Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

While the NBA Live 13 trailer shows the game in action, according to Kotaku, it might be the last we see of it, for quite some time.

Quote:
Questioned by Kotaku, an EA Sports spokesman refused to discuss release format, time frame, or the game's anticipated feature set. Asked why this series, which has been off shelves for three years, couldn't hit an Oct. 2 release date with a 70-man team in place for a year, he said:

"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 09/13/12 04:38 PM
Ooohh...SWEAT!! Lol. The sweat is on again but I hope it's at least progressive, this time.

Gotta see this on my laptop when I get home but, stiff looking animations and paddle hands are back, too. Nice....

# 22 Jakeness23 @ 09/13/12 04:39 PM
Some of the dunks looked okay, at least I thought so. Player faces look pretty good. Their accessories I will say are far superior to 2K's.

If 2K could finally upgrade their art, i.e. accessories, home/away, high def shoes, jersey fit, CAP, etc., then EA would literally have nothing better than them.

# 23 scottyp180 @ 09/13/12 04:42 PM
This actually looked better than I expected and if the game is indeed a $20 dl then it might not be half bad considering the price. I'm kinda curious why ea would release a trailer for a game that not only has no release date but also seems to need more time being developed (based in what ea said). I'm hoping tht ea spends a little more time on this and doesn't try to rush the game just to release something.

# 24 swac07 @ 09/13/12 04:43 PM
player faces are good...i dont like the way it looks as a whole though..

If you are going to post a sizzle trailer don't have D Howard's arm going through the net BAD EA!!

[pic courtesy of Steve via twitter]

# 25 richmo @ 09/13/12 04:47 PM
After all this time, after all the years of Live having piss poor animation, how the **** is it that they STILL don't get this right? I'm not developer but 2k seems to do this so well. It's like they're not even bringing actual players in for mo-cap or something. It's really hilarious but just sad more than anything, because I really want this franchise to do well so I can have two basketball games to occupy myself with.

# 26 jbthegreat @ 09/13/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
wow.... player faces all looked accurate and honestly better than 2k's..... accessories are done correctly, something 2k refuses to do right, but of course live uses cinematic cut scenes so hard to tell if this is actual game play or not. not bad... wouldn't mind getting it just to have considering i grew up on live, but 2k is just a superior game. and if 2k finally implements accessory color options for home and away and accurately depict player faces and add EVERY players tattoos, (including rookies and leg tattoos) live is done. cause honestly thats the only thing 2k slacks in is the little things like that.
Lol the littel things what about the big things

# 27 cavsfan2 @ 09/13/12 04:49 PM
Only positive I can say is that there is alot of kyrie in this trailer.

# 28 miraiii @ 09/13/12 04:49 PM
im pretty much shock atm...this game looks aweful...its like jameer nelsons body model looks like a stick-figure...

the thing thab boggles my mind the most: Why doesnt EA focus on developing next gen Tech (engine, physics, gameplay) and scratch their current Gen basektball efforts...im not in love with 2k....but from the footage so far they wont be able to compete until 2013-14 at best....so why not try to be the best Sim right out of the next Gen gate? Anybody agrees or am i just stunned out of my mind by this trailer?

# 29 Championships @ 09/13/12 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
After all this time, after all the years of Live having piss poor animation, how the **** is it that they STILL don't get this right? I'm not developer but 2k seems to do this so well. It's like they're not even bringing actual players in for mo-cap or something. It's really hilarious but just sad more than anything, because I really want this franchise to do well so I can have two basketball games to occupy myself with.
This was just a trailer chill mate lol.

# 30 fitzgerald434 @ 09/13/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
That's one thing I dont get, people say 2k's animations are great but that's just yet when you play 2k your constantly getting stuck in animations

# 31 statum71 @ 09/13/12 04:51 PM
Never seen a game be destroyed so badly by another game.

And I'm not talking about game quality.

# 32 Drewski @ 09/13/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
player faces are good...i dont like the way it looks as a whole though..

If you are going to post a sizzle trailer don't have D Howard's arm going through the net BAD EA!!

[pic courtesy of Steve via twitter]
Look at the screen caps of CP3, JR Smith, and Paul Pierce and tell me faces look good. I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 33 swac07 @ 09/13/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Look at the screen caps of CP3 and Paul Pierce and tell me faces look good. I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

lol that was the ONLY positive I could think of

# 34 kpax1º1 @ 09/13/12 04:55 PM
I'm really trying to find something positive from that video.... But I can't.

# 35 cmebfresh @ 09/13/12 04:57 PM
everybody has the same body type. i like theres no generic shoes. but poor poor EA sports

# 36 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 04:57 PM
wow...that was pretty horrible.

# 37 nova91 @ 09/13/12 04:58 PM
Better than expected is all I can say right now.

But this:
Quote:
"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."
sounds like excuses to me and causes me even more concern for the fate of the Live franchise if this version doesn't succeed.

# 38 SwagDoc101 @ 09/13/12 04:58 PM
i can spend all day pointing out whats wrong with this game but i wont. Only thing i will say is just because you pour syrup on sh11t doesnt make it pancakes

# 39 RocketTMac1 @ 09/13/12 05:00 PM
Claymation Christmas Carol looks better than this lol

# 40 rudenwoydreamin @ 09/13/12 05:03 PM
Nice trailer, I'd buy it. Somebody should do a trailer brake down

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.