Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 title update #2 arrives tomorrow, which includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

More details below.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RandyBass @ 09/10/12 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
I continue to find shots like this over here hilarious to be honest...
They get shots at them because they come off as just being company yes men. I know you, and they, will continue to state that this isn't the case; but their actions on the forum here reek of insincerity, especially when they continually come to game's defense when it has such obvious and glaring issues.

# 82 roadman @ 09/10/12 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinner622
Apparently major ai issues that destroys the game for a large percentage of their customers was not on their agenda. That should have been patch day 1. When major sports sites like Pastapadre complain about that issue, you would think they would listen. Now it appears we are going to have to wait even longer.
Then you are saying they caught that ai issue before the game shipped, meaning EA knew about the issue before the game shipped?

# 83 roadman @ 09/10/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
They get shots at them because they come off as just being company yes men. I know you, and they, will continue to state that this isn't the case; but their actions on the forum here reek of insincerity, especially when they continually come to game's defense when it has such obvious and glaring issues.
That's not fair, either, you can't lump them altogether. I know of at least one that posts here that was fair in their assessment of the game.

# 84 ThisIsWeaponX @ 09/10/12 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
EA said late this week. News already out there.
Thought they said early this week.

# 85 prey2god @ 09/10/12 05:46 PM
I wonder how they missed the no edit feature or the numerous bugs and glitches that are in the game? It befuddles me actually. Did EA deliberately do this or accidentally missed these?

# 86 Airdrop01 @ 09/10/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9708755&type=1

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 & PS3. The update includes a new instant start option when creating your player in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and GameFace improvements.

We’d also like to remind fans who have been asking about the ability to edit players and rosters in Connected Careers that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.
Yeah, because why wouldn't it have occurred to them that taking out editing and fantasy draft would be missed? Who wouldn't want three linebackers with number 55 on the field at once?

# 87 dezzy @ 09/10/12 05:49 PM
This is very disappointing...SMH NO PATCH FOR THE IDIOTIC COVERAGE SCREW UPS!??! I understand the the fixes for the connected careers etc but come on? I hate playing as a lb/db & the stupid coverage issues is forcing me and many others to play the game in a way we don't want/like to,& I've heard all the stupid smart mouthed comments like "stop hitting dwn on the stick at the snap" etc & to all those that feel that way I kindly say shut up,why should our way of playing the game get screwed up because of an oversight by EA?

I spend my time in practice and only playing online in leagues & quick matches so all these single player updates from the patch do nothing for me & I think that all of us hardcore online guys got screwed by having to wait longer...I'm not knocking the single player fixes at all but when I hear of the game face stuff being fixed while there's other pressing issues that's a problem to me.

Another of the many other dumb issues are when playing online I can't even select onside KO return?? Allowing people to constantly squib on me THAT'S RIDICULOUS EA! Or the screwed up jumbled mess that your play books turn into after creating a custom one?

I'm HUGE madden fan & 20+ yr vet,I bleed madden & always stand up for it/say it's my fav..but this crap is getting rlly old.

I'm no game developer but I know it shouldn't be taking till October or whenever to fix all these issues & get the game the way it's supposed to be in the first place because if that's the case why don't you just wait till oct to release every yr?

These issues didn't just happen,people have been playing the retail build even weeks before the season ticket early release & it's totally uncalled for & I'm upset.

# 88 Hades71 @ 09/10/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonee
I fired up an offline CCM just to test it out. Honestly, if they some how allow edit player (or some form of control)...I would forget about the old franchise mode I have been playing since 93. I have struggled to play past year 3 of my franchises for the past five years. With the additions in CCM I think I could be back to the 5+ year franchise. The gameplay/presentation is AWESOME (except for too many ints and the CPU non-running game) and is much improved.

But with my praise to the game, its collecting dust on my shelf. Been playing the only true franchise mode MLBtheShow! I maybe trading in Madden soon if edit roster is not added. Soon the only people online will be the kids who they are satisfying who have no money!
Well franchise mode was introduced in 1998. Just saying.

# 89 Dewiel @ 09/10/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
We can agree to disagree. It's not worth your time or mine to argue this point. I sit in the room and hear the feedback. They're not yes men. These guys just provide the feedback in a constructive way. Any one who looks at Madden 12 compared to Madden 13 can see the improvements. Those guys have played a role in that. Sure, they were just as disappointed by some things not being in, but they also understand where we're going.

