Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has confirmed Madden NFL 13 online fantasy drafts will arrive tomorrow, in a server side fix for online users. While it's not the editing in CCM most of us were looking for, it is something the community has asked for.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kjjnesb @ 09/13/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Guys i can say im about 90% sure that EA will add fantasy draft for offline too. I cant say 100% bc its EA but i think it gets done
I think so as well just gotta wait for that Microsoft patch certification which honestly should be shorter for sports games they have a short shelf life.

# 42 JimmyT85 @ 09/13/12 09:09 PM
Have any of you thought they it may just be online FOR NOW, as they can roll out online updates WITHOUT having to release a patch?

My bet is that Offline CCM Fantasy Draft will be in the next title update

# 43 BA2929 @ 09/13/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
You are completely missing the point. If you played offline you would understand. Either way I can't believe you can sit here and blindly defend this.
EA didn't set out to screw over the offline player, so I don't even know why you're even saying that. Also, are you even 100% certain they're not going to release this to the offline player? This is a SERVER SIDE UPDATE. Something they can push out without the approval of Sony or Microsoft. There's a possibility that they add this to their patch whenever that's released. If they do that, then this entire argument is moot.

# 44 ripp1p @ 09/13/12 09:19 PM
This sucks I don't want to play online, I don't want to play against other people. I enjoy playing against the AI and I can't play at my pace when I want. Not having to play against some ******* who is cheesing. I like to play offline the sliders I like, the trades I like, and big have to make other league players happy. I hope to God 2k comes out with a game it will be so much better than madden after 1 try, not this bull crap ea makes us deal with by taking stuff out one yr then putting it back and say look what we added!!!!!

# 45 SickDL @ 09/13/12 09:19 PM
Yes we can have a fantasy draft in a broken mode. Joepie

# 46 BA2929 @ 09/13/12 09:20 PM
Quote:
..........Okay just because they didn't set out to screw over the offline player doesn't mean that didn't do just that...... Stop being blind....
So they're punishing you because they screwed something up unintentionally? Pick a new word other than "punishing" and I might agree with you.

And stop saying I'm being blind. My eyes are quite open to the issues with Madden, both online and off.

Once again, if this draft comes out in the next patch that has to go through certification, this entire argument is moot.

# 47 kjjnesb @ 09/13/12 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
EA didn't set out to screw over the offline player, so I don't even know why you're even saying that. Also, are you even 100% certain they're not going to release this to the offline player? This is a SERVER SIDE UPDATE. Something they can push out without the approval of Sony or Microsoft. There's a possibility that they add this to their patch whenever that's released.
Idk I wouldn't be shocked if EA was kinda lax on testing CC on both sides knowing that they could push a server side up date for any online bugs or kinks and the lack of early patch for some of the more obvious issues in offline kinda lends weight to this

# 48 reMicXz @ 09/13/12 09:26 PM
every time i read something in these threads i get such a good laugh...they listen to you guys and then youre STILL not satisfied. here let me help ease your mind

First XBOX Live is not that expensive. And im sure some of you with this "problem" still havent used the free months that come with your xbox

The reason its coming out for online -first- is because in order to release a game patch it has to clear through Microsoft first. they cant just throw a patch out onto the game. Doing it online they dont have to wait for Microsoft because its on the EAs backend and not published through the Microsoft servers.

Now i pose this question. Would you rather have them give you a little bit now, or make you suffer and complain until they can get the full patch out for both offline and online?

# 49 BA2929 @ 09/13/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Seriously dude? You are being that literally? Come on... It's like you are arguing just to argue....
What will you say if EA gives the offline player everything they've been giving the online player, through the server side updates, in the next patch? Still screwing them over? Still "punishing" them?

# 50 kjjnesb @ 09/13/12 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
every time i read something in these threads i get such a good laugh...they listen to you guys and then youre STILL not satisfied. here let me help ease your mind

First XBOX Live is not that expensive. And im sure some of you with this "problem" still havent used the free months that come with your xbox

The reason its coming out for online -first- is because in order to release a game patch it has to clear through Microsoft first. they cant just throw a patch out onto the game. Doing it online they dont have to wait for Microsoft because its on the EAs backend and not published through the Microsoft servers.

Now i pose this question. Would you rather have them give you a little bit now, or make you suffer and complain until they can get the full patch out for both offline and online?
I think everyone gets the server side updates part but even you have to admit it has to sting for the Online to not only essentially be patched and get a whole new feature but for offline to still have some of issues it has.

