Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 updated rosters for week 2 arrive tomorrow for Play Now (Online/Offline). CCM rosters arrive tomorrow as well, but they will be the original 53 man rosters, which were released last week.

Quote:
There are over well over 400+ transactions and player rating adjustments that went into this roster update.

The biggest movers after top notch performances in Week 1 are LB Craig Robertson (CLE) with a 4 point boost this week (now 65 overall), WR Kevin Ogletree (DAL) going +7 to 74 overall, OL J’Marcus Webb (CHI) gets a 4 point boost to 73 overall, and DL Henry Melton (CHI) going up 3 points as well to a 83 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are TE Lance Kendricks (from 74 to 72 overall), OL Doug Legursky (from 75 to 72 overall), OL Leroy Harris (from 86 to 84 overall), and Titans DB Michael Griffin (from 89 to 87 overall).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WeBB15 @ 09/13/12 11:57 AM
Wow, cant even play CCM with the 53 man rosters until week 2! and its not even with the newest rosters! LOL

Please, NFL drop this exclusivity deal. EA is hardly improving every year.

Have you all seen the player career in NBA 2k13, makes Madden look like a sega game... Oh well, at least the physics are nice.

# 22 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Meh. Fans of the Cowboys and the media members that cover the team were sour on Ogletree for a reason. He's shown nothing in the previous three years that would suggest his release ratings and route running ratings were completely off -- let alone after 1 week. This coming from an obvious Cowboys fan.

You're absolutely right, and I certainly understand that part of it. I just think it sets a bad precedent. What if Ogletree strings together 2 more weeks of stellar performances? He could very well find himself hovering around a 80 at that point. Then let's say he hits the plateau, and starts coming back to earth. All of a sudden he's back into 68-73 range b/c that's what he's shown to be the last few years. Now he has a huge swing back the opposite direction.

I just think that confidence & consistency would better represent the swings in performance rather than manipulating the ratings to reflect one great performance.

But again, you're right in that the average fan wants to see some moving and shaking in accordance to performance. I just don't think it's the most realistic approach.
I respectfully disagree when it comes to Ogletree's increase. Ogletree in real life has progressed significantly (through camp and preseason). He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.

Ogletree is also a better route runner than Dez is. Here's the increase I requested for Tree which equates to a 74 OVR.

Kevin Ogletree:
Route Running from 65 to 77 (one of the best route runners on the team)
Release from 51 to 79 (is excellent at beating press off the line, repeatedly beat Giants corners off the LOS many times on slants)
Catch from 75 to 78

The 77 Route running makes him a slightly better route runner than Dez

The 79 Release will allow him to win off the LOS once in awhile

So no, no homerism here

Matter of fact here's my entire list that includes a significant downgrade of Felix Jones. Heck I didn't even request Tony to get boosted.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j8ul5k

I understand what you're saying about traits and I tried to reflect that with Tony by raising his consistency rather than ratings, but last year just about every other team other than Dallas wasn't touched when it came to traits because I was the only one sending them in for my team.

# 23 ramspeedkill @ 09/13/12 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...74615901577216

Tomorrow's Wk 2 roster update is for Online & Play Now only. The Connected Careers update will be out tomorrow & is for final 53 man rosters

# 24 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I respectfully say you couldn't be more incorrect. Ogletree in real life has progressed significantly (through camp and preseason). He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.

Ogletree is also a better route runner than Dez is. Here's the increase I requested for Tree which equates to a 74 OVR.

Kevin Ogletree:
Route Running from 65 to 77 (one of the best route runners on the team)
Release from 51 to 79 (is excellent at beating press off the line, repeatedly beat Giants corners off the LOS many times on slants)
Catch from 75 to 78

The 77 Route running makes him a slightly better route runner than Dez

The 79 Release will allow him to win off the LOS once in awhile

So no, no homerism here

Matter of fact here's my entire list that includes a significant downgrade of Felix Jones. Heck I didn't even request Tony to get boosted.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j8ul5k

I understand what you're saying about traits and I tried to reflect that with Tony by raising his consistency rather than ratings, but last year just about every other team other than Dallas wasn't touched when it came to traits because I was the only one sending them in for my team.
Even though the ratings boost probably is realistic, I'm just saying I doubt if we would see it as high if he played for a less popular team, that's all.

# 25 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Even though the ratings boost probably is realistic, I'm just saying I doubt if we would see it as high if he played for a less popular team, that's all.
I'd say if someone did it on primetime ON THE ROAD opening night against the superbowl champs beating a #1 corner (Webster) like a drum that they'd get the same treatment regardless. I could say similar things about Bosh being higher than Aldridge, it's a gas!

# 26 RGiles36 @ 09/13/12 12:11 PM
Quote:
He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.
Not to be trivial or to take the thread off topic, but outside of last week, do you have any other examples? That's my point. You seem to be focusing on last weeks results and some speculation in the preseason. Speculation also said that Dez looked like a better route runner in camp and in the preseason FWIW.

