Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 da ThRONe @ 09/07/12 02:42 PM
The one thing I did notice that I really like and should strongly increase the realism is the lack of suction and what that freedom does for spacing in the game.

# 162 eko718 @ 09/07/12 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
My dream is one day all sports games incorporate multiple announcing teams imagine having our current crew then add an option for the other TNT team
That would be pretty interesting and would definitely add variety. I wonder if they'd ever consider doing that....

# 163 Eman5805 @ 09/07/12 02:48 PM
It's funny that people are using the fact that Ron Artest gets shook on a move from LeBron is somehow a negative. I mean would you rather he suddenly BAMF in front of LeBron like he has the X-gene when he's clearly beaten? What's the point of going in triple threat or isomotion if the CPU can block any move at any time? I loved that play. Artest ain't gonna be able to guard him all the time even if he does have the lockdown sig skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
That would be pretty interesting and would definitely add variety. I wonder if they'd ever consider doing that....
I'd settle for the end of the commentary version of Madlibs *insert player name* has just scored *insert number* points and *insert number* *insert non-point stat* so far. But that's something pretty much every sports game has. Only way that'll end is if there's some AI type audio blending tech that smooths out the inflection differences between words to make it all seem like one big recorded sequence.

# 164 iLLosophy @ 09/07/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
It's funny that people are using the fact that Ron Artest gets shook on a move from LeBron is somehow a negative. I mean would you rather he suddenly BAMF in front of LeBron like he has the X-gene when he's clearly beaten? What's the point of going in triple threat or isomotion if the CPU can block any move at any time? I loved that play. Artest ain't gonna be able to guard him all the time even if he does have the lockdown sig skill.
Artest is still a great defender, but he can't guard fast players anymore. His lateral quickness is shot. Durant proved that dozens of times throughout last year. But for your Jared Dudley's, Gallinari's, and Luol Dengs of the world, they still are going to have a bad night when Ron Ron comes to town.

# 165 Eman5805 @ 09/07/12 03:10 PM
Also, people talking about when LeBron got behind Artest and and he reached out to block it? That was a thing of beauty. In 2K12 he would've actually stood a solid chance of blocking the shot in that situation. In this one, because he's facing the wrong friggin' way, he just sticks a hand out and hopes the ball runs into it. Doesn't even jump cuz he knows he's beat.

LOVE that. Gonna be fun getting into the paint now.

Gasol really dove t the rim on on pick and roll opportunity.

All I need is to see how manually controlling bigs off ball and how off ball movement is controlled, namely, whether you can get through the paint without being bumped into a standstill and whether you can sprint through screens or just kinda briskly jog like before?

# 166 mvb34 @ 09/07/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805

I'd settle for the end of the commentary version of Madlibs *insert player name* has just scored *insert number* points and *insert number* *insert non-point stat* so far. But that's something pretty much every sports game has. Only way that'll end is if there's some AI type audio blending tech that smooths out the inflection differences between words to make it all seem like one big recorded sequence.

Gasol stayed step for step with LeBron. Thats is bad!!

# 167 franzis @ 09/07/12 03:16 PM
Given the hype built by 2k, I'd expect that the leap from 2k12 was much more evident. I mean, it clearly looks good and there are some improvements but no any revolution or significant evolution. Most of what I saw was already in 2k12.
And the AI offense was really disappointing (just look the play at 3:30 or the missed exploitation of the mismatch Gasol/DH12 vs battier)

# 168 Eman5805 @ 09/07/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Gasol stayed step for step with LeBron. Thats is bad!!
I'm just eyeballing it, but that seemed be more about Gasol using his length to keep within arms reach. He was barely moving at one point and LeBron was still more or less in contact with him.

Looking at it now, LeBron runs to the corner, stops, does a dribble move, and Gasol runs over to cover. LeBron starts to drive around him, and Gasol, by virtue of being 7'0" LeBron has to take a good route around him since he didn't have a lot of room to create separation. He stops goes another way a step, then jacks up a shot.

