Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Pre-game rituals are in NBA 2K13. In this screenshot, it shows Ronnie2K performing a handstand.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- Pre-game rituals! Ronnie2K can choose how he wants to make his presence known before the game begins. Who needs to toss chalk when you can perform a handstand?

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 deetoman @ 09/06/12 07:48 PM
I don't see how anyone can call this gimmicky , I've been to a lot
Of NBA games and I've seen some weird stuff, this just gives your player more personality!

# 22 FlyRice @ 09/06/12 07:54 PM
Now what would be cool is if they took this a little further and allowed you to choose your own three point celebrations, like James Harden holding three fingers low to the ground or Wesley Matthews flashing the three goggles.

# 23 sportjames23 @ 09/06/12 08:11 PM
Meh, unless it has Cliff Levingston on the 92 Bulls hyping the team up in the tunnel with "What time is it? Game Time, hoo!", I ain't faded.

# 24 blues rocker @ 09/06/12 08:17 PM
i'm usually not into gimmicky stuff like this, but i actually think this addition is kind of cool...could be fun if they include some really wacky animations and dances.

# 25 cmebfresh @ 09/06/12 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecovyoudug
I'm an Association maniac so I'm hoping this same thing lol
me too .....association comes first in nba 2k to me!!!

# 26 drose_fan @ 09/06/12 08:32 PM
If y'all think backflips and cartwheels make an NBA game better something is seriously wrong smh lmao.... The gameplay and online better be 2k main focus

# 27 Goffs @ 09/06/12 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We should be able to use Kinect and create our own rituals. That'd be an announcement! Doubt it happens tho.
I don't think that's a good idea Steve......

Spoiler

# 28 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drose_fan
If y'all think backflips and cartwheels make an NBA game better something is seriously wrong smh lmao.... The gameplay and online better be 2k main focus
Kinda redundant post cause that's exactly how everyone feels. However, they haven't gotten to the gameplay aspect yet so we could just focus on this fluff we're getting in the meantime.

It's great that we can customize the overall experience of My Player. That makes it feel even more that we have control of our character and that he has a life of his own.

# 29 SouthBeach @ 09/06/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
It's no different than an NBA player in real life tossing powder, doing rim pull-ups, or banging their head against the padding on the basket before every game.

It adds personality to MyPlayer and kinda of helps immerse "us" in the mode by giving us the option of doing something maybe we would do in real life if we were in the NBA.

Besides all that, this is just one aspect of the game. It's not like Ronnie said "Handstands and pre-game rituals are making NBA 2K13 a must-buy, certainly!" It's just an option for those that want it. If it's not something you're into, just pretend it's not there. I'm sure you won't be forced to choose one.

# 30 blues rocker @ 09/06/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I don't think that's a good idea Steve......

Spoiler
this would definitely be my pre-game ritual if they offered such an animation. what can i say...i have a twisted sense of humor.

# 31 GoGetta408 @ 09/06/12 08:44 PM
These little new features are all cool and all, but I could live without em. I mean, who cares about the pre game rituals? It'll last 10 seconds at most, and won't really effect the actual gameplay.

I'm not bashing 2K or anything for adding these, but i just wish they could leave out these extra things so that they could perfect the other major flaws with the 2K series.

# 32 drose_fan @ 09/06/12 08:45 PM
I'm sorry I'm still not sold on it... They can take my player completely off the game it wouldn't bother me JUST MAKE SURE THE GAMEPLAY AND ONLINE IS GOOD... Forget a backflip lol yall wildin

# 33 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/12 08:47 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry I'm still not sold on it... They can take my player completely off the game it wouldn't bother me JUST MAKE SURE THE GAMEPLAY AND ONLINE IS GOOD... Forget a backflip lol yall wildin
Why are you posting the same thing over again?
Definetely not the same department in charge of art, gameplay and online.

These are knows thoughts, no need to express them again here.

# 34 I Djm @ 09/06/12 08:50 PM
Quote:

then stop posting in my player threads??

# 35 KSOR24 @ 09/06/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
So 2K shouldn't care about what the my player fans want, but they should only focus of online to make you happy?

# 36 drose_fan @ 09/06/12 08:55 PM
Hahaha my bad I didn't know yall was so serious about my player.... I guess that's the biggest thing in 2k these days....excuse me for caring about the gameplay how foolish of me

# 37 I Djm @ 09/06/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Hahaha my bad I didn't know yall was so serious about my player.... I guess that's the biggest thing in 2k these days....excuse me for caring about the gameplay how foolish of me

um ok? yea the insight is for my player this week? gameplay was the last couple of weeks so excuse yourself for being foolish

# 38 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
That wasn't my point. Everyone cares about gameplay, but in a thread that focuses on the fluff around gameplay you don't need to reiterate the fact that we all want gameplay to be good.

Besides; it's less than a month to release, it's not like they're suddenly gonna go - "Let's start on the gameplay bits!" That's already taken care of.

You will get My Player gameplay info leading up to release. Regarding overall gameplay; there are quite a few gameplay insights, previews, videos, etc. from people who have tried the game out there. This is the wrong thread and time to bring that up in is all I'm saying.

# 39 DaBlackProdigy @ 09/06/12 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
um ok? yea the insight is for my player this week? gameplay was the last couple of weeks so excuse yourself for being foolish
Lol you was satisfied with those videos 0_o

# 40 magicman32 @ 09/06/12 09:36 PM
I really don't understand the complaining and nitpicking. 2k is just expanding My Player, being that it's one of their most popular modes. Adding this doesn't hurt anything what so ever.

We all know will get more info on other modes within the next couple of weeks. And you can tell that they attempted to improve gameplay by looking at the Gamescon vids. Also the guys from the teamup event said that they improved in a lot of areas gameplay wise.

Really!!! What's the big deal about adding your own pre-game ritual to My Player? There really isn't a reason to complain about this at all. I personally appreciate what 2k is adding to 2k13.

Things are look good. Hopefully this game is a major improvement over 2k12. It sure looks like it is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.