Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

As always, Shady uses the NBA 2K12 Ultimate Base roster, for PC ONLY..

You can pick up the PC version of NBA 2K12 for $19.99, at Amazon.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/11/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamangatang2k5
Awesome video by Shady. But listening to Mark Jackson nearly ruins it for me.

At the time of that statement, Mark Jackson had no reason to think Kobe would be greater than Jordan, but he still said it.

This argument is pointless, it's clear that Jordan is far and above Kobe. Anyone could make this same exact video comparing Jordan to Vince Carter, Stackhouse, T-Mac, JR Rider, Harold Miner, and even Lebron James. So I don't understand why Kobe's fans get so excited and say/write crazy stuff. Sure he mimicked MJs moves, but that doesn't means he's as good as him or even close. So did all the other NBA players who were athletic and close to that size.
LOLWUT? Of course a video could be made comparing MJ to Tracy McGrady. How does that make the Kobe comparison invalid? Truisms FTL. One guy has five championships, the other zero.

Seems like most people here have bought into the God status that the media has given to
Jordan. I'm not even arguing that he's better, I'm simply stating that there is absolutely a comparison to be made. And get this, his career isn't over yet.

# 62 lostsoul @ 09/11/12 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTsFaN719
LOLWUT? Of course a video could be made comparing MJ to Tracy McGrady. How does that make the Kobe comparison invalid? Truisms FTL. One guy has five championships, the other zero.

Seems like most people here have bought into the God status that the media has given to
Jordan. I'm not even arguing that he's better, I'm simply stating that there is absolutely a comparison to be made. And get this, his career isn't over yet.
well of course there is a comparison to be made.

http://blitzsportsnetwork.com/2012/0...mparison-2012/

it's not even close...

# 63 ggsimmonds @ 09/11/12 04:23 PM
hey you guys arguing over MJ/Kobe. I get that you are trying to show off your amazing basketball knowledge but maybe you should should off your amazing reading comprehension and stop debating like the mod asked.

The thread is about the video, which was awesome btw. Can't wait to see what you can do with nba 2k13

# 64 fluent2332 @ 09/11/12 04:37 PM
The video is cool, but my god, the gameplay looked bad. It was just ISOs on one side of the court with nothing else happening at all. Half the time when the shot was taken there weren't even any big men in or near the paint. I understand Kobe and Jordan ISO'd, but 8 other guys on the court didn't just stand and watch. It just looked bad.

2K is truly a game of ISO basketball. That's really the thing that 2K is best at. It's all about the ISO.

# 65 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/11/12 06:07 PM
LOL are you guys seriously using a bruce blitz comparison as your proof that Jordan was better? That guy has actually argued that Jordan had a higher scoring game than Kobe's 81 by counting his assists as points. Seriously. His entire life has been devoted to hating on Kobe Bryant.

But like ggsimmonds said, this thread is about the video so I'm no longer going to respond to the debate. But to say things like "there's no comparison" and "its not even close" is pretty damn ignorant. Its closer than you think. I think folks should spend less time putting the guy down and appreciate the fact that he's the last of a dying breed in the NBA...

# 66 youvalss @ 09/11/12 07:15 PM
Someone, please edit the title and delete "NBA 2K12 Video".

# 67 tetoleetd @ 09/11/12 07:30 PM
this video is so boring. 2 minutes of fade away/turnaround jumpers....really? you couldnt mix in some other stuff?

# 68 lostsoul @ 09/11/12 08:14 PM
nice vid - nice editing job, but like tetoleetd said, you could have showed us more of a variation of shots.

Quote:
LOL are you guys seriously using a bruce blitz comparison as your proof that Jordan was better? That guy has actually argued that Jordan had a higher scoring game than Kobe's 81 by counting his assists as points. Seriously. His entire life has been devoted to hating on Kobe Bryant.

But like ggsimmonds said, this thread is about the video so I'm no longer going to respond to the debate. But to say things like "there's no comparison" and "its not even close" is pretty damn ignorant. Its closer than you think. I think folks should spend less time putting the guy down and appreciate the fact that he's the last of a dying breed in the NBA...
oh i love watching kobe even though i don't like the lakers. he's great - he can be a thrill to watch and can mirror mj quite well; i'm not being sarcastic.

actually it was rebounds, not assists - mj had i think 19 rebounds and 69 points... against a half decent defense with a tougher era of rules, mind you. 19 rebounds is big mayne, especially against hot rod williams and brad daugherty (if you even know who those guys were...). bruce blitz may be rationalizing, but it's not like he MADE those stats - a list like that does not lie.

i didn't realize the mod asked people to stop comparing the two, but i mean come on do you really expect that to not happen in a thread with a title like this?

