Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SoxFan01605 @ 09/13/12 06:07 PM
I'm not sure I'd be "shocked" by basic editing, but if they found a way to make CCM be able to use custom rosters and allow for full in-CCM editing, I'll be shocked...and pleased. That's not to look down on EA adding basic editing (any addition is a positive), of course. It just doesn't hold the same weight or hype on it's own IMO, is all.

# 122 aussieBKR @ 09/13/12 06:10 PM
prob b something lame like game body to go with your game face

# 123 OG_McNabb @ 09/13/12 06:11 PM
Finally announce WTH the "Live Ticker" is, which was listed on thier Website in the game details. I don't have game but I have yet to have someone tell me what it is.

Legends can be used in CCM.

Large quick patch.

# 124 OG_McNabb @ 09/13/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Just one thought... I hope they're aware of all the chaos and complaining going on by gamers about the state of CCM.... WHY IN THE WORLD! would they set themselves up for heavy criticism by announcing, or letting another site announce it as a "SHOCKING" addition/change/fix... why not just announce they'll be adding something to the game and then let the fans/gamers be surprised and be their own judges...
Maybe they added Jay-Z like 2K did. They made a BIG DEAL about that announcement. Alot of people were disappointed because it was over-hyped.

# 125 ABR173rd @ 09/13/12 06:17 PM
If it isn't player editing I would be shocked, that being said I would imagine it has to come in patch form. If thats the case I'm hoping the CPU slider issue in CCM is fixed/tuned so I can start a meaningful CCM.

# 126 eF 5ive @ 09/13/12 06:23 PM
It's going to be some sort of corny DLC.

# 127 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
If it isn't player editing I would be shocked, that being said I would imaging it has to come in patch form. If thats the case I'm hoping the CPU slider issue in CCM is fixed/tuned so I can start a meaningful CCM.
It is almost certainly not anything like the slider issue being fixed. Read the op. A "shock" worthy announcement on something that they didn't think they could get done in time?? They would not make an announcement over fixing a bug.

# 128 BenGerman @ 09/13/12 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
If it isn't player editing I would be shocked, that being said I would imaging it has to come in patch form. If thats the case I'm hoping the CPU slider issue in CCM is fixed/tuned so I can start a meaningful CCM.
I like your thinking. I'm hoping they announce tonight.

My main concerns are:

1) A struggling CPU run game on anything other than default. For whatever reason, if I start moving those sliders around, the CPU goes back to not being able to run.

2) Make sure the backup HB is getting carries. Nothing looks worse than when a back has 40+ carries in the first week of the season.

3) Improve AI overall. Small things like having the CPU QB make quicker throws and improving late game playcalling would be fantastic.

4) Make sure CPU is using accurate pass/run playcalling. In my last few games it appears to be fixed, but EA hasn't listed anything about it. Almost every team favors the pass over the run now, and some are as much as 65-35.

# 129 ImaGamer_OS @ 09/13/12 06:26 PM
Thanks for the update. Like 99% of us, I am hoping CCM Roster Editing has been patched in.

I might be able to start my CCM!

# 130 ImaGamer_OS @ 09/13/12 06:27 PM
Is NCAA Import drawing a long bow here?

# 131 mjh91 @ 09/13/12 06:28 PM
I hope it's player editing. I just have the feeling it isn't.

# 132 llcmac @ 09/13/12 06:35 PM
I am rather sick of companies and their surprises...mostly cause none of them have been worthy. Most of the time I say something along the lines of "Are you ****ing kidding me?"

2k's "Biggest announcement in franchise history" being that Jay Z helped with the game was underwhelming enough.

We should take bets on what it is going to be.

# 133 KingV2k3 @ 09/13/12 06:37 PM
I'd be happy to regain as much "user control" as possible...

My remaining issues with this title are all based in aspects of the game that we used to be able to fix ourselves...

Thanks, EA!

# 134 mva5580 @ 09/13/12 06:41 PM
Is it pretty safe to say that this "shock worthy" announcement will be adding in a feature that's been in many previous Madden games?

No genre gets more of a pass than sports games when it comes to putting blatantly obvious things into the game.

"We improved the passing game!" GEE THANKS.

# 135 Earl1963 @ 09/13/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieBKR
prob b something lame like game body to go with your game face
I would cry, because I don't have a football player type body.

# 136 LionsFanNJ @ 09/13/12 06:56 PM
If it actually IS player editing AND allowing custom user playbooks in CCM. I may pick up a copy of Madden on PS3. If not, I'll keep looking toward what 14 will bring me

Actually probably will still not buy until I read from you guys sliders actually work in CCM.

# 137 ABR173rd @ 09/13/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It is almost certainly not anything like the slider issue being fixed. Read the op. A "shock" worthy announcement on something that they didn't think they could get done in time?? They would not make an announcement over fixing a bug.
GG, you misread my post. I have no doubt that it is player editing- my point is- it will have to be patched in. According to Steve's post the info will be put out tonight or tomorrow night and whatever the announcement is we should have access to it within a week.

My point was if it is player editing and we get it patched in next week, I'm hoping there are other fixes accompanied within the patch. Obviously based on prior experience this is a huge stretch, but wishful thinking none the less.

# 138 statum71 @ 09/13/12 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
Maybe they added Jay-Z like 2K did. They made a BIG DEAL about that announcement. Alot of people were disappointed because it was over-hyped.

Sure the heck was. I couldn't care less who helped with the soundtrack.

That's a sidenote....not a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT."

# 139 statum71 @ 09/13/12 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
if they add the ability to play other team's games and player editing then i'll pick up the game. I don't want to have to play as 1 team the entire time, i like to play games with other teams.
Join the club. Except I already have it.

But this one team stuff is so so wack.

# 140 Reggie16 @ 09/13/12 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Shocking would be if they fire Donny Moore and build up the hype for it.
hahaha i lold

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.