# 51 nwfdwill @ 09/13/12 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Have any of you thought they it may just be online FOR NOW, as they can roll out online updates WITHOUT having to release a patch?

My bet is that Offline CCM Fantasy Draft will be in the next title update
I think you nailed that one. I could give a crap about this, but why would they release this on and offline and have issues then have more ppl complaining about how it doesn't work and have to wait for a future patch to fix the problems. Push this out online and correct any issues before dropping it to offline is a smart move on their part.

And yes, I am an offline player, so I'm not on either side of the fence on this one. As I said, I don't really care about the mode, just making a point heh.

# 52 orion523 @ 09/13/12 09:35 PM
Fantasy draft, really? I should have known being that there's a big section in the Madden 13 strategy guide devoted to it. Pathetic.

# 53 BA2929 @ 09/13/12 09:35 PM
Quote:
EA fanboy is that you? But seriously then of course that would make people happy. But they haven't done that so far have they? Until further notice people will complain. You have seen all the issues with this game right? Doesn't seem like it.
Fanboy? No.
A guy that doesn't think a company is out to screw him or someone else over because they're pushing out updates that they don't have to get certified to 75% of the Madden fanbase? Yes.

Just calm down about them punishing you or screwing you over, or whatever you want me to call it, until you get all the facts. There is a time to complain. But that time shouldn't happen until they declare what's in the next patch. If they don't include the fantasy draft and some other fixes for the offline player, then you can complain all you want and I'll even join in with you.

There are issues with this game both offline and on. Heck, some of the online people can't even finish games without EA kicking them off the servers. Since nothing saves, they're out their entire game. So, maybe the online guys are getting screwed over too.

# 54 Gman 18 @ 09/13/12 09:38 PM
Quote:
Sadly you will need Xbox Live.
Well, who doesn't have xbox live? When EA was making this feature they weren't thinking about who has xbox live and who doesn't. 95% of the people have it.

# 55 Gosens6 @ 09/13/12 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Well, who doesn't have xbox live? When EA was making this feature they weren't thinking about who has xbox live and who doesn't. 95% of the people have it.
95% ?? I think your math is a bit off. I know plenty of people who don't have Xbox live because they can't afford internet access.

It's a sad fact, but a reality. What about those people who CAN'T play online, and those of us who choose not to? We just get the short end of the stick?

Obviously.

# 56 kjjnesb @ 09/13/12 09:41 PM
Quote:
Not unreasonable to not have live I currently don't have it because between school starting and the fact that I don't play online I had no reason to renew at least till 2k comes out so I can DL draft classes

# 57 TreFacTor @ 09/13/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
50 million consoles sold...just about half use live gold. Those numbers are even more inflated than EA's claims because every 360 comes with a month of gold (some come with 3)

Still glad to see the fantasy guys get what they wanted...I hope they don't forget about full editing for offline....I can't buy the game till I can fix the minor things myself.

# 58 reMicXz @ 09/13/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I think everyone gets the server side updates part but even you have to admit it has to sting for the Online to not only essentially be patched and get a whole new feature but for offline to still have some of issues it has.
are you sure about that? cause i'm really not thinking so by what im reading. Now while this fantasy draft stuff has never been even the smallest bit important to me as i havent used it in probably over a decade. the thing with online updates is they can control any and everything involving any online feature, if they wanted to and had the coding they could make every player into chickens and turn all the fields into pools. the logical plan of attack here is

release patch online -> find bugs -> tighten up the mode -> release the full in title update.

So you can technically consider whats happening tomorrow a beta for the full patch. Theyll fix what they think needs fixing and work it into the title update accordingly. i have my gripes with the game too its far from perfect, but people have to see at least theyre trying to please which is something thats out of the norm for EA.

and i have zero affiliation with dev teams or anything like that. i have met devs and helped on updates for Gears of War 3 which is why i know how these update situations work. The more you know

# 59 Gman 18 @ 09/13/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Clearly I forgot the word Gold... Stop being a prick...
I don't mean anything bad. I'm just saying so many people have live and EA is giving more to the online community these days. peace.

# 60 Gman 18 @ 09/13/12 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
95% ?? I think your math is a bit off. I know plenty of people who don't have Xbox live because they can't afford internet access.

It's a sad fact, but a reality. What about those people who CAN'T play online, and those of us who choose not to? We just get the short end of the stick?

Obviously.
It's just that so many games for the 360 these days are geared towards online. It used to be how you could go over your friend's house to play. Now, you can do it over xbox live.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.