Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Hobbyconsolas has posted this NBA 2K13 video presentation they recently had in Spain, with Marc Gasol. There are some short gameplay sequences of the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Colts18 @ 09/14/12 09:41 PM
Boilerbuzz,

Are you complaing about those posters that seem to only want to praise? If not, it isn't fair for you to attack those that you believe only want to criticize.

# 82 ron_bato @ 09/14/12 09:54 PM
i hope the reason rudy gay is able to get by people easily by stringing together a million iso moves is because this is on pro difficulty or something. I'm not seeing this new 'on ball defense' is back mantra that the guys from 2k are talking about.

# 83 Sundown @ 09/14/12 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I expected more out of the physics. In a few instances, defensive players just slide out of the way so the offensive animation plays out. I believe Rudy Gay is plenty capable of finishing on plays like that, but I'd like to see a different outcome for the defender rather than being magically slid out of the way all because an animaion starts.
We've seen this in the first Manu video, with Wade and Lebron in the long Heat/Lakers video, and now with Gay. That's three for four of the promo/official videos featuring any real gameplay. I'm pretty worried.

This type of brute force sliding shouldn't even happen on Pro or Casual. Defenses should just be easier to fake out and get around, or contact shots should be easier. This looks to be a more systemic/collision engine issue and I have a feeling this is going to affect all levels if it's not fixed before release. Might even be the number one complaint for the patch.

# 84 TheKasmar @ 09/14/12 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
We've seen this in the first Manu video, with Wade and Lebron in the long Heat/Lakers video, and now with Gay. That's three for four of the promo/official videos featuring any real gameplay. I'm pretty worried.

This type of brute force sliding shouldn't even happen on Pro or Casual. Defenses should just be easier to fake out and get around, or contact shots should be easier. This looks to be a more systemic/collision engine issue and I have a feeling this is going to affect all levels if it's not fixed before release. Might even be the number one complaint for the patch.
I do have to give some credit on the block at 2:19 and previous videos were contact did play out realistically. Gasol looks like he sild back a little bit, but the block animation kicked in.

Right stick dribbling from users will be a huge change. Even the novice user in the video caught on quickly with the spins and let the animation do its work. If the spins are similar to past 2k games then you know that ball is like a magnet to their hand and isnt coming loose easily.

# 85 shadio5 @ 09/14/12 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

lol the world will go round just like this game. Last game 2k12 the people said it was to hard with no crossovers or inside game, welll now we will get 2k9 all over again. This time in 2k13, 2k will experiment and touch the flashy gameplay once again and hope people wont make adjustments.

lol this game will be a easy game all over again, but I WILL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS regaurdless

VC/2k sports fan

# 86 yungsta404 @ 09/14/12 11:37 PM
im not liking the collision dont tell me its going to be another year of stuff like this

edit: Not me btw

# 87 sactown_13 @ 09/15/12 12:36 AM
good find man. those commentators were really getting into it!! sounded like a soccer broadcast

# 88 J_Posse @ 09/15/12 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
im not liking the collision dont tell me its going to be another year of stuff like this

I'm sorry, but that video is hilarious.

Hopefully, active hands and interceptor signature skills will play a part in eliminating or decreasing such "cheese" tactics. Unfortunately, they are limited in time, budget and technology so everything can't be alleviated or fixed.

# 89 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreezy18
Increased chances of a steal depending on how the dribble was executed. Heavier shot penalty maybe. Rudy Gay did spin into the defender and not around him. Maybe a lack of animation to accommodate for that was the real problem. It was like the spin and following layup just ignored that the defense was right in front of him. They really need to address stuff like that. Other than that though the footage was good.
I think the steal bonus has already been there. Agreed on the animation.

# 90 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/15/12 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLaterCARZ
well dimer is close to floor general and people would debate closer for lebron. im suprised lebron isn't a posterizer instead of interceptor, especially after jumping over lucas III ha
They're actually very different. Floor General makes everyone else on the court better. Dimer only affects certain passes.

As for Closer, yes, people love to label LeBron as a choke-artist. However, the stats actually prove that he is quite clutch.

And, LeBron rarely posterizes people, even though he probably could if he tried. Instead, he will often scoop around or bull through contact, take the hit, and toss it up on the way down for the and-one.

I would, however, add that LeBron should have Microwave, given his tendency to go off for 20 points in a quarter. It would also allow 2K to not have to inflate his jump shot ratings, so that he really only shoots lights out when he's hot.

