09/01/12 08:57 PM
ugh...yeah Wtf was that? top of my head Vince dunking over Weiss and Kemp over Lister....jeez Ronnie not into history

# 109 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/01/12 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
highlight dunks are an ability? lol. dunk = 2 points
Signature skills aren't supposed to be thought of like ratings. They are to differentiate players. I think this is a great signature skill because of exactly that. It doesn't necessarily make Blake better, but it will better represent the type of player he is. There are players with high dunk abilities that don't always go for highlight reel dunks every time they attack the rim. Then there's Blake, who does try to make a highlight every time.

I think it's great. It's annoying to me in video games when players always do dunk contest type dunks in regular games, especially when in traffic. Hopefully, this sig skill will lessen that to only specific players.

# 110 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/01/12 09:19 PM
Since when does Blake do dunk contest dunks in a regular game?

# 111 Thunder Storm @ 09/01/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Did he really just say Blake Griffin invented posterizing? Good God.
I know ....

*facepalm*

I think it would be best for everyone if we all just forgot this ever happened.

# 112 stillfeelme @ 09/01/12 09:23 PM
I have to admit the highlight reel dunk sounds like well... like just style points reserved for the few. Unless you do one of these and it can silent the crowd or be like a momentum swing towards your team, then it is all for visuals.

Posterizer now that is the one I expected and this doesn't sound like it gives you a cheesy advantage.

# 113 DatGD12guage @ 09/01/12 09:26 PM
Everybody knows what blake needs to improve and he does too, who doesnt........ he's still a young top 5 power forward in the game give the man time he has more playoff experience and a long career ahead now so he'll do his thing this year but what is the argument about anyway does anybody disagree with his skills.......?

# 114 Scramz718 @ 09/01/12 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
truth is lebron is atleast better passer and has better court vision than rose. Rose is a scoring guard more suited to play SG and if he was just 4 inches taller he would be best player in league and mvp every year
I don't see how adding four inches will make Rose the best player in the league.

# 115 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/01/12 09:30 PM
I like that they're still adjusting the ratings prior to the official release. Not that everyone needs to go down, but there are a few that I've seen that could use a point or two lower overall rating. Otherwise, it seems that the current players would be rated higher than many of the classic/legends players that are obviously better than them overall (looking at you, Melo!).

Also loving the Lockdown Defender sig. As Ronnie 2k said, it's an important one. The ability to negate another players offensive signature skill is HUGE. Definitely want one of these on a team I'm playing as.

# 116 Scramz718 @ 09/01/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
lebron better than rose at point guard, man please, that laughable deron willams cp3 rondo nash are all great point gards, but rose is just better than those guys hands down, now they make be better passers some what, but all around rose better (with the exception deron willams shoot better, but not for long i would say)
Rose is more athletic and a better finisher at the rim that's about it. CP3 is a better decision maker, better leader, better passer, better defender, and a better shooter than Rose is.

# 117 Blackhail92 @ 09/01/12 09:45 PM
anyone know if melo has 5 signature skills? or what exactly they are?

# 118 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/01/12 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Rose is more athletic and a better finisher at the rim that's about it. CP3 is a better decision maker, better leader, better passer, better defender, and a better shooter than Rose is.
True story. I would add, however, that Rose is more explosive and the better scorer. Overall, it should average out that Paul is slightly better overall, maybe a 93.

# 119 Colts18 @ 09/01/12 09:54 PM
So for sure players will only be assigned 5?
I thought that better players could have more than 5 in their system but only 5 would be used in certain situations.

# 120 Colts18 @ 09/01/12 09:55 PM
Floor General, not too sure about that one to be honest. I could see why but I am on the fence. 2K did a good job with picking his 5.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.