Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

IGN has posted their NBA 2K13 preview discussing some of the new additions to the game, including The Shoe Creator.

Quote:
Visual Concepts spent perhaps the most amount of time during my demo showing me their craziest feature yet: the Shoe Creator. Yes, they've had a basic version of this before, but the ends of the earth they've gone to on this smack of a studio that clearly has no competition to worry about and is free to pursue flights of fancy like this (again, I mean that in a nice way!). 2K13's Shoe Creator is, essentially, the virtual shoe equivalent of Forza Motorsport 4's livery system. Except in that game, you can't click a button when you're done and order the car you just designed, complete with that custom paint job.

Yes, you can build your own kicks using different materials, colors, patterns, and more. Dozens of layers (45 of them, to be exact) let you highlight every detail you like. You can then upload those to the web, where other users can rate them. Want to go a step farther? Get this: the game syncs with the NikeID website and you can actually have your virtual shoe made real and shipped to your door. Perhaps Visual Concepts will let us try out that particular feature next time...

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 youvalss @ 09/07/12 07:25 PM
Nice, 2K13 seems to be the complete package when it comes to gameplay/modes/features. Looking forward to trying and "feeling" the gameplay.

# 42 Tengo Juego @ 09/07/12 07:37 PM
I didn't catch if you'd be able to put your creations up on 2Kshare. Because I'll be terrible at (re)creating shoes, but I know there will be good stuff made out there, and I want to be able to download them.

# 43 seanbarkley @ 09/07/12 08:01 PM
It'd be a good idea if, in addition the the different colors available for each layer, they gave us the base, team1 and team 2 color option too.

# 44 ChrisHansen59 @ 09/07/12 08:13 PM
Take all of my money.

# 45 mymannemcee @ 09/07/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
OMG!!! 2K ACTUALLY HAS AN IDEA I HAD, SWEET!!!! Can't wait for like the shoe guys like me posting up like the entire Answer Line or Barkleys shoes or whatever, soo gonna make customization better!!!
I really hope they give us enough material to make the old school kicks. The Dream Team needs an ENTIRE overhaul.

And Jordan needs his ACTUAL Olympic shoes he wore in Barcelona, not that other weird color! Can't wait to edit it!

# 46 MarvinOida @ 09/07/12 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
I really hope they give us enough material to make the old school kicks. The Dream Team needs an ENTIRE overhaul.

And Jordan needs his ACTUAL Olympic shoes he wore in Barcelona, not that other weird color! Can't wait to edit it!
Yeah, I would love to recreate my Hare Jordan's. But I still hope we will have Home/Away versions for 2K Shoe instead of one.

# 47 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/07/12 08:35 PM
I hope we get to customize what type of sole and cushioning we want. For basketball, I've always wanted a shoe with a Free sole with forefoot zoom air and a Fitsole footbed that they have in running shoes. If we could customize shoes with performance features like that, then getting it in real life...mind boggling.

# 48 Phreezy P @ 09/07/12 10:45 PM
When I heard about this...

Actually more like this.

# 49 Canquain @ 09/07/12 11:03 PM
Yes! Now i can make some Foamposites!

# 50 skinnybonez @ 09/07/12 11:15 PM
so... who here is going to create OG AJs 1-13? because we know 2k versions are...

# 51 Phreezy P @ 09/07/12 11:21 PM
Wait, I just thought, 2k should make a contest and whoever made the best shoe get's a pair of the kicks for free! That'd be awesome.

# 52 ultima86 @ 09/08/12 12:47 AM
*LeBron voice* ABOUT DAMN TIME

# 53 sportjames23 @ 09/08/12 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
If these bad boys from '92 are not in by default, they are going to be my first creation:

Damn, son, you taking me back in the day.

# 54 k1lo5 @ 09/08/12 07:13 AM
syncs with Nike ID, wow. I've a pair of 2k4 Hurarache kicks already. Might have to make another pair of something else...

Awesome

# 55 richie923 @ 09/08/12 11:00 AM
I wonder if you download these shoes (if you can) that others upload if you can change the colors in the layers or if you have to download them as is and can't change. It'd be nice if people who are good with creation stuff like that upload common shoes that are missing with neutral colors and then we can go in and edit the colors.

# 56 k1lo5 @ 09/08/12 07:19 PM
I remember rocking a pair of deez!! Converse Voltage. Hookin them up too!

# 57 SHAKYR @ 09/08/12 07:42 PM
this is how it's going down when I get my hands on the Sneaker Creator.

*Someone should start a thread for sneakers they are going to make or create similar to a sneaker they are going to make.

# 58 DetailsMakeTheGame @ 09/09/12 09:24 PM
Thanks 2k! Now can you correct the player models/faces/Jerseys and re do the create a team feature because its very very outdated

# 59 CHIEFxxROCKEM @ 09/10/12 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
so... who here is going to create OG AJs 1-13? because we know 2k versions are...
I have no choice

# 60 JuGod72 @ 09/11/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
They can put detail in the shoe creator but CAP probably still sucks :/ oh well! Can't wait though!
Amen, it's like they put no effort in making our CAP's look like they belong and it's been like this since dreamcast SMH

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.