Home
Pro Wrestling X: Uprising News Post

After more than six years in development, Pro Wrestling X is very close to making its PC debut. All the AKI-inspired wrestling game needs is enough virtual "likes" on Valve's new Steam Greenlight service, and Pro Wrestling X will finally see a public release.

With the most recent gameplay footage being over three years old, Canadian developer WishboneX Creations has put together a new promotional video to celebrate their inclusion in the Steam Greenlight promotion:

Key Features:
  • Old-school, Nintendo 64 style wrestling
  • Intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls designed for the Xbox 360 controller
  • Fight against AI or a friend in local multiplayer
  • Custom-built PC wrestling game engine. Not a port!
  • Strikes, grapples, submissions, flying attacks, weapon attacks, turnbuckle and apron moves
  • Out-of-the-ring action on concrete floors and high on balconies
  • Open and moddable art assets
For more information on Pro Wrestling X, check out the game's YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and official website.

Pro Wrestling X: Uprising screenshot gallery - Click to view Pro Wrestling X: Uprising screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Pro Wrestling X: UprisingHype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 5 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 xman2k @ 09/03/12 12:00 PM
Wish they would make a game with the WCW license done right. That 1998 era was perfect.

# 2 videlsports @ 09/03/12 02:20 PM
I want this for Xbox 360 on live. I would love this

# 3 Scruffychicken @ 09/03/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
Wish they would make a game with the WCW license done right. That 1998 era was perfect.
I'm sure people will be doing WCW mods on this. Too bad I don't have a PC setup for gaming

# 4 DaReapa @ 09/03/12 06:13 PM
Great. I still own WCW vs NWO Revenge and play it to this day. Looking forward to this.

# 5 kingsofthevalley @ 09/04/12 09:38 AM
I wish someone would do this for a football title.

# 6 The GIGGAS @ 09/04/12 01:42 PM
I love the idea of putting it on Greenlight, but I would be pretty shocked if it gets the likes it needs. With that said, I liked it, and I hope it does get them all.

# 7 idlehands @ 09/04/12 04:16 PM
Man its at 1% on Greenlight. Everyone needs to spread to word to push this game. Wrestling fan or not, this game is NEEDED.

# 8 idlehands @ 09/04/12 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Actually it's doing quite well apparently but the numbers aren't adjusted.

http://www.prowrestlingx.com/blog/wr...ewsletter-547/
Thanks for that bit of info. I just really want to see this game succeed. I have loved wrestling games since the NES days. Im not too thrilled with the current offerings right now (hence why Im still playing Fire Pro Returns instead of any WWE game) so anything new and exciting, gets a thumbs up in my book.

# 9 Goffs @ 09/06/12 11:32 AM
A pc wrestling game? wow I'm going to vote for this!

# 10 bostonchipster @ 09/06/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehands
Thanks for that bit of info. I just really want to see this game succeed. I have loved wrestling games since the NES days. Im not too thrilled with the current offerings right now (hence why Im still playing Fire Pro Returns instead of any WWE game) so anything new and exciting, gets a thumbs up in my book.
I dont know if your using an emulator, but if you can use that, or a Japanese PS2, you have to get King of Colosseum II...just an incredible game, the pacing of the matches is great

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.