# 91 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/15/12 02:58 AM
Quote:

dam that was terrible. smh i cant stand people who play the game like that. more spins than wheel of fortune

maybe the dude controlling the spurs should've double teamed blake (L1 on ps3)

# 92 mymannemcee @ 09/15/12 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
They're actually very different. Floor General makes everyone else on the court better. Dimer only affects certain passes.

As for Closer, yes, people love to label LeBron as a choke-artist. However, the stats actually prove that he is quite clutch.

And, LeBron rarely posterizes people, even though he probably could if he tried. Instead, he will often scoop around or bull through contact, take the hit, and toss it up on the way down for the and-one.

I would, however, add that LeBron should have Microwave, given his tendency to go off for 20 points in a quarter. It would also allow 2K to not have to inflate his jump shot ratings, so that he really only shoots lights out when he's hot.
Well, he doesn't really get hot after two shots and it's automatically raining a bunch of shots...despite what anyone can post through a YouTube highlights link, sometimes he'll do a weird heat check shot that's completely odd.

Finisher should be A+ guaranteed due to the fact that LeBron rarely seeks to slam over people and embarrass. For the past few years he has found an affinity with going through pressure and finishing for a lay up, that's his forte.

Chase Down Artist, Lockdown Defender...both given.

I would have preferred Floor General over Dimer due to the fact that LeBron has high tendencies of telling people where to move, where to specifically set a screen and where to spot up for a shot. You clearly see people following his lead through his offensive mindset. However, I guess Dimer can work. This could probably make a bounce pass to Chalmers or Battier off the break very deadly if shot at the right moment. No need to discuss how well it would effect Wade or Bosh, I'm sure it would.

Interceptor is alright, I guess it could work as his fifth skill. I wouldn't want LeBron with Closer at all; despite the fact that his clutch factor is very skewed and blown way out of proportion, I would rather it go to Wade if Miami has anyone with a Closer signature skill.

# 93 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Boilerbuzz,

Are you complaing about those posters that seem to only want to praise? If not, it isn't fair for you to attack those that you believe only want to criticize.
You're right. It wouldn't be fair. But, I didn't attack anyone. If you feel I did, then we will agree to disagree and move on. Fair enough?

# 94 Goffs @ 09/15/12 08:08 AM
Quote:

I really really HATE how steals are done in this game....I really think that 2k should tinker more in the live ball concept. Especially in the post up area where I would send a guard to help strip the ball but instead he ends up grasping air. If I remember correctly one of the earlier 2k's had this area right. You can strip the ball quickly from the post up player thus forcing the guy posting up to make a move to either pass out or make a post move.

Next year they should dabble in the live ball physics area....I think with this implemented it should force the player to play even smarter.

# 95 fat_jed @ 09/15/12 08:38 AM
i really dont know why OKC always have white socks and white shoes when they're away... they always seem to have to patch it in a roster update. Its a small thing but those little things really irk me

# 96 Eman5805 @ 09/15/12 09:40 AM
My own personal experience tells me that the live ball concept only really applies to when the user does the push ahead animation. And that's it. It doesn't apply to the ball in the post, the CPU in any context unless they're shooting and the blocking animation puts your hand in front of them instead of randomly jumping to the side.

# 97 blues rocker @ 09/15/12 10:10 AM
Quote:

ugh...garbage like that ^^^ is why i completely avoided playing online in 2k12. unfortunately, from the 2k13 vids i've seen, the spin move still looks like an unstoppable animation with no branch points for contact.

# 98 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I really really HATE how steals are done in this game....I really think that 2k should tinker more in the live ball concept. Especially in the post up area where I would send a guard to help strip the ball but instead he ends up grasping air. If I remember correctly one of the earlier 2k's had this area right. You can strip the ball quickly from the post up player thus forcing the guy posting up to make a move to either pass out or make a post move.

Next year they should dabble in the live ball physics area....I think with this implemented it should force the player to play even smarter.
They did dabble in it and folks complained about too many loose ball. So I ask, if you do this, how do you keep steals at a realistic level? People hate automatic animations, but users don't protect the ball. Teaching them the hard way isn't good because it they would get too pissed before they got it.

# 99 Eman5805 @ 09/15/12 10:38 AM
Even if that spin wasn't cheese, cheesers would just find another move to spam over and over.

# 100 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/12 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Even if that spin wasn't cheese, cheesers would just find another move to spam over and over.
Agreed. Wasn't the spin cheese talked about by some of the people that saw the game like Smoove? Didn't he say that it seemed to be addressed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.