Home
NHL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket allows people to play Madden NFL, NHL®, FIFA Soccer®, Tiger Woods PGA Tour®, and NCAA Football® titles before launch.

The $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft® Points / 12 months* subscription includes, access to over $100 worth of PDLC, three day early access to all participating franchises, and 20% off additional PDLC in all participating franchises.

Please post your NHL 13 impressions here. NHL 13 Q&A is here.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cor99 @ 09/07/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
It depends on the download speed of your internet. speedtest.net to check yours
2.68.... after about 15 minutes it's at 10% percent...

Will it get quicker after like the 50% mark?

# 22 joshtree14 @ 09/07/12 07:45 PM
No more stuttering with custom cam. No more fram rate dips during play with custom cam

# 23 russwg1970 @ 09/07/12 08:00 PM
The thing I'm interested in is if there is a full on "coach" mode as advertised in the CC's, and how the mode plays. I understand most aren't interested in this mode, and more care about the overall gameplay. But if anyone tried or tries this, mode I'd be MOST interested in how it went.

# 24 Cor99 @ 09/07/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
That was your download speed? I download at 20/mb and it took 2 hours, but I am on PS3 so I don't download as fast as Xbox does. It's over 7gb and with 2.68 that might take awhile, but not sure as I use PS3.
IDK... now it's at 4 for download speed.

hopefully it will be done at like 9... only 20% after about 30 mins isn't good though haha

# 25 Cor99 @ 09/07/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwg1970
The thing I'm interested in is if there is a full on "coach" mode as advertised in the CC's, and how the mode plays. I understand most aren't interested in this mode, and more care about the overall gameplay. But if anyone tried or tries this, mode I'd be MOST interested in how it went.
Coach mode? You can "coach" in GM Connected, but that's just changing lines and strategies.... you're pretty much just watching the computer play

# 26 Halara @ 09/07/12 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99
Coach mode? You can "coach" in GM Connected, but that's just changing lines and strategies.... you're pretty much just watching the computer play
I think that's what he's looking for. I'm psyched to play on coach mode should be playing in about an hour or so. I'll keep you updated. Damn shame they removed it from Madden.

# 27 Money99 @ 09/07/12 08:11 PM
Posting this here too because I don't see any actual gameplay impressions in the Q&A thread:

Can anyone comment on actual gameplay? How is the AI?
Can you tell differences between teams?
Do you notice a difference between players on the CPU's team? Will Crosby look different than Perry?
Is the CPU 'berzerker' mode still in the game?
Are your CPU teammates still super passive like in NHL 09, 10, 11, 12 and the 13 demo?
Are your teammates dumb? Will they try to get open for passes or do they still stand still so they're easily defended against?

Thanks.

# 28 bad_philanthropy @ 09/07/12 08:24 PM
Interesting thing to note is that the "Attribute Effects" slider is tuned to 5 by default on SS/Hardcore.

# 29 Nomah5 @ 09/07/12 08:33 PM
Game is much slower and smoother than the demo on play now. I always played online last year so maybe the play now is normally slower but new for me.

Hits are more earned I felt and the skating is way smoother than the demo.

Is it a rule in the NHL that you cant replace a goalie mid period? I wanted to pull Luongo ( surprise) and didnt have the option of substituting Cory Schneider until period end. I even tried calling a time out.

LOVE the game. I'm thrilled.

# 30 bad_philanthropy @ 09/07/12 08:43 PM
Game feels tighter overall than the demo and seems to animate better.

Some observations after one game Habs vs Leafs (me).

-The visual polish makes the game pop. Best looking hockey game yet.

-Default game speed seems faster than in the demo. Might have to be tuned down a notch.

-Didn't feel that threatened by the cpu on offense. Going to have to get a better sample size against a more potent offensive team though. I will say that I won 2-0, and that is the first game shutout in NHL I have ever had.

-Still some overly passive play by cpu teammate AI at time, but on the flip side they seem to be more aggressive in front of the net, and do sometimes make a good effort to find space without the puck.

-Did notice the cpu players playing more according to their physical and mental characteristics. The cpu controlled OFD's are definitely harder to track down and will make a few more deft moves to get out of trouble. Had Erik Cole try to drive the net on me about three times, which seemed to cause chaos in front of the net each time.

-Tim Connoly, and just Tim Connoly has some weird visual glitch associated with his player model during gameplay. It looks like a fly is buzzing around him. It's very minor, but I decided to mention it because it's weird.

