Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 andyacecandy @ 09/11/12 12:39 AM
my gameface guy looks terrible in the game. Like WAY off (I've posted about it several times here haha) When I create it online, it looks just like me. Then, when I put it in the game, it's like another person's face was uploaded. Very weird.

So, I'm glad to see this update come. Hopefully it fixes it.

# 262 briz1744 @ 09/11/12 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I love how upset you guys are without even seeing a complete list of fixes. Also, give credit to EA for releasing a patch when they said they would. The acknowledgment of the dev team looking at CCM editing as well..

Everyone relax and be happy they are listening to all of us...
The editing issue came to light at E3 months ago and the response is that they are looking into it at this stage is somewhat underwhelming

# 263 LowerWolf @ 09/11/12 12:47 AM
I'm patiently waiting to start my dynasty. I can start it without editing, but I'm really hoping all the glitches they fixed server side for online CC (players having the same #s, etc.) have been fixed for offline with this patch. If so, I can finally get started.

# 264 mestevo @ 09/11/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
The editing issue came to light at E3 months ago and the response is that they are looking into it at this stage is somewhat underwhelming
They addressed the elephant in the room, if they didn't the thread would be even longer with all the things (including editing) people would rather have fixed.

They've reiterated just more than with 140 characters what has been said before more or less that they're looking into it.

# 265 kehlis @ 09/11/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
EA has mentioned they're looking into it prior to today, and he said:

If he knew before today then he'd know EA isn't just finding out.
Looks to me like he was just making a point as to how ridiculous it is that they are just looking into it and providing facts directly from them to help back his points.

Seems to me though that you were just trying to pick a fight for no reason.

# 266 mestevo @ 09/11/12 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Looks to me like he was just making a point as to how ridiculous it is that they are just looking into it and providing facts directly from them to help back his points.

Seems to me though that you were just trying to pick a fight for no reason.
Not at all, the 'they pretend that they are just finding out' to me is where I took issue with that post. You and I clearly just read that post differently.

# 267 Tweeg @ 09/11/12 01:14 AM
I think a lot of us knew that this would be the type of patch that you normally see on release day. However, since it's coming out two weeks after release, I find it more than a bit concerning that they couldn't even squeeze assisted tackle tracking into this update. This is an issue that was evident within an hour of the demo hitting the marketplace.

# 268 MeTsFaN719 @ 09/11/12 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
I'm with you on that.

I mostly play 3 player co-op vs CPU and it's the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

Madden 12 was a great game in my opinion (once the sliders were setup), simulating teamwork with your friends is great fun and, sociable gaming aside, the beauty of having human teammates is you see a noticeable reduction in botched CPU AI and the game feels less scripted.

Why oh why did Josh and the Madden team only allow gamers to enjoy Madden 13 alone - really strange and totally unheard of for a team-based sports game.
Wow man same here. 3 player co-op franchises are awesome. It's fun doing things like modeling the roster together, having games where you're all clicking and then some where you gotta pick up the slack because your buddy is struggling, the whole offseason, etc. We had a ton of fun with Madden 12 and we were looking forward to this year with the new gameplay, and man were we let down.

And like I said my brother and I share a gamertag and an Xbox 360, so it's not like either of us can really play it as much as we want to. I don't really see why it would be hard to add it into the patch unless I'm missing something. I'd even settle for just one other human player...

# 269 prototype561 @ 09/11/12 01:29 AM
Are they patching the gameplay in CCM, because it plays totally different than Play Now?

Am I the only one experiencing this?

In play now the cpu offense on all-madden is very dangerous, it is very hard to stop the run. The cpu has had multiple 100 yd games on me.

In CMM, I have yet to give up more than 50 yds with the browns, I seriously believe the sliders dont work in CCM.

# 270 36omadden @ 09/11/12 01:31 AM
wish they would give more detailed info on the title update!

# 271 tarantism @ 09/11/12 01:34 AM
Here is what I don't understand: The madden Devs and their apologists are always talking about how everybody has different needs, and it's impossible to make everybody happy. However the easiest way to make the most possible people happy every year is to make the game as customizable as possible. That being said, year by year we seem to be LOSING the ability to customize our Madden experience.