# 90 fripperiffic @ 09/10/12 05:53 PM
The real problem here is LACK of competition!! If there were other developers making NFL games, we wouldn't see this lazy and half-hazard approach to the game every year. Even after the first patch, many things remain fundamentally broken, and EA probably isn't that motivated to fix it, since sales are at a record high, and people seemingly are ok with subjecting themselves to year after year of shelling out $60 for a game that would be GREAT, if they just addressed some of the core issues! I don't think it is too much to ask that the current things in the game work properly. Asking for ADDITIONAL content, like fantasy draft etc. is definitely not realistic. However, just making sure that the things in the game work right, is important to people like me who work hard for their money! I guess we will have to wait and see in October where this game really stand. Right now, it is SO CLOSE to being amazing, but too many bugs ruin MOST of the features of the game.............

# 91 Jarodd21 @ 09/10/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Guys,

Keep in mind that this update is coming two weeks after launch. We don't generally have second update this early and it's mainly for stability items and a few items that we wanted to get in right away. As we stated on Facebook, we're aware of the other issues out there and we're looking into them as well. It's just not part of this update. As always, thanks for the feedback.

I just really hope the sliders for CCM and the AIs playcalling/Logic are getting looked at thoroughly for the next patch.. I haven't struggled this bad with getting the CPU to be competitive in a long time and it's really wearing on me. I can't enjoy the game at all going up against a weak AI. The sliders work great in Play now..

# 92 EMbow513 @ 09/10/12 05:56 PM
Lol they're lying, editing is not coming this year

# 93 prey2god @ 09/10/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
We can agree to disagree. It's not worth your time or mine to argue this point. I sit in the room and hear the feedback. They're not yes men. These guys just provide the feedback in a constructive way. Any one who looks at Madden 12 compared to Madden 13 can see the improvements. Those guys have played a role in that. Sure, they were just as disappointed by some things not being in, but they also understand where we're going.
Why is it that this game is plagued with all sorts of bugs and glitches that honestly shouldn't have been in the game if you guys had people "testing" it.

In my opinion, those people who tested Madden need to be reprimanded or fired immediately. This not only hurt the reputation of EA, but it also hurts you and others as well.

# 94 Airdrop01 @ 09/10/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
The real problem here is LACK of competition!! If there were other developers making NFL games, we wouldn't see this lazy and half-hazard approach to the game every year. Even after the first patch, many things remain fundamentally broken, and EA probably isn't that motivated to fix it, since sales are at a record high, and people seemingly are ok with subjecting themselves to year after year of shelling out $60 for a game that would be GREAT, if they just addressed some of the core issues! I don't think it is too much to ask that the current things in the game work properly. Asking for ADDITIONAL content, like fantasy draft etc. is definitely not realistic. However, just making sure that the things in the game work right, is important to people like me who work hard for their money! I guess we will have to wait and see in October where this game really stand. Right now, it is SO CLOSE to being amazing, but too many bugs ruin MOST of the features of the game.............
You do understand that they actually took that stuff like draft and editing out, right?

# 95 aussieBKR @ 09/10/12 05:58 PM
This patch better fix alot of those "stability" issues or I'm gonna be pissed

# 96 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
We are extremely motivated to address all uncovered issues. What bugs are bothering you the most?

# 97 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I appreciate you posting here, but I think most people would agree that Madden 12's franchise was better. To this day, I don't understand why CCM was introduced into the game. Why limit our ability to do anything in CCM? Why are the difficulties (sliders) different in CCM versus play now? Yes, physics will add a tremendous amount of replay value to the game, once it has evolved and been implemented correctly. However, CCM was one of the game's most marketed features. It is buggy and does not work properly. How are we to believe that EA has this game headed in the right direction?
Because Franchise mode is almost 10 years old. While franchise mode is good, the plan for Connected Careers is great. This is Connected Careers first year and we will continue to improve upon it year after year.

# 98 Hades71 @ 09/10/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Hopefully EA will cut ties with fan sites alltogether and run with what they have here which is a great foundation. First time current gen ive really enjoyed the game, offline franchise. The vocal minority here doesnt need to influence them, just a bunch of crying and irrational behavior. Pretty much sums up any madden site that ever existed.

# 99 EmmdotFrisk @ 09/10/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I think their were a couple that ruined the reputation for the rest. I want to get to know the rest of the Game Changers before tossing the program aside. You may know these guys already. I don't. A couple of them sure gave the impression that they were just part of the Marketing Hype. I would like to get to know the rest of the Game Changers.

We did have a couple really bad ones, but then we also had the "rgiles" type guys as Game Changers.
What do you think the prerequisite to be a Game Changer is?

# 100 slappybrown @ 09/10/12 06:02 PM
The revisionist history around here that franchise mode in 12 (or 11, or 10) was this great mode is laughable. This series dreadfully needed to evolve and CCM is a steP in the right direction. It unquestionably needs work, but come on. Madden franchise has been bad on this gen console since inception.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.