# 27 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
I'd say if someone did it on primetime ON THE ROAD opening night against the superbowl champs beating a #1 corner (Webster) like a drum that they'd get the same treatment regardless. I could say similar things about Bosh being higher than Aldridge, it's a gas!
I don't know if they would, usually they would get like +4 or 5, but not 7. Look at Alfred Morris, he had almost 100 yards and 2 TDs against the Saints on the road in his pro debut, he got +4.

Even as a huge Heat fan (for much longer than just the past 2 years), you won't get an argument from me that Bosh should be higher than Aldridge, Aldridge is nasty.

# 28 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Not to be trivial or to take the thread off topic, but outside of last week, do you have any other examples? That's my point. You seem to be focusing on last weeks results and some speculation in the preseason. Speculation also said that Dez looked like a better route runner in camp and in the preseason FWIW.
Nope, sure don't and that only makes sense being that Tree has been buried on the depth chart for three years due to his lack of focus and work ethic. This year that's all changed. Sometimes there are justified increases (DeMarco Murray last year, Miles Austin a few years before, Romo in 06'). I understand what you're saying, use the confidence trait until they prove themselves. The only flaw in that is if a base rating is so far off that it needs changed.

I have a question for you? What does confidence affect? Should Ogletree have amazing hands just because his confidence is boosted, no, as Ogletree is still susceptible to the occasionally dropped ball.

# 29 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I don't know if they would, usually they would get like +4 or 5, but not 7. Look at Alfred Morris, he had almost 100 yards and 2 TDs against the Saints on the road in his pro debut, he got +4.

Even as a huge Heat fan (for much longer than just the past 2 years), you won't get an argument from me that Bosh should be higher than Aldridge, Aldridge is nasty.
Thing is that Alfred Morris doesn't have tremendous speed so you can only increase him so much. I'm sure his speed stayed relatively the same. A perfect example is LeSean McCoy last year, he had a great year but doesn't have power in his runs therefor you can max out his agility and elusiveness but his truck can only go so high? Make sense?

# 30 kc10785 @ 09/13/12 12:21 PM
Forget about Ogletree. I think a couple other players on the team needed a boost

# 31 Find_the_Door @ 09/13/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Forget about Ogletree. I think a couple other players on the team needed a boost
Bruce Carter IMO needed a big boost but that will come in time. He looked fantastic, hopefully he keeps it up. Block Shed (69) could use a big increase, he shed multiple blocks and stuffed the run on Wednesday.

# 32 niftyjets @ 09/13/12 12:25 PM
Wait im so confused...so if i am gonna start my online CCM this weekend which roster do i get? Can I use the week 2 update?

# 33 McAlister @ 09/13/12 12:27 PM
The rosters coming out for CCM tomorrow will be the week 1 rosters that were released Saturday (9/8). CCM rosters will always be a week (or more..it is EA) behind the play now rosters. That isn't going to go over well.

# 34 niftyjets @ 09/13/12 12:32 PM
who the hell cares about play now rosters. why wouldnt they immediatley update the ccm rosters

# 35 jpdavis82 @ 09/13/12 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
The rosters coming out for CCM tomorrow will be the week 1 rosters that were released Saturday (9/8). CCM rosters will always be a week (or more..it is EA) behind the play now rosters. That isn't going to go over well.
Hopefully Madden 14 adds a separate Be a GM mode next year, like NHL 13 has. NHL 13 has a Be A GM(Franchise Mode) and a Connected GM/Player/Coach mode(Connected Careers).

I understand that when you start a Career mode you want to have the original 53 man rosters or even the 75 man rosters, but there needs to be a way to play in a season with the most updated rosters without having to start over every week.

# 36 KingV2k3 @ 09/13/12 12:34 PM
I hope they re rate the FA's so McNabb doesn't keep turning into a starter...

# 37 shunsing @ 09/13/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister
why am I still surprised?!?! Rucking Fediculous!

It's a lot like this -->

God forbid they gave us the option to use either roster that they have already created and made available to every other mode... What a new and refreshing idea that might be... User preference? Meh, they know what's best for us.

# 38 CSL @ 09/13/12 12:38 PM
pretty inexcusable to have to start a CCM with rosters that are already out of date by the time we get them, something should really be done about that

# 39 DJ @ 09/13/12 12:55 PM
What's the point of 53-man rosters in CCM? Will they just add generic rookies for you to cut during preseason, or will cut days just be removed since the roster is already at 53?

# 40 roadman @ 09/13/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
What's the point of 53-man rosters in CCM? Will they just add generic rookies for you to cut during preseason, or will cut days just be removed since the roster is already at 53?
There will be no cut days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.