Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

While the NBA Live 13 trailer shows the game in action, according to Kotaku, it might be the last we see of it, for quite some time.

Quote:
Questioned by Kotaku, an EA Sports spokesman refused to discuss release format, time frame, or the game's anticipated feature set. Asked why this series, which has been off shelves for three years, couldn't hit an Oct. 2 release date with a 70-man team in place for a year, he said:

"We're not going to get into that level of detail with this announcement. In early April, you saw where we were with this project and how ambitious it was, that they had to take down the code of Elite and rebuild it. Its easy to surmise that also took time, in the development cycle, to get the whole thing up to speed. It was an ambitious project and it is a challenging game to create."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SavoyPrime @ 09/13/12 08:41 PM
Who at EA thought it was a good idea to release this trailer? Did they not see the 2K13 trailer? The player faces look good, but the plastic-look of the players and just about everything else about the game just looks ***.

# 142 jebediah @ 09/13/12 08:43 PM
NBA Live, Elite whatever you want to call it... Garbage. Was a fan of Live before 2K started dominating. Always keep tabs on Live, but this is Garbage. Of you ask me, this is what EA sports deserves for taking NFL 2K away from Gamers. But eventually 2K will be back in the football business, as for Live/Elite it looks hopeless. They are so far behind 2K it's not even funny! EA should focus on Fifa & NHL & leave Basketball & Football to 2K!

# 143 magicman32 @ 09/13/12 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgerald434
This is getting annoying the game didnt have 2-3 years of development they had less than a year -_-
That's irrelevant. They haven't come out with a game in almost 3 years. And this one will be delayed. SMH. You can miss me with the development excuse.

# 144 btrapp @ 09/13/12 08:49 PM
Wow. Can anyone explain why the players shoulders are so big and lumpy? They look like camels with misplaced humps.

# 145 Glenn33 @ 09/13/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Time to face it.........

Basketball just isn't their sport. 2k has owned basketball. Sony has all but mastered baseball.

EA's specialty is Soccer and Hockey now days. Period.
This about says it all.

# 146 youvalss @ 09/13/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
Wow. Can anyone explain why the players shoulders are so big and lumpy? They look like camels with misplaced humps.
We're not supposed to talk about it...

Spoiler

# 147 bxphenom7 @ 09/13/12 09:08 PM
player faces are good, better than 2k. but the animations seem exaggerated and stiff so i feel gameplay won't be fun. at least the silence is broken, but 2k all the way right now.

# 148 barimanlhs @ 09/13/12 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
player faces are good, better than 2k. but the animations seem exaggerated and stiff so i feel gameplay won't be fun. at least the silence is broken, but 2k all the way right now.
Oddly enough this is something that could benefit EA. Its apparent that they cant make a simulation basketball game. Why not at least try to make it exaggerated...it could be a selling point. Idk just throwing stuff out there

# 149 TreyIM2 @ 09/13/12 09:24 PM
Ok, watch the vid a few more times but this time on my laptop instead of my phone - The faces look pretty good, actually. I hope they have progressive sweat tech instead of that constant greasy look they had in Live 10 from tip off...
I liked when Kyrie Irving that shot and his mouth opened up like, " UNNH!" They must have some good, facial animation tech. That was the best part of the vid to me, actually. The rest was pretty much whatever. They look like they move stiff like previous Live's. Damn shame, I tell ya....

# 150 LionsFanNJ @ 09/13/12 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgerald434
This is getting annoying the game didnt have 2-3 years of development they had less than a year -_-
Well then that makes it infinitely worse. That means not only did the devs **** the bed but management **** the bed as well farting around for two years doing nothing figuring out what to do. A gigantic screw up all the way from the top, which I'm sure is going to continue.

# 151 robbie24 @ 09/13/12 09:34 PM
Faces looked excellent! Bodies looked terrible! They all look like Gumby. Kind of impossible to make a call without any gameplay shown.

# 152 P-Dub @ 09/13/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
A still shot of moving facial expressions really doesnt justify anything
Especially when they show a blank face in motion of Carmelo Anthony dunking like he doesn't care.

# 153 scatman @ 09/13/12 09:41 PM
OMG....... This looks disgusting *some faces are nice but the movement is triddash. If you seen this game in still shots you would think they had something. SMFH shame you EA for wasting consumers time with this.*

# 154 coolcras7 @ 09/13/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Oddly enough this is something that could benefit EA. Its apparent that they cant make a simulation basketball game. Why not at least try to make it exaggerated...it could be a selling point. Idk just throwing stuff out there
Keep throwing because that statement is not sticking

# 155 NBASLAM2001 @ 09/13/12 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Man, if Sony had kept going they could have rivaled 2K for the NBA throne. If this is what it looked like in '09 imagine what it would look like now.
2K9 looked much better IMO even then.

# 156 alexthegreat @ 09/13/12 09:46 PM

# 157 catfish9-5 @ 09/13/12 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
Especially when they show a blank face in motion of Carmelo Anthony dunking like he doesn't care.
To me that's pretty accurate.

# 158 barimanlhs @ 09/13/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Keep throwing because that statement is not sticking
Lmao Im just trying to make something....anything positive about this "basketball" game. If you cant properly do simulation, make it arcade and embrace it. Now that doesnt mean it has to be NBA Street arcade, but a fast paced, high scoring affair. At least it is a reasonable direction

# 159 RandomPerson @ 09/13/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousHater
You guys are bugging! That trailer was great. Please take off the 2k glasses guys. The player faces look great. Just because they go a different direction in body art doesnt mean its bad. Doesnt 2k have a problem with guys looking way more brolic than they really are and live has a tendency for all the guys to look lean! The hate for this game is comical, untill ea releases gameplay i will save my comments for gameplay
Compare this to the official 2K13 trailer...yeah, not even close. NBA Live looks like a PS2 game in comparison.

I'm not a 2K homer, but that's just the way it is.

# 160 nova91 @ 09/13/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
2K9 looked much better IMO even then.

I said that because, what was it like Sony's 3rd game of the series. That was really good compared to a series that had been out for nearly 10 years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.