Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Similar to what Madden NFL 13 implemented this year, NBA 2K13 introduces MyCareer Social Media.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Social Media. As Ronnie2K gains notoriety in MyCAREER, fans, media, and even celebrities let him know how he is performing! Ronnie’s popularity is on the rise as he makes his first trip to the playoffs.

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 miller31time @ 09/06/12 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Things like this and the custom dressing tend to get old real fast to me so this really isn't that big of a deal.
Well-said.

Not trying to be negative and pick on 2K for adding to a game mode (which is a good thing!), but while these little additions are really fun the first time you see them happen, they aren't good for sustaining interest.

I'd liken it to "Fruit Stripe" bubble gum.

Hopefully, they're giving the actual gameplay and bugs within the mode the same detailed attention they're giving the aesthetics.

And more importantly, I really hope they're not ignoring Association Mode for a 2nd straight year. 2K gamers do, in fact, play both modes. They're not mutually exclusive!

# 22 tetoleetd @ 09/06/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Things like this and the custom dressing tend to get old real fast to me so this really isn't that big of a deal.
it gets old even faster if you dont have any features like this.

# 23 lv2bll @ 09/06/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
it gets old even faster if you dont have any features like this.
will admit that this is also true

# 24 champsbasketball @ 09/06/12 03:49 PM
I like how they have us doing more stuff off the basketball court this year this is real nice add to the game, can't wait to hear more.

# 25 shindiana @ 09/06/12 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
Well-said.

Not trying to be negative and pick on 2K for adding to a game mode (which is a good thing!), but while these little additions are really fun the first time you see them happen, they aren't good for sustaining interest.

I'd liken it to "Fruit Stripe" bubble gum.

Hopefully, they're giving the actual gameplay and bugs within the mode the same detailed attention they're giving the aesthetics.

And more importantly, I really hope they're not ignoring Association Mode for a 2nd straight year. 2K gamers do, in fact, play both modes. They're not mutually exclusive!
You are 100% correct sir.

All these little addition are cool and I understand its gold for 2k marketing team, it allows them to market this game.
But lets be real, we want some core gameplay improvements and in my case I have been really frustrated with their CAP feature for the last 3-4 years.
Association and Myplayer mode really suffer from created players looking like fake wax statue

# 26 coolcras7 @ 09/06/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
Sweet but didn't they copy this from Madden?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
LMAOOOO TOOKS MADDEN'S TWITTER IDEA
You do realize that both games were in development around the same time so 2k could not have copied Madden they just had the same idea but Madden was released first.

# 27 mannyblackquiao @ 09/06/12 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
You do realize that both games were in development around the same time so 2k could not have copied Madden they just had the same idea but Madden was released first.
exactly...............

# 28 TUSS11 @ 09/06/12 04:00 PM
No lie, this is lame. It'll probably become obsolete just like the rumor mill in Association. At least I hope so. I'm not interested in retweeting a fictional fans tweets, whatever that means.

# 29 DatGD12guage @ 09/06/12 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
All part of the Jay Z role this year. I like it also its a nice upgrade the traditional 2k overlays that look like generic TV overlays.
Maybe Jay-z can get us some TNT integration since they seem to love him so much and he's worth that much. I know that he was probably one of the main reasons Charles/Chuck came to 2K and the whole TNT studios love'em, Shaq, Ernie, Kenny, they love this guy, Lets Get It Done! Maybe we should write Jay, like we did SCOTTY!

They can just add it as downloadable content.

# 30 mannyblackquiao @ 09/06/12 04:02 PM
i like this feature.... just want to see exactly how it plays into the game until i get either excited about it or down on it.....

# 31 Soho @ 09/06/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champsbasketball
I like how they have us doing more stuff off the basketball court this year this is real nice add to the game, can't wait to hear more.
How u can like more off the court things in basketball game?
How u call ppl who like those off the court screens ? Casual gamers?
I as hardcore real basketball fan , waiting more on the court news

# 32 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/06/12 04:24 PM
seeing all these additions to My Career make me wary not enough development time was spent on Assoc. and online.

2 areas I think a good %age of OS'ers feel need more attention than MP. My Self Included

But hey, a lot of people find MP is str8 boring. Perhaps knowing how much has changed with My career will spark their interest.

And pssh, what do I know about game development? not much...I do play alot however, which still doesn't qualify anything i've said...

can't wait for the insights, my concerns are jumping the gun.

# 33 thilanwij @ 09/06/12 04:32 PM
Ughhh i freakin can't wait to get the game already...every screenshot update gets me more excited for the game to drop each time I CANT TAKE IT! Less than a month left tho! It looks sick, i love the idea of this lol

# 34 Eman5805 @ 09/06/12 04:33 PM
A shame that a solid group of people won't think logically. They'll go "Tch. 2K stole this from Madden!" And that'll be that.

Anywho. I like it. Adds to the mojo. Wonder when messages and pictures start repeating?

# 35 Jakeness23 @ 09/06/12 04:35 PM
@LD2K... this looks great, and you guys may have finally started to peak my interest in MyPlayer, but what week do we start learning about association? And art? Yes... I'm one of those guys, just not as hardcore as the guys that cared so much about LeBron's headband logo...

# 36 beast10 @ 09/06/12 04:35 PM
Hahaha, this was my idea !

# 37 Saturnis @ 09/06/12 04:36 PM
Ugh more presentation. I've lost hope, hopefully we see something different & major game play wise at the end of September or there is none.

# 38 beast10 @ 09/06/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Cool feature. I'm impressed. Just waiting for that Crib announcement I hope is coming lol.
Yeah, that would be a cool feature to add with My Player commentary's but after all this is NBA 2K12 not the Sims 3

# 39 iClutch @ 09/06/12 04:44 PM
I'm going to be a total dick on Twitter, not connect with fans etc. All business.

# 40 beast10 @ 09/06/12 04:47 PM
Who cares if they stole it from Madden how would you guys like it if they took it out because "They Stole It From Madden"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.