Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

You can sit down with the GM and discuss all sorts of things in NBA 2K13 MyCareer mode, including roster changes, minutes, trades and more.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, Ronnie2K can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens.

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Brettles67 @ 09/04/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I wonder if it's possible to be violent with the GM. Like if I wanna be a cocky, emotional, Ron Artest like player. I wonder if I can use Kinect to say "F--- You and your team, I demand to be Traded!!!". I mean, I wonder if I can set emotion to my Player, although this isn't GTA.... Be actually cool to say stuff using Kinect after seeing that trailer...
ROFL.

Also, sweet. I like the idea of telling David Kahn he should draft more point guards, telling Mark Cuban he is a ****** and that he should give me some Avion, telling Jordan his team sucks and telling that rich Russian prick to give me more money.

# 22 illwill10 @ 09/04/12 09:50 PM
I like this.

I expect "your input" not to be taken seriously until you are considered a star.

I wonder if we can ask for a specific type of player not just player. I would like to see your players to be traded if we arent performing well.

# 23 Caveman24 @ 09/04/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I wonder if it's possible to be violent with the GM. Like if I wanna be a cocky, emotional, Ron Artest like player. I wonder if I can use Kinect to say "F--- You and your team, I demand to be Traded!!!". I mean, I wonder if I can set emotion to my Player, although this isn't GTA.... Be actually cool to say stuff using Kinect after seeing that trailer...
Latrell Sprewell is that you?

# 24 BRxSKINSx @ 09/04/12 10:24 PM
My Playeeeeeerrrrrr ..... I mean My Career ..... Can't Wait....

# 25 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/04/12 10:52 PM
I like this feature, although the things you can do here have been done in some form in past games, with the exception of discussing minutes. What would be a change would be if your roster suggestions were taken seriously. The last time you can suggest roster changes in My Player you would never get who you would ask for, and no explanations would be given. It would be great if your value to the team determined the influenced of your roster suggestions.

As for minutes, I hope you can discuss the minutes your teammates get along with your minutes. I've wanted at least some influenced over that for years. Also, it would be great to suggest stuff to your coach, like 'can we run more' or 'can we leave shooters open less'.

# 26 Eman5805 @ 09/04/12 11:22 PM
Hope you can say things like "Get a backup center already!" Maybe not with that much exclamation, but the gist is there.

# 27 Phreezy P @ 09/04/12 11:33 PM
Lol now you can actually feel guilt when demanding a trade.

# 28 kmiree16 @ 09/04/12 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko

As for minutes, I hope you can discuss the minutes your teammates get along with your minutes. I've wanted at least some influenced over that for years.
Really. It's so annoying when the star players on our teams can't even see the court for more than 34 minutes. Or we have scrubs playing minutes they shouldn't be.

# 29 bigsmallwood @ 09/04/12 11:47 PM
I like this addition and hope that it is great in execution.

# 30 thelakeshow @ 09/05/12 12:13 AM
The GM looks alot like Henry Bibby.

# 31 antixnette @ 09/05/12 12:41 AM

This looks like it's heading into the right direction.

# 32 TheManofSteel3kO @ 09/05/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Lol now you can actually feel guilt when demanding a trade.
Yeah and that's why I'll be demanding a trade to the Brooklyn Nets.

# 33 Taer @ 09/05/12 01:33 AM
A few thoughts:

1: It would be awesome if we can tell the GM: "Four point guards and a center as the rotation in the last 5 minutes of the game is NOT o.k." (Laker small ball rotation does not mean: Nash, Duhon, Blake, PlayerPG, Hill)...

2: The ability to point out that having 6 PG's on the roster and no backup SG, might be a good indication that the team should trade 2 of those pg's for a sg...

3: Explaining to the GM that it will never receive "full value" for a Nash in a trade, but that receiving even 50% value is better then a Nash at -12 attitude who starts playing offensively like he does normally on defense.

On a more serious note: I hope this opens up a "tweak" center, where we can adjust rotations, roles, and other important but micro "association" features that as NBA-players we would not actually do, but as players of 2k we need.

It would not be "realistic" to have a say over this stuff, but due to ai and code limitations it would end up allowing for a much more realistic experience in the long run imo.

# 34 Sneakurs @ 09/05/12 01:45 AM
Hopefully this means we aren't forced to play the last 8 or so minutes in a 30 point lead blowout.

# 35 Rain816 @ 09/05/12 03:06 AM
its only day 1 guys....just yall wait til friday!!!! i just hope we can change our damn jerserys this yr....i mean this is the 4th yr of my player right...cmon 2k....lol also i want be able to sime games....after u become a starter....myplayer can be a lil boring playing game after game after game

# 36 miloszowen @ 09/05/12 03:33 AM
I wonder if the association mode will have similar improvements

# 37 barimanlhs @ 09/05/12 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
A few thoughts:

1: It would be awesome if we can tell the GM: "Four point guards and a center as the rotation in the last 5 minutes of the game is NOT o.k." (Laker small ball rotation does not mean: Nash, Duhon, Blake, PlayerPG, Hill)...

2: The ability to point out that having 6 PG's on the roster and no backup SG, might be a good indication that the team should trade 2 of those pg's for a sg...

3: Explaining to the GM that it will never receive "full value" for a Nash in a trade, but that receiving even 50% value is better then a Nash at -12 attitude who starts playing offensively like he does normally on defense.

On a more serious note: I hope this opens up a "tweak" center, where we can adjust rotations, roles, and other important but micro "association" features that as NBA-players we would not actually do, but as players of 2k we need.

It would not be "realistic" to have a say over this stuff, but due to ai and code limitations it would end up allowing for a much more realistic experience in the long run imo.
Oh these would be lovely additions....I hate being a PF or C and playing SF with 2 or 3 other bigs on the floor.....And I still dont know why the team always decides to pick up people at your position like its going out of style. If you have 2 centers on the roster and draft another with a top 15 pick, there should be no reason to pick up 5 others

# 38 deetoman @ 09/05/12 07:55 AM
Thats more of an AI problem though, the free agent and trade logic just sucks!

# 39 Drewski @ 09/05/12 08:45 AM
Probably not going to sit down and tell Mitch Kupchak what to do.

Aside from that, cool addition. Looking forward to seeing more myplayer tidbits

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 40 da ThRONe @ 09/05/12 10:06 AM
This is the natural progression good companies make. I think we all wanted more of this in MP honestly I expected more of this kind of stuff last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.