Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

While the NBA Live 13 trailer shows the game in action, according to Kotaku, it might be the last we see of it, for quite some time.

Quote:
Questioned by Kotaku, an EA Sports spokesman refused to discuss release format, time frame, or the game's anticipated feature set. Asked why this series, which has been off shelves for three years, couldn't hit an Oct. 2 release date with a 70-man team in place for a year, he said:

"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ObviousHater @ 09/13/12 07:55 PM
A still shot of moving facial expressions really doesnt justify anything

# 122 Phreezy P @ 09/13/12 07:57 PM
EA in Live 10 had some good proportioned body models, better than 2k in that perspective. Now they're shoulders are 10 times bigger than 2k's.

# 123 barimanlhs @ 09/13/12 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
You guys are bugging! That trailer was great. Please take off the 2k glasses guys. The player faces look great. Just because they go a different direction in body art doesnt mean its bad. Doesnt 2k have a problem with guys looking way more brolic than they really are and live has a tendency for all the guys to look lean! The hate for this game is comical, untill ea releases gameplay i will save my comments for gameplay
They did release gameplay.....it was terrible

# 124 renewill27 @ 09/13/12 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgerald434
This is getting annoying the game didnt have 2-3 years of development they had less than a year -_-
Ok so can u tell me wat they did the other year they had?

# 125 Retropyro @ 09/13/12 08:00 PM
I think 2K gets more credit and praise then they deserve, but watching this, EA just **** the bed.

# 126 RayDog253 @ 09/13/12 08:06 PM
Wow!?!?!

Faces and lighting look almost next gen, everything else looks last gen. Smh.

# 127 BrianFifaFan @ 09/13/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I just peed meself!!!!!

# 128 Xxstr8xRecklessxX @ 09/13/12 08:10 PM
the good
the player faces
court and intro from the leaked game
n music

the bad
you just saw people dunk n faces nun new on the trailer to convice u to buy it

overall: its a start for EA n its better than nothing for EA fans......right?

# 129 barimanlhs @ 09/13/12 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxstr8xRecklessxX
the good
the player faces
court and intro from the leaked game
n music

the bad
you just saw people dunk n faces nun new on the trailer to convice u to buy it

overall: its a start for EA n its better than nothing for EA fans......right?
Add to the fact that it was the same dunk...

What happened to this franchise?

# 130 eDotd @ 09/13/12 08:19 PM
Elite actually had a marketing campaign, released several trailers, developer diaries, a demo, the game was actually published and it STILL got canceled.

I don't see why a game that has basically put $0 (so far, at least) behind marketing and has only released ONE trailer couldn't suffer the same fate.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

# 131 jersez @ 09/13/12 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I think 2K gets more credit and praise then they deserve, but watching this, EA just **** the bed.
So your mad that 2k gets praised???

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
This trailer tried to mask what we already know is horrible gameplay. We saw no detailed dribble moves with defenders, no alley opps, and no jumpshots seen going through the net.

This trailer was just closeups(or replays) of some of Live's dunk animations and layups. And also passes to no one in particular. A lot of hiding in that trailer and I'm not fooled.

I also didn't like the player models or the textures. The faces look detailed, but like all sports games some will be hit or miss in accuracy.

And lastly, DELAYED INDEFINITELY? Wow. That's just a shame after almost 3 years.

Exactly, I thought the something. It was more of look at the 100 hours of facial work" type of trailer. Nothing that we can analysis to see if it was different that that "pre-alpha" gameplay. It was a lot of hiding in this trailer.

# 132 TheShizNo1 @ 09/13/12 08:22 PM
Is this like the new NBA JAM? I don't think I saw any more than five guys in a clip the whole video.

# 133 youvalss @ 09/13/12 08:24 PM
EA made Live 07 look better than Live 10, in the trailers. To me, Live 13 doesn't look as good as that. So what does it say about 13?

Live 13, Basketball on Mars.

PS: Don't fool yourself with the cutscenes. Go to the gameplay video and compare the cutscene graphic quality to the gameplay. Doesn't even look like the same game.

# 134 Rain816 @ 09/13/12 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

smdh ea....smdh

# 135 nova91 @ 09/13/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
This is getting annoying the game didnt have 2-3 years of development they had less than a year -_-
EA has had almost 2 years from the cancellation of Elite until now. If they were only able to use less than a year of that time, that is a lack of time management on EAs part and there is really no excuse for that.

# 136 youvalss @ 09/13/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
1 year, 3 years, 5 years...doesn't really matter.

# 137 Sneakurs @ 09/13/12 08:31 PM
Yikes. So its not even going to be up for download?

# 138 Vni @ 09/13/12 08:33 PM
Looks incredibly old.

# 139 youvalss @ 09/13/12 08:39 PM
Why? The gave Live 08 and 09 pretty low scores.

# 140 RayDog253 @ 09/13/12 08:41 PM
I actually like the TRAILER.... But that doesn't mean the game will be any good.

Dirk has his sig fade away, but thats about all they showed as far as sig stuff. The lay ups look too floaty and not fluid enough, dunks looked decent.

Jerseys had no movement or animation to them. It's not looking all that great for Nba Live, I woldn't be surprised if it's cancelled again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.