# 69 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/11/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
nice vid - nice editing job, but like tetoleetd said, you could have showed us more of a variation of shots.

oh i love watching kobe even though i don't like the lakers. he's great - he can be a thrill to watch and can mirror mj quite well; i'm not being sarcastic.

actually it was rebounds, not assists - mj had i think 19 rebounds and 69 points... against a half decent defense with a tougher era of rules, mind you. 19 rebounds is big mayne, especially against hot rod williams and brad daugherty (if you even know who those guys were...). bruce blitz may be rationalizing, but it's not like he MADE those stats - a list like that does not lie.

i didn't realize the mod asked people to stop comparing the two, but i mean come on do you really expect that to not happen in a thread with a title like this?
Not sure what point you're trying to make here, but the guy was arguing that MJ's 69 point performance was a greater scoring performance than Kobe's 81 performance. At face value, it's absurd, for obvious reasons. His opinion is totally skewed, so using his "comparisons" are totally useless.

But thank you for the condescending remark, "if you know who those guys are", LOL.

# 70 Thunder Storm @ 09/11/12 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
There will always be more selfish chuckers to replace Kobe when he retires. Don't you worry!
BruceBlitz tho ? you know as soon as you cite his work you are exposed as a Kobe *****, right ?

edit : the word hate-er is banned ? wtf ?

# 71 jsg @ 09/11/12 11:20 PM
this is one of the worst threads i've ever seen here

great video though

# 72 lostsoul @ 09/12/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Not sure what point you're trying to make here, but the guy was arguing that MJ's 69 point performance was a greater scoring performance than Kobe's 81 performance. At face value, it's absurd, for obvious reasons. His opinion is totally skewed, so using his "comparisons" are totally useless.

But thank you for the condescending remark, "if you know who those guys are", LOL.
i see what you meant - i read that wrong. i didn't mean to be condescending or patronizing man, i don't know how old you are so i just threw that out there... didn't mean to come off as a jackass.

trust me - there's lots of bball fans out there who don't know those two names.

"his opinion is skewed, so his comparisons are totrally useless"

don't be ridiculous - that article is based on facts. he does chime in here and there, yeah... but take that away and the numbers don't lie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
BruceBlitz tho ? you know as soon as you cite his work you are exposed as a Kobe *****, right ?
screw bruce blitz for all i care - the numbers are there.

# 73 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/12/12 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
i see what you meant - i read that wrong. i didn't mean to be condescending or patronizing man, i don't know how old you are so i just threw that out there... didn't mean to come off as a jackass.

trust me - there's lots of bball fans out there who don't know those two names.

"his opinion is skewed, so his comparisons are totrally useless"

don't be ridiculous - that article is based on facts. he does chime in here and there, yeah... but take that away and the numbers don't lie...

screw bruce blitz for all i care - the numbers are there.
It's not all about numbers though. If it were, wouldn't Wilt be the unquestioned GOAT? To be honest, I don't think you can compare two players from two different eras. Different teams, different rules, different players.

But anyway, that video is awesome, and I cannot wait for some 2K13.

# 74 ojandpizza @ 09/12/12 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie
More clutch than MJ??

Has anyone ever taken into account Kobe's performances is elimination games?? He has flamed out of the playoffs in ways that I've never seen another all-time great has. Example...

1997 WCSF game 5 loss to the Jazz – Infamous 4 airballs in the final minutes and OT game. He's was a rookie, he deserves a break. But, as a rookie Kobe was airballing, MJ was dropping 63 one one of the team's of the decade. Just saying.

2004 NBA Finals game 5 loss to Detroit – Eventually lost by 13 thanks to garbage minutes. Lakers were down 27pts in the 4th

2006 WCQF game 7 loss to Suns – Lakers blew 3-1 series lead. Lakers lose by 31pts. Kobe only shoots 3 times in the 2nd half. He quits on his team.

2007 WCQF game 5 loss to Suns – Down by as much as 16 in the 4th Lakers lose by 11

2008 NBA Finals game 6 loss to Boston – Lakers lose by 39pts. (side note: Lakers blew a 25pt lead in game 4 which could have tied the series 2-2)

2011 WCSF game 4 swept by Dallas – Lakers lose by 36pts.

2012 WCSF game 5 loss to OKC – Lakers lose by 16pts

With a resume like that you can’t say Kobe is more clutch than MJ when he has repeatedly let his team get embarrassed when they need him the most; in a blowout losses with the season on the line.
MJ didn't score 63 as a rookie... Second season

# 75 DBMcGee3 @ 09/13/12 04:49 PM
Stupid argument. Just look at their career numbers and accolades, it isn't really even close. Kobe has already LOST the Finals TWICE, and would have lost 3 if the refs didn't F Boston in the A the 2nd half of that game 7. And as someone mentioned earlier, Jordan NEVER disappeared in an elimination game like Kobe has on several occasions. If MJ wasn't scoring well, he was controlling the game defensively and strategically with his insane bball IQ. Sorry Kobe, great player, but not the GOAT.

