Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The Madden NFL 13 rosters for week 1 are available now for download. Just a reminder, these are Play Now (offline/online) rosters. The updated rosters for Connected Careers arrive early next week.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CubFan23 @ 09/08/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Cant wait to download this update... OH wait.... I CANT because i dont have xbox live Gold.
What a freaking joke Microsoft.
If you update through the game you still have to have gold? I thought you need the gold for DLC stuff and early demos.

# 22 primrtime @ 09/08/12 01:37 PM
EA fails big time with this roster update. Apparently contracts aren't updated at all. I doubt they would get restructured deals updated for ccm as its not updated for the play now roster. Contracts are just as important as any other part of a roster update an EA failed miserably in this area. Example: The Rams restructured Jason Smith's contract before trading him to the Jets. He's suppose to only have a 1 year 2.45 mil fully guaranteed contract in 2012. Instead, he is still on his rookie deal in which he's making 4.13 mil with a 4 mil bonus equaling 8.13m against the Jets cap on Madden. This is unacceptable.

# 23 Pandetta @ 09/08/12 01:47 PM
You do not need gold.

They stopped requiring gold towards the beginning of last season - it only lasted about a month.

Xbox gold is only a requirement to play online, silver is enough for all updates (and has been for all but a month of Madden).

# 24 soonermagic88 @ 09/08/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
Why even get an Xbox if you aren't willing to pay for gold??? What did you expect?
Maybe not all of us like to play online....

# 25 juggalotusx @ 09/08/12 02:39 PM
I noticed on the 49ers they have the practice squad players on there still but missing 3 of them, wonder why they are on there in the first place? I mean if youre gonna have the PS players have them all.

# 26 babyfat9 @ 09/08/12 03:06 PM
Anyone know if they patched MJD's skinny thighs in the game back to his Madden 12 sized thighs?

# 27 Greencollarbaseball @ 09/08/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I noticed on the 49ers they have the practice squad players on there still but missing 3 of them, wonder why they are on there in the first place? I mean if youre gonna have the PS players have them all.
What do you mean, they only have 8 players on the field against you?

The PS players are just randoms not real players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 28 juggalotusx @ 09/08/12 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
What do you mean, they only have 8 players on the field against you?

The PS players are just randoms not real players.

Are you serious right now, check your teams roster on there official website cause thats what I did. I know who is on my team and who is on the practice squad.There not random players.

# 29 AndrewGW88 @ 09/08/12 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrtime
EA fails big time with this roster update. Apparently contracts aren't updated at all. I doubt they would get restructured deals updated for ccm as its not updated for the play now roster. Contracts are just as important as any other part of a roster update an EA failed miserably in this area. Example: The Rams restructured Jason Smith's contract before trading him to the Jets. He's suppose to only have a 1 year 2.45 mil fully guaranteed contract in 2012. Instead, he is still on his rookie deal in which he's making 4.13 mil with a 4 mil bonus equaling 8.13m against the Jets cap on Madden. This is unacceptable.
You can't use this roster for CCM. It's only for play now and online. So the roster update coming soon hopefully will have contracts and all trades and draft picks correct. I feel like that is why they separated them so that they could update those kind of things.

# 30 Greencollarbaseball @ 09/08/12 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Are you serious right now, check your teams roster on there official website cause thats what I did. I know who is on my team and who is on the practice squad.There not random players.
So what you are telling me is that EA knew who was going to be on the practice squad, before the actual team did, because they couldnt sign a player to the practice squad until September 1st. The rosters that we are playing were out before September 1st.

# 31 Bearsfan1 @ 09/08/12 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure I've always been able to get the roster downloads with just a silver account. I don't have Gold and just downloaded the roster update.

# 32 sonnyleesmith @ 09/08/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
So we're supposed to feel bad? If they're scrapping up money to buy a video game then they are living outside of their means and their priorities are way out of whack. That is not EA's problem. Sounds like the responsibilities you talked about should be placed above Madden 13 if $60 is so hard to come by.