# 169 RB10 @ 09/07/12 03:21 PM
Nice animation in the first 30 seconds. Following the shot.

# 170 tetoleetd @ 09/07/12 03:22 PM
looks like the cpu still dribbles around too much and chucks up bad contested shots.

# 171 whoahello @ 09/07/12 03:23 PM
I like how superstars isn't guaranteed to make every shot. Like in this video we saw Wade failing to throw down an alley-oop from LeBron because he threw it up too early. Or Kobe missing the fastbreak dunk because he went up awkardly.

# 172 kjjnesb @ 09/07/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Maybe one day I think EA's college basketball game was able to pull it off a few yrs ago and I'm shocked no one has tried revisiting the concept.

# 173 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/07/12 03:34 PM
looks alot like 2k12

# 174 swaggedout @ 09/07/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
looks alot like 2k12
Of course it does, it's the same company. You guys must think that every year the game has to be completely different. Companies don't scrap a game then rebuild it every year. They build on games trying to make it better, smoother, etc.

# 175 Vni @ 09/07/12 03:45 PM
I think people doesn't have realistic expectations out of an one year development cycle. I'am a little worried because it looks like they did a lot again, I hope the game wasn't rushed like 2K12 felt it was.

# 176 Nokstar @ 09/07/12 03:49 PM
Man I absolutely hate the overdone complaining in here...I bet the developers are reluctant to give us videos every year because you guys have a unrealistic expectation of everything...its mind boggling.

I hope they don't make changs to the game TRYING to please some of the unrealistic complainers in here...then we'll find use right back around at square one where animations literally took over the game for the sake of "not looking like their skating". From what I can tell....the changes they made this year drastically improve USER GAMEPLAY and USER CONTROL...something that was lost a loooong time ago and a lot of us was waiting for it to come back for so long I just hope it stays here's and never leave just so the game can "look" how some people want it to look. I'm ready to have a b ball game where the main focus is user control and controlling everything...that alone improve basketball strategy ten fold because we are controlling the caused and effect...the way it should be.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

# 177 swaggedout @ 09/07/12 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I think people doesn't have realistic expectations out of an one year development cycle. I'am a little worried because it looks like they did a lot again, I hope the game wasn't rushed like 2K12 felt it was.
A one year dev cycle has nothing to do with it. The other game had 2 years and look at it. That dev cycle argument has no substance. I wish people get off that train.

# 178 Vni @ 09/07/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
A one year dev cycle has nothing to do with it. The other game had 2 years and look at it. That dev cycle argument has no substance. I wish people get off that train.
I don't get your point but whatever.

# 179 swaggedout @ 09/07/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokstar
Man I absolutely hate the overdone complaining in here...I bet the developers are reluctant to give us videos every year because you guys have a unrealistic expectation of everything...its mind boggling.

I hope they don't make changs to the game TRYING to please some of the unrealistic complainers in here...then we'll find use right back around at square one where animations literally took over the game for the sake of "not looking like their skating". From what I can tell....the changes they made this year drastically improve USER GAMEPLAY and USER CONTROL...something that was lost a loooong time ago and a lot of us was waiting for it to come back for so long I just hope it stays here's and never leave just so the game can "look" how some people want it to look. I'm ready to have a b ball game where the main focus is user control and controlling everything...that alone improve basketball strategy ten fold because we are controlling the caused and effect...the way it should be.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
Agreed 10times ova

# 180 cmebfresh @ 09/07/12 03:58 PM
I really have to play it to judge it. But it sounds and look like 2k12 in many ways. But still different in many ways. I thought the crowd suck. But i loved the playoff crowd they brought last year and i hope its back. But with big games like Lakers And Heat that crowd should be going nuts. Didn't see nooo dumb animations. Some people on here need to know ITS A VIDEO GAME.
Still will definitely Buy this on midnight though. cant deal with nba 2k12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.