If they truly cared about making as many people as possible happy then they would allow us to change as much or as little about our gaming experience as possible.

I remember two years ago being very excited with the addition of game plans. I thought that using sliders, coaching schemes and game plans we could potentially have NFL teams play as true as possible to their real life counterparts. However, in a patch that same year, EA made it impossible to apply game plans to CPU teams at the game launch screen. Now this year they have even taken away our ability to use the two controller workaround.

What I don't understand is, why? People say EA is lazy, but I personally don't see it. They seem to be going out of their way to take away workarounds that hardcore sim gamers are using to make their Madden experience more realistic. They even took away 32 team control! Does our desire to customize the game to give it more authenticity hurt their pride?

Regardless of the answer that EA might give, there have been a series of decisions made this year to actively take away user customization that I regard as no less than a disaster. I don't see how they could possibly be surprised with the backlash.

If only I could edit CPU game plans I would be sticking with this year's Madden. I could look past the poor sim stats and other issues (though they should be fixed as well, to be honest) but because of how poorly the hard coded CPU game plans are I am going to shelve this Madden and go back to 12. At least in that game I still had the two controller workaround.

# 272 mirrored32 @ 09/11/12 01:43 AM
talk of editing players for CC is nice to know about. I appreciate that! I figured it would take till M14 before this would be actually considered, but it is apparent that the new team is doing a great job of response and trying to put out the game that people want! good times!

# 273 R9NALD9 @ 09/11/12 02:09 AM
If they haven't fixed the mess that is the challenge system, the bug where your defense run commit for no reason etc. etc. and equally important fixed assisted tackles and half sacks...then I'm trading this in.

It will be the shortest span of time I've ever had a Madden game before trading it in.

# 274 briz1744 @ 09/11/12 02:37 AM
Quote:
They addressed the elephant in the room, if they didn't the thread would be even longer with all the things (including editing) people would rather have fixed.

They've reiterated just more than with 140 characters what has been said before more or less that they're looking into it.
My point was that after being aware of the depth of feeling this issue has raised that 3 months later they ought to be a little more farther along in the process than it would appear from that statement .
By now I would like to think they would at least know what they are capable of adding via a patch. For example they have ruled out Fantasy drafts at this stage is any aspect of editing not plausible ? Etc

# 275 mestevo @ 09/11/12 02:48 AM
Quote:
My point was that after being aware of the depth of feeling this issue has raised that 3 months later they ought to be a little more farther along in the process than it would appear from that statement .
By now I would like to think they would at least know what they are capable of adding via a patch. For example they have ruled out Fantasy drafts at this stage is any aspect of editing not plausible ? Etc
Obviously they know more than they are letting on, and are just not going to set expectations running wild. If problems come up with the patch(es) prior to being able to implement this, the ROI and resources to continue working on anything more than bugs and problems could dry up. Just speculation, I'm not going to debate timetables and resources like I'm up in their JIRA assigning tickets or managing burndown charts.

To me, they're hedging against something not working out and not being able to add it - I think they'd know whether or not they could add it too. I would be impressed if it returned, but I'm just as impressed they've mentioned it in this latest message because they're doing little to curb the high expectations the community has when any hope of something getting done is presented as a possibility.

I don't see fantasy drafts plausibly being patched in because they haven't mentioned it that I've seen, and the extent of editing possible goes back to my first point about resourcing speculation.

In the end, obviously they don't see the need to get out in front of it and say it won't happen so people can move on/accept the product features that shipped (bug fix patches pending), or they would be doing so.

# 276 briz1744 @ 09/11/12 03:11 AM
Quote:
Obviously they know more than they are letting on, and are just not going to set expectations running wild. If problems come up with the patch(es) prior to being able to implement this, the ROI and resources to continue working on anything more than bugs and problems could dry up. Just speculation, I'm not going to debate timetables and resources like I'm up in their JIRA assigning tickets or managing burndown charts.

