Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 RGiles36 @ 09/14/12 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
I havent seen any of those guys. Maybe they are posting in the "we want fantasy draft back" threads and the rest of us are posting in "fix the running game, online CCM xp, etc." Threads
I don't know that I've posted in a single fantasy draft thread as it doesn't exactly tickle my fancy.

But I can understand why it got in though. The people who enjoy fantasy draft have been beating the drum since May/June -- whenever the news broke that FD would not be in M13. While I think the other issues rank higher in importance, many were uncovered after the retail hit. I can see a scenario where FD was being explored months ago, thus making it possible for the feature to be put in the game.

# 322 mikey04 @ 09/14/12 09:44 AM
IN GAME SAVES!

# 323 RGiles36 @ 09/14/12 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Well im posting on my phone so i dont see the pretty colors. the only point i was trying to get across was that i do not venture to any other sports gaming sites other than here and 1 out of 10 threads were fantasy draft.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I don't venture to many other sites either, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the buck doesn't always stop with OS.

# 324 DirkJesusNowitzki @ 09/14/12 09:48 AM
I don't give a crap about fantasy drafts but at least it's a good sign that EA is listening, so other improvements are sure to follow.

Worse than what is missing from CCM imho is what is broken that was included. I would love for schemes to auto change depending on who I put on the depth chart. And why does my coach gameplan not work?

# 325 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's number one on the GameChangers website out of all the EA games. I've never used it and would have preferred it to be something else but the fact that they're showing an effort this early is a good sign. If they can get this next patch out asap it would be really nice.
Effort? It was in Madden for years, removed for this year, and
is being patched back in... for this year.

They removed a supposedly popular feature and added it back. Next year, they might remove directional passing only to add it back in.

Pretty easy way to show effort, apparently... remove stuff that was there and put it back in. Makes total sense.

# 326 roadman @ 09/14/12 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
Effort? It was in Madden for years, removed for this year, and
is being patched back in... for this year.

They removed a supposedly popular feature and added it back. Next year, they might remove directional passing only to add it back in.

Pretty easy way to show effort, apparently... remove stuff that was there and put it back in. Makes total sense.
Or, they ripped out the old franchise code and put in the new CCM code and they had to make sure everything was working with the new code.

Who knows?

# 327 thescoop @ 09/14/12 10:02 AM
Ok, so they can get Fantasy Drafts back in with a server update, but not roster edits? Huge for those wanting fantasy drafts but a fail for those of us wanting more control of our franchises. I want some answers on roster edits.

# 328 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Or, they ripped out the old franchise code and put in the new CCM code and they had to make sure everything was working with the new code.

Who knows?
Then, why not release the game in September, rather than selling us a buggy, incomplete game that forces us to wait for patches to show up, in which case we collectively hold our breath in hopes that they actually fix gameplay/immersion issues?

Who knows?

Oh wait. That's right. No competition.

# 329 DeuceDouglas @ 09/14/12 10:25 AM
Quote:
Then, why not release the game in September, rather than selling us a buggy, incomplete game that forces us to wait for patches to show up, in which case we collectively hold our breath in hopes that they actually fix gameplay/immersion issues?

Who knows?

Oh wait. That's right. No competition.
Wouldn't they be more likely to delay a release with no competition?

And how much of a difference is there between delaying the release as opposed to releasing a patch? Delaying the release to fix the problems wouldn't accomplish any more than releasing a patch after release.

# 330 Cavicchi @ 09/14/12 10:32 AM
The shocking announcement has shocked me. I am shockingly disappointed.

# 331 OG_McNabb @ 09/14/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
How many people actually play that, I wonder. Since it was first introduced years ago, I've never met one person, in aaaaaaalllll that time, who used fantasy draft. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but they can't possibly be that numerous, can they?
I'm pretty sure it's for the majority of the people that play Online Franchise. It's easier to get people to play if they choose their own players. It's better to do that than be stuck with the Jags, Cardinals etc....

The only time that I have done a fantasy draft was in the only two Online leagues that I joined.

# 332 haloofduty @ 09/14/12 10:45 AM
I thought it was going to be a massive patch for cc both off and online. I thought they meant we were going to be shocked because they were going to release a patch next week to fix everything we complained about. That would have been shocking. But hey fantasy draft

# 333 HARTSTOPPER @ 09/14/12 10:46 AM
They have to release the game in accordance with the exclusive license agreement

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.