Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Now that the first five rookies are out of the way, it's time to get to the rest.

Since my previous article was posted, the complete list of Signature Skills in NBA 2K13 has been revealed.

Read More - Top Ten Most Anticipated Rookies And Their Signature Skills (Pt. 2)

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mymannemcee @ 09/12/12 12:01 PM
Interesting points. Really want to see what they do with MKG's sig skills.

Off topic, but based on that photo, I also hope they have Lillard's tattoos ready. He's been clean in every photo I've seen of him in 2K13 so far.

# 2 Gramps91 @ 09/12/12 12:26 PM
As a Wildcats fan, really looking forward to using Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist both. Can't wait to see Davis dominate the league defensively. Also really looking forward to seeing how well he can match up with Dwight Howard.

# 3 JWiLL02 @ 09/12/12 03:04 PM
Props for getting Ross on the list. It won't take long for people to see that he wasn't a reach at 8. He might be the most fluid athlete in the draft, the way he moves around the court and dunks makes DeRozan look stiff in comparison.

He'll probably be a much better videogame player than real life as well, in the mold of Nick Young and JR Smith. He's got the right combination of athleticism and shooting ability. I'm willing to bet he'll be a nice steal in early draft leagues.

Lillard will just be flat out fun to use with the new Isomotion and collision system. The Blazers will finally be the uptempo team they should have been years ago (not that I slowed them down in game before).

# 4 RocketTMac1 @ 09/12/12 04:40 PM
MKG= Finisher, Lockdown Defender, Interceptor, Active Hands, Hustle Points

# 5 BV11 @ 09/12/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
MKG= Finisher, Lockdown Defender, Interceptor, Active Hands, Hustle Points, Anti-Freeze
Yeah I'd def make a rookie the only player in the game with 6 sig skills.

# 6 RocketTMac1 @ 09/12/12 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Yeah I'd def make a rookie the only player in the game with 6 sig skills.
Oh my bad lol.

# 7 Sundown @ 09/12/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
MKG= Finisher, Lockdown Defender, Interceptor, Active Hands, Hustle Points, Anti-Freeze
Haha. Six signature skills for a rookie, really? Sig skills are supposed to be for elite standouts, not just because a player is kind of good at any one thing in college.

I would only assign rookies signature skills that reliably translate to the NBA and add the rest according to their performance in the league. Finisher is hard to gauge until they've had to play against bigger, tougher, and faster NBA defenses. Hustle also requires finishing after rebounding regularly in the NBA. I could spot MKG a couple of defensive signatures other than Lockdown Defender though, since he's a standout on defense. Lockdown requires shutting down premier NBA players on a semi-regular basis. I could also throw in scrapper, but 3 sigs for a Rookie is being plenty generous.

Regarding the article:

I obviously disagree with handing out Lockdowns to rookies. I also don't think Davis deserves Defensive Anchor until he shows that he really does show that he really does improve and coordinate team defense. Eraser is fine for him until then.

# 8 theycallmeZZ @ 09/12/12 05:37 PM
Thanks for adding Ross. I would have liked to see Jonas Valanciunas in the list but... oh well

# 9 Norris_Cole @ 09/12/12 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Interesting points. Really want to see what they do with MKG's sig skills.

Off topic, but based on that photo, I also hope they have Lillard's tattoos ready. He's been clean in every photo I've seen of him in 2K13 so far.
If he doesn't get his tattoos on release date, he will never get them...

The insider seems to hate to update the Blazers for some reason. Still asking him to simply remove those high socks that Aldridge is wearing in the game (I don't remember him wearing those in the nba, not even a single time) but no luck (4 years and counting)

And Lillard could easily have dead eye as well and shot creator.

However I not sure rookies are getting many sig skills as this article is predicting, but It's a good read

Thanks

# 10 TeamBuilder @ 09/12/12 09:30 PM
Not feeling Ross over Beal (who wasn't even in the top 10?). Also surprised that Thomas Robinson was excluded.

# 11 Icxikul @ 09/12/12 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Not feeling Ross over Beal (who wasn't even in the top 10?). Also surprised that Thomas Robinson was excluded.
I agree. This man trippin'.

# 12 Norris_Cole @ 09/13/12 01:16 AM
Yeah I just noticed, Rivers, Terrence Jones, Andrew Nicholson, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Ross and no Bradley Beal?

#Snub

# 13 Norris_Cole @ 09/13/12 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
this isn't about draft position this is about players people for are looking forward to using
I know, but Beal should be ahead of basically all of those guys anyway IMO

# 14 KCsFinest5 @ 09/13/12 09:24 AM
TROB? This list is incomplete without him.

# 15 Jaynubz @ 09/13/12 02:34 PM
I think people are overhyping Anthony Davis a lil bit. He's going to get pushed around even by smaller players cuz he is so thin. He reminds me alot of Marcus Camby when he came out from Umass although Davis has a better offensive game right now. I don't think he will make as big an impact as people think, especially with the talent around him and asking him to be a go to guy...I think in 2 or 3 years with the help of strength and conditioning he will then be a force in the NBA

# 16 KB2009Champ @ 09/13/12 02:51 PM
I have a feeling rookies with tattoos will be playing w/out them in 2k13

# 17 Macar91 @ 09/13/12 03:31 PM
Royce White should be near the top of this list.

# 18 BezO @ 09/13/12 03:47 PM
I hope rookies don't get sig skills until 1/4 of the way into the season, at the earliest. Not sure how they'd prove themselves until then.

# 19 99centChickenSammich @ 09/14/12 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I obviously disagree with handing out Lockdowns to rookies. I also don't think Davis deserves Defensive Anchor until he shows that he really does show that he really does improve and coordinate team defense. Eraser is fine for him until then.

# 20 Sundown @ 09/14/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99centChickenSammich
Post the Kobe gif all you like but team boosting chemistry signatures shouldn't be handled to rookies until they prove they can show leadership amongst veterans at the NBA level.

I wouldn't hand out floor general either until you see team offense improve because of a rookie.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.