Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports released the all-new Official Trailer for NBA 2K13 featuring some of today’s biggest stars including cover athletes Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose as they hit the court in this year’s title. Created by Momentous, the trailer is set to “Victory” by Puff Daddy & the Family.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 rhein77 @ 09/10/12 12:37 PM
Where do you start at... I love the contextual emotions oozing from the players. This will take the gameplay to another level! The animations are out of this world!!!! That Rudy Gay dunk was just NASTY!!! That Paul George dunk was FILTHY!!! The emotions of Paul Pierce, The Jet doing his signature... etc. Looks like they redeemed Stephan Curry from getting his ankles broke to breaking some ankles himself! I am all over the place. That trailer I think was by far the best one yet! It is clear that the animation dept. went nuts during the development cycle. The hype machine has run off the track!! Damn u Oct. 2nd... damn u

# 102 tril @ 09/10/12 12:38 PM
sweet!!!. Can not wait!!!

# 103 AnnihilusLivius @ 09/10/12 12:39 PM
C'mon son. Skip September right now. Gimme October and i'll be happy for the rest of the year. That Kobe fadeaway looks sexyyyyyyyyyy!

# 104 Pared @ 09/10/12 12:40 PM
What about RW? Nothing about the cat going crazy?

# 105 Gstate_510 @ 09/10/12 12:40 PM
Nice they showed my man curry some love..hope he can play all 82 games this year

# 106 jreezy18 @ 09/10/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
When you're using a song for a soundtrack of a product that's earning money, things get all sorts of weird in terms of legalities of what can be mentioned and what cannot. For instance, even if Michael Jordan has signed on to have his likeness used in NBA 2K13, I'm still not sure it creates free realm to have his name used in songs featured in the game's soundtrack.
Good point. My post was just pointing out the silliness in deacon21206's reply on why the Jordan reference was bleeped. It wouldn't bump the music up to a Teen rating.

# 107 youALREADYknow @ 09/10/12 12:47 PM
The game looks clean. The job that the animation team did this year is top-notch in terms of cleaning up the transitions between animations.

Kudos to the 2K dev team for what appears to be a job well done once again. Basketball gaming is finally stepping up to the level of other sports.

# 108 Pared @ 09/10/12 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Basketball gaming is finally stepping up to the level of other sports.
2k's basketball game was actually the leader IMO, right up there with The Show and NHL in all the important areas.

# 109 Marc_Rez @ 09/10/12 12:56 PM
I guess 2K cant show any Nets highlights cause the uni's are not allowed to be shown until Jay-Z unveils it at his concert at Barclay.

# 110 eep832000 @ 09/10/12 12:59 PM
if only they could give attention and perfect the animations for passing this game would be perfect

# 111 infam0us @ 09/10/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
I guess 2K cant show any Nets highlights cause the uni's are not allowed to be shown until Jay-Z unveils it at his concert at Barclay.
I was hoping for a sneak peek but when I saw the Knicks with the retro I realized 2k knew better than to spoil any more uniforms.

# 112 da ThRONe @ 09/10/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Fair enough.

To be honest, I think you can find videos of REAL LIFE HIGHLIGHTS and someone would say the same thing. It all depends on the angle.

Not downplaying your claim, just saying it's a very subjective thing IMO.
I said that is the only thing that I can find fault in from the trailers.

Ofcourse it's subjective and I don't think it's a "game killer" or anything over board like that. Once again if the A.I. is on point this game could be the best sports game to date.

# 113 youALREADYknow @ 09/10/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
2k's basketball game was actually the leader IMO, right up there with The Show and NHL in all the important areas.
Basketball games (even 2K11) felt arcade-like compared to baseball, soccer, and hockey games for the past couple of years. I think 2K13 could be the first basketball game to really challenge their level of realism as far as animations are concerned.

The NBA 2K games sold well but that's another topic entirely.

# 114 Marc_Rez @ 09/10/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
I was hoping for a sneak peek but when I saw the Knicks with the retro I realized 2k knew better than to spoil any more uniforms.
For some reason I think when 2K showed that in the trailer of the Knicks new uni's that was not suppose to happen but it got swept under the rug

# 115 RedSceptile @ 09/10/12 01:02 PM
Guys it's ok

October 2nd is almost here.

# 116 SwagDoc101 @ 09/10/12 01:03 PM
looks amazing...not here to complain but i have a feeling that we are going to lose too many dribble animations with the new control stick...the trailer only had one sequense of dribble moves which looked amazing with curry...im just thinking that everyone will look exactly the same if they performed the same set of moves from a lack of signature style and 2k eliminating dribble packs.guess well have to wait and see. overall the game looks outstanding tho

# 117 Pared @ 09/10/12 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Basketball games (even 2K11) felt arcade-like compared to baseball, soccer, and hockey games for the past couple of years. I think 2K13 could be the first basketball game to really challenge their level of realism as far as animations are concerned.

The NBA 2K games sold well but that's another topic entirely.
Ehh... I see your point but don't agree fully.

I still saw some problems with the AI I don't like from their gameplay video release. I think as a whole though, when played competitively with the right people, 2K has had a high bar for a while. I think The Show has been the standard against the AI but (believe it or not) 2k hasn't been TOO far behind (especially once sliders and such are modified).

The tools are all there though for the most part. These games have come a long way in the past 5 years or so.

# 118 Frizzz24 @ 09/10/12 01:14 PM
Gameplay seems to be considerably more fluid/smoother this year. Big step up from last year. All the newly added animations are cool too. My expectations have been exceeded once again. Nice job 2k. Obviously this game won't be perfect, but every year what impresses me is that it improves considerably EVERY year.

# 119 Goffs @ 09/10/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
If the crowd is that lively in the game, this will definitely be the best 2k game ever released. Hands down.
Actually the crowd is always that lively and that's a problem...

# 120 XenoZograscope @ 09/10/12 01:21 PM
Awesome trailer, man that Westbrook slam was mean and the Bron swat...yea I'm hyped for October 2nd.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.