Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jbd345 @ 09/13/12 05:03 PM
I just hope it's not for Gameface or Kinect, but knowing EAs track record with hype..it probably will be.

# 102 Elway7 @ 09/13/12 05:08 PM
They've seen the light and decided to bring in the development team from 2k sports to bail them out.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

# 103 tarantism @ 09/13/12 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway7
They've seen the light and decided to bring in the development team from 2k sports to bail them out.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
You sir get -15 internets.

# 104 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
You sir get -15 internets.
negative 15 internets? So he is punished?
While I dislike the 2k fanboyism as much as the next poster docking him 15 internets seems a bit harsh.

# 105 tarantism @ 09/13/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
negative 15 internets? So he is punished?
While I dislike the 2k fanboyism as much as the next poster docking him 15 internets seems a bit harsh.
Maybe you're right. I was originally going to get him -5. Perhaps that would be more appropriate

# 106 inchez34 @ 09/13/12 05:17 PM
The news probably isn't as shocking as Looman is making it so I'm not getting my hopes up about anything.

# 107 msdm27 @ 09/13/12 05:21 PM
Just one thought... I hope they're aware of all the chaos and complaining going on by gamers about the state of CCM.... WHY IN THE WORLD! would they set themselves up for heavy criticism by announcing, or letting another site announce it as a "SHOCKING" addition/change/fix... why not just announce they'll be adding something to the game and then let the fans/gamers be surprised and be their own judges...

# 108 steamboat @ 09/13/12 05:36 PM
It was a bad PR move to say the word "shocking" because even if it is shocking to half of us, and great for 3/4 of us it will still piss off people.

# 109 Zodiac25 @ 09/13/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
hopefully it's windsocks for the goal posts
They can't even get the wind right

# 110 jus chillin24 @ 09/13/12 05:47 PM
how about a patch that puts in coop franchise?? Or better yet how about a pach that puts a whole new game out there?!! This is crazy that we have to put up with this bad game in the year 2012. Get it right already!!!!

# 111 inkcil @ 09/13/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker
I want to export my college players!
While I'm not quite sure what a "sleave" is, lol...I am sure what the word Shock means.

Shock isn't a word used to describe when you give someone something that people are already asking for, expecting, clamoring over (i.e. roster editing). Shock is "to surprise with horror, terror or disgust" (thanks alot Webster's). Lol.

I predict it won't be roster editing, or improved AI, thus "shock" might be the appropriate term after all.

Boy would I looooove to be wrong on this one.

# 112 KrUsHeR @ 09/13/12 05:49 PM
I think the big shocking announcement will be:

Madden 13 1/2 - featuring a fully functioning franchise mode, where you can start with a fantasy draft and actually get to control your franchise's roster.

# 113 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/13/12 05:51 PM
This is going to be a tough wait.

Cue the Jeopardy music...

# 114 ChicagoChris @ 09/13/12 05:54 PM
Let's see...

They figured out a way to make the penalty sliders work?

# 115 baccVols @ 09/13/12 05:55 PM
recall???????????

# 116 BetterCallSaul @ 09/13/12 05:57 PM
Maybe the announcement will be that I'll start a CCM where Jeremy Shockey doesn't sign with the Raiders. That would legitimately shock me, because then something different would be happening.

# 117 SmashMan @ 09/13/12 05:58 PM
I'm most intrigued by the wording used by Ripten, saying that Josh and the team weren't sure if it could be done "in time".

In time for what...? Madden 13's lifespan? Coinciding with something in real life?

I'd guess it's something tuner-related based on their hopes to have this out within a week of announcing, unless they were working on almost simultaneous patches.

They've shot down fantasy drafts for CC, and are already on the record saying that they're looking into editing. Though I don't know if I'd consider anything like that shocking at this point. What would be considered shocking?

Interesting.

# 118 DeuceDouglas @ 09/13/12 05:59 PM
I can't remember the word used to describe the June 4th reveal but I think it was monumental. This time it's shocking. They're big PR words to create a buzz. It's going to be really hard to "shock" me with anything they reveal.

That being said, something I could see it being is the ability to create our own rosters to take into CCM. Whether it's via website or in-game, I could see us being given access to creating our own CCM roster file to be used in game which would include editing and the likes. It's not really shocking, but it's something we weren't allowed to do before which means they could consider it a shocking reveal.

# 119 KrUsHeR @ 09/13/12 05:59 PM
I think it is going to be something more along the lines of a mobile app or website relating to CCM. Fixing problems/adding features like player editing and fantasy draft would not likely be considered shocking by users or the developers.

# 120 BobbyColtrane @ 09/13/12 06:01 PM
Brett Favre unretires in CCM.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.