To me, they're hedging against something not working out and not being able to add it - I think they'd know whether or not they could add it too. I would be impressed if it returned, but I'm just as impressed they've mentioned it in this latest message because they're doing little to curb the high expectations the community has when any hope of something getting done is presented as a possibility.

I don't see fantasy drafts plausibly being patched in because they haven't mentioned it that I've seen, and the extend of editing possible goes back to my first point about resourcing speculation.

In the end, obviously they don't see the need to get out in front of it and say it won't happen so people can move on/accept the product features that shipped (bug fix patches pending), or they would be doing so.
They have ruled out patching in fantasy drafts completetely and maybe its just the wording that perturbs me I'd rather hear something along the lines of *efforts are being made* or *its being worked on* than the words chosen

# 277 mestevo @ 09/11/12 03:13 AM
Quote:
They have ruled out patching in fantasy drafts completetely and maybe its just the wording that perturbs me I'd rather hear something along the lines of *efforts are being made* or *its being worked on* than the words chosen
True, it comes off as an evaluation, not an effort to. I see your point there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 278 frankstallone83 @ 09/11/12 03:14 AM
How about the wind? I know it isn't a big deal and I'm MUCH more concerned about cpu ai and sliders in CCM but I find it pathetic EA can't even get something as simple as the wind to work correctly. It's just a perfect symbol of their incompetence to have the wind blowing in the complete opposite direction in Madden 13.

# 279 aussieBKR @ 09/11/12 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
I continue to find shots like this over here hilarious to be honest. These guys come in and do nothing but represent the community and are always attacked by guys. We even bring guys into the program from The Sim Standard and then they're just called fan boys.

The truth is the group gives us great feedback and even finds items that never go mainstream or are addressed before launch. So many of the features that guys over here like this year have been impacted by the group.

I know this isn't the entire community as a whole, but too many guys spend time trying to tear guys down instead of remembering what community was/is about... providing feedback on our favorite games and finding like minded people to game with.

You don't have to take me for my word. I would say that everyone who has met me knows that I'm an honest straightforward person who wants the best out of our games. I hand pick the guys in the group and know they want the same thing as well. Take it for what it's worth. I just want to make sure guys have the real side of things and not something that is assumed.
Its like anything you do in life, if you don't do it well, your going to come under scrutiny, whether it be just or not. This game has so many obvious errors, so them and EA are coming under deserved pressure to perform better for the madden community. It looks like that the only people madden/ea dev team listened to was online gamers, which doesn't even represent the majority of players, although it does represent a chance to make more money in the future for online play and advertisement. 2k went in the direction of trying to give the player as much control as possible, and that worked wonders for them, it seems EA want to take all the control away from the user, and tell them exactly how they should play. You cant play offline cc, its disgustingly bad, but you can play online, how convenient. Online has way more options then offline also, eg. multi-contolled user teams, more XP for your players, gameplay is better....they want everyone to go online, so they force you to.

# 280 Humdinger80 @ 09/11/12 03:38 AM
*Sigh* You know whats funny is no one will admit that after YEARS of your wishlists, feedback, comments and opinions that EA just doesn't give a sh*t about what you want and when you want it. And that if in 5 min OS, gamechangers, "sim nation" all of this just simply ceased to exist, Tiburon would just keep right on making Madden 14, 15, 16 ,17 18...that's fairly enjoyable but never on par with other sports titles what with all the bugs and glitches and sh*t that's been apart of this franchise as far back as the Madden name itself. Obviously they are always gonna do what they think is gonna make the most amount of money. Editing jersey #s and working sub packages ain't it.

What do you honestly expect this website, complaint threads and pointless gamechanger people to do? Force EA to make kicka$$ game that's everything to everyone all of a sudden?. Truth is what EA cares about is the literally THOUSANDS of people f**king LOVING this game right now And EA LOVES them. But they also love the EA/Madden haters and the complaints on this very website, know why? Cause it means they have your money too. In their eyes, job is done. That's it. Mission Accomplished. August 28th came and went, whatever patches or fixes you get from the moment you purchased the game, ticket, online pass, MUT or whatever is a luxury. Not deserved or owed. You bought it on release day for the full price, it's not like any of you weren't warned or already aware of this happening.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.