Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Similar to what Madden NFL 13 implemented this year, NBA 2K13 introduces MyCareer Social Media.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Social Media. As Ronnie2K gains notoriety in MyCAREER, fans, media, and even celebrities let him know how he is performing! Ronnie’s popularity is on the rise as he makes his first trip to the playoffs.

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 exposedaking @ 09/06/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
I feel like association is getting ignored? am i the only one?
Maybe 2k is going the connected careers(madden) route?

Maybe myplayer and association are blended into one mode...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 62 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/12 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
Why would I connect my video game stuff with my social media where girls and close friends are viewing ? lol nah brah.
It's most probably only fake Twitter, like in Madden 13, so it won't have anything to do with your real account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
I feel like association is getting ignored? am i the only one?
Association comes later in September, right not they're focusing on My Player. Doesn't mean it's ignored.

# 63 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/12 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
LOL at all the love... Madden does it, it gets "Why do we need this?, this doesnt effect gameplay" comments... 2k does it, "Oh man great little things 2k does"

This board becomes more and more 2k fan boys by the day... oh and BTW I love the 2k series, i just like pointing out hypocracy
I don't play any other sports games other than basketball but when I saw some Madden screenshots earlier this summer I thought it was a really cool feature and I'm happy it's in 2K13.

It's probably not the same people who slammed Madden for it who are in the NBA 2K forum praising the same feature in 2K13.

# 64 VDusen04 @ 09/06/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day_26
Seriously? this is NBA 2k13, a sports game, a basketball game! Live your own life or if you wann play someones life get "The Sims"...

I can only shake my head about the things people sometimes are demanding... this is a nice feature, but at the end its absolutely useless and dosent make a bball game better at all. this **** gets old after playing your first four of five game, daz it...

show us some gameplay videos. its september 6, cmon man!
I actually thought the inclusion of The Crib in NFL 2K5 complemented the game itself very, very well. NFL 2K5 would have still been great without The Crib. But it's inclusion made 2K5 even greater. I thought it vastly enhanced the game's replayability. And with the year-by-year development of NBA 2K's My Player Mode, I think a Crib would fit in very nicely.

Anyhow, that aside, suggesting folks live their own lives in a thread discussing a basketball video game's mode where one creates a fantasy player and experiences their NBA career did not entirely add up to me.

# 65 Nathan_OS @ 09/06/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day_26
Seriously? this is NBA 2k13, a sports game, a basketball game! Live your own life or if you wann play someones life get "The Sims"...

I can only shake my head about the things people sometimes are demanding... this is a nice feature, but at the end its absolutely useless and dosent make a bball game better at all. this **** gets old after playing your first four of five game, daz it...

show us some gameplay videos. its september 6, cmon man!
Go outside man, take a walk. Its healthy bruh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 66 texasgmr @ 09/06/12 10:08 PM
Love all the changes happening within MY PLAYER mode!

# 67 Dfita @ 09/06/12 10:36 PM
Who will be the celebs tweeting? Jay Z? Ronnie2k?

I hope there are alot of different tweets so they dont get old.

# 68 Kanobi @ 09/06/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
LMAOOOO TOOKS MADDEN'S TWITTER IDEA
No, they took Twitter's Twitter idea

# 69 Taer @ 09/07/12 12:44 AM
Two thoughts:

I wonder if Maria Sharapova will be one of the celebrities .. now that she is free of Sasha and all that.

I also wonder if your teammate morale and cooperation is affected by what happens on this as well.

This can be a fun mini-game. I just hope it keeps its relevance the entire season/career and it does not turn into another "Rumors" section, where the further the season advances, the less it is useful.

# 70 mymannemcee @ 09/07/12 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton425
social media is now ruining video games...people live your own lives and quit worry about what others do. Take off the jerseys of these pro athletes too...you are 35 years old and wearing a 25 year olds jersey...what does that tell you about your confidence? Most of all what is that telling your children? Sad...
Didn't know jerseys came with an age limit. News to me.

# 71 IWWROCKS @ 09/07/12 03:28 AM
Would be my money that Bow Wow is one of the twitter celebs on it. Seeing as he's already confirmed he's in the game.

# 72 swac07 @ 09/07/12 04:15 AM
Quote:
. Take off the jerseys of these pro athletes too...you are 35 years old and wearing a 25 year olds jersey...what does that tell you about your confidence? Most of all what is that telling your children? Sad...

Quote:
Think about it u r wearing a jersey of somebody younger than you...

# 73 TalenT @ 09/07/12 12:52 PM
OSers crack me up man. Why do we act like just because they added a feature, that you obviously have no interest in, they ignored other areas of the game. You're cheating yourself if you don't give them a chance to release info about the core of the game before passing judgement that they completely omitted improving it.

# 74 Seth86 @ 12/12/12 01:18 AM
It looks good. Social media nowadays is really something. You can use it in everyway.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.