Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 callmetaternuts @ 09/13/12 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Are we sure it couldn't be another patch? After all, there could have been another one in the works that we just didn't know about. If that's true then who knows what the fixes could be.

Also, a surprise patch that fixes 32 team control, player editing and whatever else would qualify as totally shocking.
It could be this.

Though, based on the wording it's CCM specific and will be pushed out about a week from the announcement. This has all the trappings of being player editing (which is a good thing, just overhyped from EA).

I'd be shocked to learn they fixed accel clock, injuries stick, schemes work etc.

# 62 ABR173rd @ 09/13/12 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
that would be pretty shocking for them to be able to do that so quickly.
In one of the excerpts I'm pretty sure it says the news will be dropped today or tomorrow. Followed by the addition should be ready by next week. I'm assuming that means ready in terms of Sony/ Microsoft verification but who knows.

# 63 pistolpete @ 09/13/12 03:21 PM
I'd take Gus Johnson at this point.

# 64 DJ @ 09/13/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Hopefully it means an all-encompassing patch that gets offline CCM up to snuff and includes editing - and that it will be out next week.

That would be shocking to me.
Agreed, LowerWolf. Not going to hold my breath, but we can hope, right?

Editing rosters won't really mean much for me if the core Offline CCM issues still aren't addressed.

# 65 statum71 @ 09/13/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Haven't seen anyone mention or consider that it could be "multi-player (hopefully up to 32 team control) CCM from the same console"... I believe that's one of, if not the biggest shortcoming of CCM.
I'm with you 100%

Doubt it though. Probably something that won't interest me much. Some new legend or something I'll never use.

# 66 statum71 @ 09/13/12 03:26 PM
I keep seeing guys posting stuff about "fix this, fix that."

I don't even think EA would call a patch a so-called shocking announcement. Despite what you may think of 'em.

# 67 crpav @ 09/13/12 03:27 PM
Maybe they are adding Madden back as an announcer......seriously I only hope for game play fixes. Anything else is just extra and in fact I probably won't touch.

# 68 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 03:33 PM
Based on him specifically addressing CCM players, I'd say that rules out any MUT changes.

Can you imagine the outrage if it isn't player editing? Haha this place will be on fire with posts.

# 69 tarantism @ 09/13/12 03:34 PM
32 team control would kill several birds with one stone, more than player editing would honestly. Think of all of the problems that could be fixed with 32 team control...not least of which would be game plans. Trying not to get my hopes up, though.

That being said I will proceed to get my hopes up that we get 32 team control next week and then player editing next patch...

# 70 ramspeedkill @ 09/13/12 03:35 PM
ability to choose CPU's unis on ccm !!

# 71 exposedaking @ 09/13/12 03:36 PM
Maybe they're bringing back franchise mode....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 72 TheBleedingRed21 @ 09/13/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
Maybe they're bringing back franchise mode....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
CCM is franchise? If it had player editing, fantasy draft, and player imports, no one would be saying this.

CCM is so much deeper than franchise mode ever was.

Player editing is a big missing piece, the fantasy draft and player importing was such a joke. It was a broken feature and instead of rushing it into the new mode, they are trying to fix the many, MANY faults.

I am excited to see the reveal. I just want the core components fixed that are holding this game back from being great.

# 73 SickDL @ 09/13/12 03:42 PM
Eigther fantasy draft, editing or a big patch fixing all the probs with cc and slider.

But more realistic ea wise something lame.

# 74 RandyBass @ 09/13/12 03:43 PM
"Shock" worthy?

I will only be shocked if people's inflated hopes aren't let down.

# 75 shadowman @ 09/13/12 03:45 PM
Maybe it's the ability to use custom playbooks in all modes.

# 76 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
CCM is franchise? If it had player editing, fantasy draft, and player imports, no one would be saying this.

CCM is so much deeper than franchise mode ever was.

Player editing is a big missing piece, the fantasy draft and player importing was such a joke. It was a broken feature and instead of rushing it into the new mode, they are trying to fix the many, MANY faults.

I am excited to see the reveal. I just want the core components fixed that are holding this game back from being great.
Completely agree with you. I also wouldn't mind a bit more definitive of a time for when they are making said announcement. Don't see how it can be so close yet they don't have a better estimate than sometime today or tomorrow (kind of like the CCM roster update for "early" this week lol).

# 77 T5063 @ 09/13/12 03:48 PM
There will be no more patches for Madden 13, starting immediately!!That would be shocking given that they said there'd be more post release support for this game.

Honestly, I'm not even going to speculate what its going to be given that I've been falling for the Madden Hype year in and year out. I just hope its not something frivolous like Brett Farve added as a legend or further changes to gameface.

I'm just going to wait patiently and hopefully be pleasantly surprised when they make the announcement.

# 78 slingblade73 @ 09/13/12 03:49 PM
Position changes at least.

# 79 cuttingteeth @ 09/13/12 03:49 PM
Actually, editing would cure many things:

Fix all ratings how you want them instead of worrying if Donny and co. get even remotely close.

Fix all equipment issues.

Fix all wrong/multiple jersey #'s.

Fix all wrong names.

Create breakout/star players on the fly and set all equip/ratings accordingly.

Change all names/ratings/equip/etc. of incoming draft classes to reflect true counterparts.

But, as far as truly shocking....I just thought of this....what if it's Teambuilder and for 32 teams?

# 80 SloeyEZ @ 09/13/12 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
Maybe it's the ability to use custom playbooks in all modes.
omgYES then at least i could make my 3-4 man based defense reflect my team philosophy ... ... ...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.