"Over privileged..." LOL. Most people here most likely work for a living. Being able to spend a couple hundred bucks a year on games and online access is not "over privileged." You need to get over yourself with that comment.

People should realize that times change... This is the direction of gaming. If you don't like it, that's fine. Be a wise consumer and don't put money in the pockets of the people who are doing this.
Ugh. I'm speaking out against the thought that not having gold because you have an Xbox is stupid. This thought comes from an attitude of being over privileged. Not saying that only the over privileged have it. I understand the limitations that come with having silver, and fine but that doesn't make us second class gamers. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. But understand where I'm coming from, is all I'm asking.

# 33 hhpanther2926 @ 09/08/12 09:18 PM
Hey guys, I am a original Panther's Fan since 95 an I must say I like the new changes in Madden so far. What sucks is that even though EA issued an update you cannot use it in CCM ? Whack, lol still it was fun to play with my team in Play Now mode until I saw that EA screwed up the best part of the Panther's defense the starting LB core. Luke Kuechly an T. Davis are the LOLB's and not the ROLB's lol. The update has them reversed an has J. Anderson an J. Senn playing the LOLB spots. An honest mistake but still as terrible as EA has been so far this season it cannot be excused. I mean you shell out sixty four dollars or so for a game plus internet cost to get the update an they make more mistakes then corrections not only with my favorite team but with others on the game as well. I wish 2K could get back into the NFL game market an could see EA an 2K compete in making the best NFL game available I truly miss those years of buying two NFL games that was great hopefully one day we can see that again. Go Panthers !!!

# 34 Gman 18 @ 09/08/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
So what you are telling me is that EA knew who was going to be on the practice squad, before the actual team did, because they couldnt sign a player to the practice squad until September 1st. The rosters that we are playing were out before September 1st.

The new update came out yesterday.

# 35 Greencollarbaseball @ 09/08/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyleesmith
Ugh. I'm speaking out against the thought that not having gold because you have an Xbox is stupid. This thought comes from an attitude of being over privileged. Not saying that only the over privileged have it. I understand the limitations that come with having silver, and fine but that doesn't make us second class gamers. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. But understand where I'm coming from, is all I'm asking.
I can understand were you are coming from if, not having Live Gold was your choice. EA didn't have DLC when I first started playing Madden in '89. Hell we didn't even Internet till '93 and even then it was because of those free 1 month AOL cards.

The problem is people think that they should get everything for free, I am glad that EA gives the roster updates free, because they have every right to charge for them. Now, that being said if they ever decided that it was in their best financial interest to start charging for them I would be playing with the rosters that shipped with the game. Would I be mad about it, probably, but I wouldn't get on the Internet whine(not directed at you) about it. Maybe it was the way I was raised but, I don't feel that anyone owes me anything free.

I hope you can now understand where my feelings are on this and why I said what I said. Thank you.

# 36 Greencollarbaseball @ 09/08/12 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
The new update came out yesterday.
Not for CCM.

# 37 sonnyleesmith @ 09/08/12 10:51 PM
Quote:
I can understand were you are coming from if, not having Live Gold was your choice. EA didn't have DLC when I first started playing Madden in '89. Hell we didn't even Internet till '93 and even then it was because of those free 1 month AOL cards.

The problem is people think that they should get everything for free, I am glad that EA gives the roster updates free, because they have every right to charge for them. Now, that being said if they ever decided that it was in their best financial interest to start charging for them I would be playing with the rosters that shipped with the game. Would I be mad about it, probably, but I wouldn't get on the Internet whine(not directed at you) about it. Maybe it was the way I was raised but, I don't feel that anyone owes me anything free.

I hope you can now understand where my feelings are on this and why I said what I said. Thank you.
I understand where you're coming from and I'm not one of those people who want all the stuff for free, but the attitude that because you have and Xbox you have to get gold because then there's no point to having the Xbox otherwise is just silly.

Thanks for the dialogue. Have fun and cheers!

# 38 Greencollarbaseball @ 09/08/12 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyleesmith
Edit: deleted the unneeded parts

Thanks for the dialogue. Have fun and cheers!
You too buddy,

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.