# 76 Jaynubz @ 09/13/12 05:28 PM
Great movie as always man!!

# 77 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/13/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Stupid argument. Just look at their career numbers and accolades, it isn't really even close. Kobe has already LOST the Finals TWICE, and would have lost 3 if the refs didn't F Boston in the A the 2nd half of that game 7. And as someone mentioned earlier, Jordan NEVER disappeared in an elimination game like Kobe has on several occasions. If MJ wasn't scoring well, he was controlling the game defensively and strategically with his insane bball IQ. Sorry Kobe, great player, but not the GOAT.
Some more brilliant basketball analysis here.

As if the only variable involved in a basketball game is how Kobe performs. Nevermind the fact that mentally, Jordan's teammates were lightyears ahead of Kobe's. In fact, the way y'all put it let's forget he even had anyone else out there on the floor with him. And seriously, we're gonna sit here and pin 2006 and 2007 on Bryant? When his starting point guard, small forward, and center were Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown? Wow, just wow. No point in even getting into the other losses after that...

And using how many NBA Finals series losses as an argument against Bryant is without a shadow of a doubt the DUMBEST thing I've EVER heard. I'm not sure if you ever heard of that Magic Johnson guy. Yeah, he was pretty good. Lost FOUR times. Yet, shockingly, that fact is never mentioned by anyone when talking about Magic. Oh, wait, maybe because it doesn't make any sense? These are arguments that you only hear used to bring down Bryant.

Some of y'all need to be just a little more objective. Believe it or not, basketball WAS a sport before Michael Jordan and the NBA DID in fact exist.

# 78 Pristy @ 09/13/12 07:24 PM
Quote:
Some more brilliant basketball analysis here.

As if the only variable involved in a basketball game is how Kobe performs. Nevermind the fact that mentally, Jordan's teammates were lightyears ahead of Kobe's. In fact, the way y'all put it let's forget he even had anyone else out there on the floor with him. And seriously, we're gonna sit here and pin 2006 and 2007 on Bryant? When his starting point guard, small forward, and center were Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown? Wow, just wow. No point in even getting into the other losses after that...

And using how many NBA Finals series losses as an argument against Bryant is without a shadow of a doubt the DUMBEST thing I've EVER heard. I'm not sure if you ever heard of that Magic Johnson guy. Yeah, he was pretty good. Lost FOUR times. Yet, shockingly, that fact is never mentioned by anyone when talking about Magic. Oh, wait, maybe because it doesn't make any sense? These are arguments that you only hear used to bring down Bryant.

Some of y'all need to be just a little more objective. Believe it or not, basketball WAS a sport before Michael Jordan and the NBA DID in fact exist.

but when you are comparing a Camero to a Corvette details matter. Magic didn't pattern his game after MJ, vice versa, but Kobe did, from the walk to the talk, Kobe created this comparison with his style and play. MJ is the GOAT and he is the STANDARD. I guess you think its all just a coincidence. Its the price you pay to try and walk in the shoes of the GOAT, hence its the same reason why Lebron changed his number......remember.

# 79 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/13/12 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristy
but when you are comparing a Camero to a Corvette details matter. Magic didn't pattern his game after MJ, vice versa, but Kobe did, from the walk to the talk, Kobe created this comparison with his style and play. MJ is the GOAT and he is the STANDARD. I guess you think its all just a coincidence. Its the price you pay to try and walk in the shoes of the GOAT, hence its the same reason why Lebron changed his number......remember.
The media created the comparison, not Kobe. Kobe has been on record saying he hates the comparison. Same thing they're doing with LeBron now, only difference is some have already said LeBron is better than Jordan after ONE ring. Because Kobe basically came right after Jordan retired, I think he was ostracized for that. Certainly not a coincidence. Its the reason why folks use asinine arguments when discussing Bryant's status among NBA greats. My point about Magic doesn't have anything to do with his relation to Jordan, it was simply stated as an example of the standards applied to Bryant that aren't applied to anyone else.

# 80 Pristy @ 09/13/12 08:05 PM
Quote:
The media created the comparison, not Kobe. Kobe has been on record saying he hates the comparison. Same thing they're doing with LeBron now, only difference is some have already said LeBron is better than Jordan after ONE ring. Because Kobe basically came right after Jordan retired, I think he was ostracized for that. Certainly not a coincidence. Its the reason why folks use asinine arguments when discussing Bryant's status among NBA greats. My point about Magic doesn't have anything to do with his relation to Jordan, it was simply stated as an example of the standards applied to Bryant that aren't applied to anyone else.

media comparison????? Really dude, check the video.........can't forget the jersey number changes.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g7sfHuPMjg

and this is just a sample....and this is the main reason why many people don't like him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.