# 31 XtremeDunkz @ 09/07/12 08:44 PM
ive been stuck at 99% for over 15 minutes. am i screwed?

# 32 Tmlhockey1967 @ 09/07/12 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
ive been stuck at 99% for over 15 minutes. am i screwed?
Since You're on xbox, could that be the actual installation of the game? Probably is.

Ps3 its two different processes. installation of a 7gb game could take a bit longer, 10 mins for me. Being that it's the last thing to be done and you're at 99% makes sense.

# 33 AC @ 09/07/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
-Tim Connoly, and just Tim Connoly has some weird visual glitch associated with his player model during gameplay. It looks like a fly is buzzing around him. It's very minor, but I decided to mention it because it's weird.
It's probably because Connolly stinks on the ice, too.

# 34 adayinthelife @ 09/07/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Game feels tighter overall than the demo and seems to animate better.

Some observations after one game Habs vs Leafs (me).

-The visual polish makes the game pop. Best looking hockey game yet.

-Default game speed seems faster than in the demo. Might have to be tuned down a notch.

-Didn't feel that threatened by the cpu on offense. Going to have to get a better sample size against a more potent offensive team though. I will say that I won 2-0, and that is the first game shutout in NHL I have ever had.

-Still some overly passive play by cpu teammate AI at time, but on the flip side they seem to be more aggressive in front of the net, and do sometimes make a good effort to find space without the puck.

-Did notice the cpu players playing more according to their physical and mental characteristics. The cpu controlled OFD's are definitely harder to track down and will make a few more deft moves to get out of trouble. Had Erik Cole try to drive the net on me about three times, which seemed to cause chaos in front of the net each time.

I've been noticing player types potentially having more bearing on how each player plays as well. Something to pay attention to the next couple days.

Also, that's about accurate for Connoly. You know how it is with flies being attracted to ****.

# 35 bad_philanthropy @ 09/07/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
I've been noticing player types potentially having more bearing on how each player plays as well. Something to pay attention to the next couple days.

Also, that's about accurate for Connoly. You know how it is with flies being attracted to ****.
Actually I've seen it on a few more players now. It kind of looks like a smaller, glitchy version of the player indicator arrow. It just sort of follows the player around a few feet in front of them. Really weird.

# 36 dafilthymofo @ 09/07/12 08:52 PM
I love GM connected so far. It is the NHL answer to Maddens connected careers. The gameplay is silky smooth. I only played one game of GM connected so far but I am happy with this game. It was a good competitive game and I look forward to playing this mode a lot.

# 37 Panicshade @ 09/07/12 08:57 PM
Man am I terrible...lol

I am playing on Pro with normal sliders and it's just like the demo for me...

It seems like the only person who tries to ever go after the puck on my team is me as the others just let whoever has it skate around all they want. They can just breathe on whoever has the puck for me and it's an automatic turnover yet I can probably hit them with the zamboni and they keep it about 90% of the time.

Also I hardly have 1 second to breathe since it seems like the CPU always has the most extreme forecheck on at all times. And I am convinced the goalie for the other side is an android sent from the future to stop all my shots...and find John Connor

I know most of this is just simple frustration with trying to learn a new series and can be somewhat adjusted with the sliders but sheesh....agitating

# 38 Nomah5 @ 09/07/12 08:58 PM
Have any of you played online yet? I just destroyed some guy 8-0. I scored at will as the nucks v the wild. I hope its not that easy to score normally but that was only one game.

# 39 Gosens6 @ 09/07/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
Have any of you played online yet? I just destroyed some guy 8-0. I scored at will as the nucks v the wild. I hope its not that easy to score normally but that was only one game.
Just played a guy from OS, his user is Theebananaclip ... I won 3-2 with the Sabres in a shootout, he was the Bruins. A pretty good back and forth game.

For those of you who like to play the GM modes, the simulation times are BRUTAL! It takes absolutely forever to even sim just a couple days.

# 40 russwg1970 @ 09/07/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halara
I think that's what he's looking for. I'm psyched to play on coach mode should be playing in about an hour or so. I'll keep you updated. Damn shame they removed it from Madden.
Exactly! I'll be looking for your impressions then. I mean I'm sure I'll play some games by controlling the players, but I'm untimely interested in the "coach" mode.

The only reason I bought Madden 13 is because it was advertised that it would have a coach mode, and feature online leagues with the option of being "coach" mode only... and of course it does't have it.

So, I'm really interested if it actually is in the NHL game (and the mode works ok) before I get it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.