Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

IGN has posted their NBA 2K13 preview discussing some of the new additions to the game, including The Shoe Creator.

Quote:
Visual Concepts spent perhaps the most amount of time during my demo showing me their craziest feature yet: the Shoe Creator. Yes, they've had a basic version of this before, but the ends of the earth they've gone to on this smack of a studio that clearly has no competition to worry about and is free to pursue flights of fancy like this (again, I mean that in a nice way!). 2K13's Shoe Creator is, essentially, the virtual shoe equivalent of Forza Motorsport 4's livery system. Except in that game, you can't click a button when you're done and order the car you just designed, complete with that custom paint job.

Yes, you can build your own kicks using different materials, colors, patterns, and more. Dozens of layers (45 of them, to be exact) let you highlight every detail you like. You can then upload those to the web, where other users can rate them. Want to go a step farther? Get this: the game syncs with the NikeID website and you can actually have your virtual shoe made real and shipped to your door. Perhaps Visual Concepts will let us try out that particular feature next time...

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Goffs @ 09/07/12 08:46 AM
DUDE! THERE'S A TEN MINUTE GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE IN THERE!

# 2 BRxSKINSx @ 09/07/12 08:48 AM
OMFG! Can't effin wait...!!!!!!!

# 3 SHAKYR @ 09/07/12 08:48 AM
I like that 2K adds depth each time around, this why I love the series. Now, can we just get patterns to make the Harlem Globetrotters. Things like this helps keep me interested after a couple of months have passed. I'm a Creation Mode person by heart.

# 4 deetoman @ 09/07/12 08:57 AM
They can put detail in the shoe creator but CAP probably still sucks :/ oh well! Can't wait though!

# 5 mvp kobe @ 09/07/12 09:57 AM
Speaking of authenticity, NBA 2K13 touts a fan-requested create-a-shoe feature. Gameplay producer Rob Jones walked us through the plethora of options, from brands (Nike, Adidas, Converse, Under Armour, Spalding)

# 6 VDusen04 @ 09/07/12 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by concolt
WTF! You can order the shoes! OMG and there is Spalding! Can't wait to put some Spaldings on MyPlayer. It feels like 1992 all over again. And by 1992 I mean I had Spaldigs as a kid cause I was a butt.
Don't fret. If they were good enough for The Dream, they're good enough for us.

# 7 seanbarkley @ 09/07/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp kobe
Speaking of authenticity, NBA 2K13 touts a fan-requested create-a-shoe feature. Gameplay producer Rob Jones walked us through the plethora of options, from brands (Nike, Adidas, Converse, Under Armour, Spalding)
Where have you read that all those brands are gonna be available in the shoe creator??I'm missing something here...

# 8 VDusen04 @ 09/07/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Where have you read that all those brands are gonna be available in the shoe creator??I'm missing something here...
There's another article link in the "Total Sim Control" thread.

Edit: Here we are: http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-2k13-p...tepping-arena/

# 9 seanbarkley @ 09/07/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
There's another article link in the "Total Sim Control" thread.

Here we are: http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-2k13-p...tepping-arena/
THANX!I just hope that they let us chose 2 different shoes or at least color combinations for the same player...

# 10 TreyIM2 @ 09/07/12 10:36 AM
If they had a lesser version of this before, I paid it no mind, mainly cuz I usually wouldn't play these NBA2K games for that long thanks to crap-o-motion. That would kill my desire to get to deep into game but now that there is analog dribbling a coming, the extras seem more intriguing. I usually don't care about dress me up in sports games but this interests me

# 11 King_B_Mack @ 09/07/12 10:41 AM
I'm enjoying today's info greatly. However I have to say, that somebody on 2K's art team needs to be punched in the face or something. They have Adizero Ankle Wraps in this game and Derrick Rose isn't wearing them in any photo or video I've seen of him? I'm praying that there's a reason for that and I'm still holding out hope that they have correct accessories colors but every video that's come out says differently. Kobe still has that annoying *** white undershirt on the road in the gameplay video. I'mma need 2K to come through on this one and make this year a grand slam instead of just a home run.

# 12 Gramps91 @ 09/07/12 10:43 AM
This feature is cool. I really hope I can re-make the converse shoes I am wearing at this very moment

# 13 seanbarkley @ 09/07/12 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm enjoying today's info greatly. However I have to say, that somebody on 2K's art team needs to be punched in the face or something. They have Adizero Ankle Wraps in this game and Derrick Rose isn't wearing them in any photo or video I've seen of him? I'm praying that there's a reason for that and I'm still holding out hope that they have correct accessories colors but every video that's come out says differently. Kobe still has that annoying *** white undershirt on the road in the gameplay video. I'mma need 2K to come through on this one and make this year a grand slam instead of just a home run.
I seriously believe that all the new pictures have been censored on purpose just to surprise us with an insight or something.

# 14 RayRay34 @ 09/07/12 10:47 AM
Please please please have a better create a team feature... Do the uni's like this. Please!!!!!!!

# 15 Caveman24 @ 09/07/12 10:56 AM
Not hating but they can add all this stuff and im sure im not the only one saying this but they need to fix the CAP feature all the MyPlayers look the same just a lighter or darker version and the hairstyles are horrible they should add the Fight Night type of CAP when you can fix the weight height and everything else with the thumb sticks

# 16 King_B_Mack @ 09/07/12 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I seriously believe that all the new pictures are censored on purpose just to surprise us with an insight or something.
I hope so man. I hope so.

# 17 Jakeness23 @ 09/07/12 11:04 AM
Dear Lord... this is going to be the greatest game ever IMO, not just sports game... video game, period. These dudes put in so much work and you can see that they actually enjoy it and have fun with it and love the game as much as we do. Amazing.

Now if they could just update the CAP feature... lol

# 18 mvp kobe @ 09/07/12 11:05 AM
so is nike id still in the game ?

# 19 VDusen04 @ 09/07/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp kobe
so is nike id still in the game ?
Yes. Indeed it is.

Quote:
Plus, if you use 2K13's Nike ID integration, you can create a shoe in-game, send the blueprint to the Nike ID website, and order real-life shoes that both you and your custom avatar can wear.

# 20 aloncho11 @ 09/07/12 11:22 AM
If these bad boys from '92 are not in by default, they are going to be my first creation:

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.