Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here to view it on DmanUnt's Youtube channel.

Check out the new NBA 2K13 video featuring Ronnie Singh, as he shows off his very own My Player ratings and talks about what's coming up this week and next.

Big thanks to @DmanUnt2014!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sneakurs @ 09/02/12 10:06 PM
4th year into his my player and Grant Hill is STILL playing?
Dayum.

# 42 blues rocker @ 09/02/12 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I couldn't tell if Ronnie was being sarcastic or not when he said Grant Hill was a 55....I hope that's after a few years into his myplayer career.

EDIT: Just realized that's his durability LMAO.
heh...yeah, 55 seems a bit low for Grant Hill...he's getting old, but not that old.

# 43 Xuriath @ 09/02/12 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakurs
Dayum.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, he would be like 45 then right? That's an NbA record. Lmao!

# 44 Subversion @ 09/02/12 11:30 PM
Can't bear these videos for very long due to Ronnie's monotone. It's just a really uncharismatic voice which nulls one to sleep. I'd rather have someone who's good at public speaking do these videos than Ronnie. Sorry bud.

# 45 eye guy @ 09/02/12 11:38 PM
Wow, really?

How do they expect us to go deep into an Association with player models that look so different from real players? From memory 2K7 had some nice skin textures. 2K11 was nice too but 2K12 only got a single season from me because of these aliens.

I know it sounds like bitching but really, look at what The Show did? I'm still playing MLB TS10 and I never get tired of looking at the fictional players because they are similar looking to the real players. In my opinion, player realism is huge when it come to running an Assoc. And it shouldn't be limited to their stats...

I'm going to shove this point down 2K/VC's throat until they decide to update it!

I don't have as much money to spend on games these days, and I was really hoping 2K13 would get my next purchase. Unfortunately, and as I've said in another thread, i'll be getting Madden 13.

# 46 strobox88 @ 09/02/12 11:43 PM
Yeah, it doesn't really look like they upgraded the created player models. Roonie2k's MyPlayer looks exactly like one of those computer generated players from 2k12. I still hope we get more customization, though. (More body types, more skin tones, more haircuts, home/away accessories, headband color etc..)

# 47 Duwares @ 09/02/12 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
Can't bear these videos for very long due to Ronnie's monotone. It's just a really uncharismatic voice which nulls one to sleep. I'd rather have someone who's good at public speaking do these videos than Ronnie. Sorry bud.
It's very tough listening to him during the stream, someone on the chat joked about his voice sounding similar to Ray Ramano... but anyway, I'm just happy we will get more info this week about "MyCareer" & he'll reveal new features on Tuesday.

# 48 kjjnesb @ 09/03/12 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
Wow, really?

How do they expect us to go deep into an Association with player models that look so different from real players? From memory 2K7 had some nice skin textures. 2K11 was nice too but 2K12 only got a single season from me because of these aliens.

I know it sounds like bitching but really, look at what The Show did? I'm still playing MLB TS10 and I never get tired of looking at the fictional players because they are similar looking to the real players. In my opinion, player realism is huge when it come to running an Assoc. And it shouldn't be limited to their stats...

I'm going to shove this point down 2K/VC's throat until they decide to update it!

I don't have as much money to spend on games these days, and I was really hoping 2K13 would get my next purchase. Unfortunately, and as I've said in another thread, i'll be getting Madden 13.
I'm still getting it but I agree its something they should have made a priority considering that My Player/Association/Crew/absent legends and various other modes heavily use created players and they looked bad in 2k11 and got worse in 2k12.

# 49 Kese86 @ 09/03/12 12:14 AM
19 years old and 4th year in the league, with a 99 durability rating that he said was his overall rating lol "You ain't gots to lie Craig! You ain't gots to lie!"

# 50 JwP23 @ 09/03/12 12:39 AM
It doesn't really look like him.
Hope we get more options especially for cheekbone roundness and protrusion.

# 51 Matty Aqua @ 09/03/12 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
Yeh Ronnie is not engaging he says Um and Are too much like his un-sure what his talking about,I think its time for a change next season!...plus his voice is just horrible .It's like Im listening too Everybody Loves Raymond!

# 52 unknowndevil @ 09/03/12 01:09 AM
Maybe he got into college at age 14 and got draft at 15....... this is just too funny

# 53 ocat @ 09/03/12 02:30 AM
Hopefully they don't make sig skills too easy to get in My Player. Maybe make them cost around 50,000 skill points to buy them, make it so we have to EARN them!

# 54 AirJordanFan93 @ 09/03/12 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakurs
Dayum.
It was mentioned in an eariler post that his stats were from his rookie season and that they did not show them from his 4th season. I doubt Grant Hill would still be going in 2016.

# 55 shindiana @ 09/03/12 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
The CAPs REALLY need an overhaul... they've looked the same for like 4 or 5 years now. Like, they don't even start to look like one of the real players, they have a distinct look that makes them look fake.
This is why I don't even want to play MyPlayer or Association.

CAP faces look like they don't belong in the game compared to cyberfaces. Half of the haircut look fake. This need a massive overhaul.

If 2K could manage to give us the ability to create decent cyberfaces from real pictures and let us use all the haircut from real NBA players it would be start.
Oh and give us way more body types as well. I want to see lanky players with long arms for example.

# 56 BRxSKINSx @ 09/03/12 09:25 AM
When did Ronnie start his My Player career....? High school....? 4 years in and he's only 19...? Wtf... STILL excited for My Player mode though....

# 57 strobox88 @ 09/03/12 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
That was captured when his MyPlayer was 19.

He is in his 4th or 5th year in the league now - but it doesn't reflect this particular screenshot of his rating/signature skills etc.

Next week though...
This is for all of you guys too lazy to go back and read earlier in the thread where Ronnie2k's age was explained.

# 58 Vni @ 09/03/12 10:01 AM
Doesn't compute though.

# 59 achieveduser @ 09/03/12 10:01 AM
Ha! We all gonna have same face with only different skin colour and hair again.

# 60 strobox88 @ 09/03/12 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Ha! We all gonna have same face with only different skin colour and hair again.
I feel you might be right. Considering MyPlayer has become the most popular mode in NBA 2k, you'd think they'd revamp the CAP engine and give us more depth and customization. I'm gonna be truly disappointed if we only get as much customization that was in 2k12. And seeing as the CAP models so far look exactly the same, there's not much hope for it being otherwise.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.