Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has confirmed Madden NFL 13 online fantasy drafts will arrive tomorrow, in a server side fix for online users. While it's not the editing in CCM most of us were looking for, it is something the community has asked for.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kjjnesb @ 09/13/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
are you sure about that? cause i'm really not thinking so by what im reading. Now while this fantasy draft stuff has never been even the smallest bit important to me as i havent used it in probably over a decade. the thing with online updates is they can control any and everything involving any online feature, if they wanted to and had the coding they could make every player into chickens and turn all the fields into pools. the logical plan of attack here is

release patch online -> find bugs -> tighten up the mode -> release the full in title update.

So you can technically consider whats happening tomorrow a beta for the full patch. Theyll fix what they think needs fixing and work it into the title update accordingly. i have my gripes with the game too its far from perfect, but people have to see at least theyre trying to please which is something thats out of the norm for EA.

and i have zero affiliation with dev teams or anything like that. i have met devs and helped on updates for Gears of War 3 which is why i know how these update situations work. The more you know
From what I understand EA has there own internal testing process so I'm guessing the only step the online patches skip is the Microsoft QA test and what happens with that is a patch for Madden would basically sit in a queue for patches over at Microsoft till they look it over.

I severely doubt EA wouldn't go ahead QA a patch themselves seeing as they could possible ruin many peoples Online CC if they botched so I don't think they'd run the risk of using the mode they consider the future as a test subject

# 62 Gosens6 @ 09/13/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
It's just that so many games for the 360 these days are geared towards online. It used to be how you could go over your friend's house to play. Now, you can do it over xbox live.
Also understandable, but, what about your friend that doesn't have Xbox live? Or what about you and your roommate who want to do an offline CCM together? Or you and your brothers who do franchise mode together in the same house on the same console?

From not being able to edit our players, to schemes not working, to not being able to have your friends/family members play franchise mode with you, offline guys got the short end of the stick this year hands down.

# 63 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:03 PM
I never knew so many people cared about fantasy drafts. What ever happened to playing as your favorite team? If I wanted to play with random players from random teams I would just play MUT. What a boring announcement.

# 64 TreFacTor @ 09/13/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
It's just that so many games for the 360 these days are geared towards online. It used to be how you could go over your friend's house to play. Now, you can do it over xbox live.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...60_video_games

Other than FPS, the majority of the best selling games on 360 are single player oriented games which had multiplayer components. You are over generalizing. Just because internet is at your fingertips and you make friends easily online doesn't mean it's the same with everyone. The mere fact that 30% (2011 census) of the country has no broadband or internet access alone is reason enough for any company to have a fully functioning offline component.

# 65 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:12 PM
To all the people that say that EA does not care about offline you do know you can play a single player online franchise right?

If you get extra benefits to your Madden experience by being connected to the internet then how is that a bad thing?

Playing online does not mean you have to be playing against other people.

As long as the servers are not down there is no reason to not want to play while connected to the internet.

# 66 dpower15 @ 09/13/12 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I never knew so many people cared about fantasy drafts. What ever happened to playing as your favorite team? If I wanted to play with random players from random teams I would just play MUT. What a boring announcement.
Lol agreed. I haven't done a fantasy draft since I was in like 7th grade when I just wanted all the best players on one monster team. Not hating on anyone who uses it, I can see how it might be cool for an online league, just throwing that out there.

# 67 fballturkey @ 09/13/12 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
To all the people that say that EA does not care about offline you do know you can play a single player online franchise right?

If you get extra benefits to your Madden experience by being connected to the internet then how is that a bad thing?

Playing online does not mean you have to be playing against other people.

As long as the servers are not down there is no reason to not want to play while connected to the internet.
Because the first time I lose my connection when I'm up 21-17 in the superbowl my controller is going through my TV.

# 68 leathrneck34 @ 09/13/12 10:27 PM
Thing is and I'm not opposed to moving most of your focus to the online community but, not everyone everywhere has access to the internet. I for one am moving out to the country in about 2 months and I know for a fact because I called all the company's who deliver internet in my area and none reach that far out. So does that mean because I will be living out where the internet cannot reach I can't enjoy Madden anymore once they move to keeping everything on the internet ? It costs a fortune to have a company like windstream or Cox Cable or At&t to run the fiber optic cable to get internet if it's to far away.

That's just me, but I know there are plenty of people in rural areas that do not have internet and to ignore them would be bad.

# 69 fripperiffic @ 09/13/12 10:31 PM
EA pretty much confirmed on Twitter that they will add fantasy draft and possibly editing for offline CCM in the next title update. Just read their tweets.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 09/13/12 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You could just be connected to online and still play by yourself if you want. So it's online but then not really -- you just get the perks of the web site and so on. Or am I wrong here?
Actually its all online. If EA's servers are down....I cant play CCM. If my internet connection is down...cant play ccm. If I dont have Gold...cant play my CCM.

# 71 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Please explain the extra benefits you speak of? A website? Tuners?

I played madden to play madden. I dont need any websites or apps for stats or anything like thAt.

Tuners are no big deal as i can just wait for a patch to drop offline.
You already mentioned the extra benefits. Mainly the turners. If waiting for a patch is more of a benefit to you than I can see why offline is your preference.

# 72 aholbert32 @ 09/13/12 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Looman does not hate the offline crowd. that much i know...if nothing else
Certainly doesnt show it. The majority of features missing from CCM primarily affect offline players.

# 73 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Because the first time I lose my connection when I'm up 21-17 in the superbowl my controller is going through my TV.
I understand that although I don't think the frustration of something like that is worth the cost of a tv or controller.

# 74 TreFacTor @ 09/13/12 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Certainly doesnt show it. The majority of features missing from CCM primarily affect offline players.
Not to mention the missing features would eliminate the need for offline players to wait for a patch.

# 75 aholbert32 @ 09/13/12 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So they're punishing you because they screwed something up unintentionally? Pick a new word other than "punishing" and I might agree with you.

And stop saying I'm being blind. My eyes are quite open to the issues with Madden, both online and off.

Once again, if this draft comes out in the next patch that has to go through certification, this entire argument is moot.
No they screwed up things intentionally. Looman intentionally did not include editing, 32 team franchises and fantasy drafts from CCM. He unintentionally screwed up auto subs, schemes and playbooks.

# 76 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
No they screwed up things intentionally. Looman intentionally did not include editing, 32 team franchises and fantasy drafts from CCM. He unintentionally screwed up auto subs, schemes and playbooks.
I don't really see how editing is an offline only thing,

# 77 SloeyEZ @ 09/13/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
I'd bet anything Looman didn't intentionally do anything of the kind. He knows what a good career mode is, they already did it once ::cough head coach:: and i'm sure his hands are being tied in a lot of ways and hope eventually he will get to do more of what he wants to do.

# 78 berad88 @ 09/13/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
I'd bet anything Looman didn't intentionally do anything of the kind. He knows what a good career mode is, they already did it once ::cough head coach:: and i'm sure his hands are being tied in a lot of ways and hope eventually he will get to do more of what he wants to do.
Now mods are creating conspiracy theories. Just maybe, they were being honest when they said they did not have time to add that other stuff.

# 79 aholbert32 @ 09/13/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
I'd bet anything he did. You know why? He admitted as much during the lead up to the game. He has stated several time that CCM is the future. The old Franchise mode is the past and we need to move on from that. He's stated on Twitter that features like 32 team control and draft class import werent considered necessary for CCM.

# 80 hyacinth1 @ 09/13/12 10:49 PM
little late here but on that screen, it says START SEASON above fantasy. Does that mean we are getting SEASON Mode?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.