Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

NBASky has revealed many more NBA 2K13 player ratings. Like the ratings? Hate the ratings? Let's hear it!

Indiana Pacers
  • Danny Granger - 84
  • Roy Hibbert - 79
  • Paul George - 78
  • Gerald Green - 75
  • David West - 75
  • D.J. Augustin - 74
New York Knicks
  • Carmelo Anthony - 92
  • Amare Stoudemire - 84
  • Jason Kidd - 80
  • Iman Shumpert - 80
  • Tyson Chandler - 77
  • J.R Smith - 75
L.A. Lakers
  • Dwight Howard - 95
  • Kobe Bryant - 93
  • Pau Gasol - 87
  • Steve Nash - 87
  • Antawn Jamison - 77
  • Matt Barnes - 73
Utah Jazz
  • Al Jefferson - 84
  • Paul Millsap - 83
  • Maurice Williams - 78
  • Derrick Favors - 74
  • Raja Bell - 71
  • Alec Burks - 71
Chicago Bulls
  • Derrick Rose - 92
  • Joakim Noah - 83
  • Luol Deng - 83
  • Carlos Boozer - 78
  • Nate Robinson - 77
  • Taj Gibson - 77
San Antonio Spurs
  • Manu Ginobili - 87
  • Tim Duncan - 87
  • Tony Parker - 86
  • Stephen Jackson - 78
  • Kawhi Leonard - 76
  • DeJuan Blair - 72
Boston Celtics
  • Rajon Rondo - 90
  • Kevin Garnett - 84
  • Paul Pierce - 82
  • Avery Bradley - 79
  • Jeff Green - 78
  • Jason Terry - 77
Miami Heat
  • LeBron James - 98
  • Dwyane Wade - 93
  • Chris Bosh - 82
  • Ray Allen - 79
  • Shane Battier - 75
  • Mario Chalmers - 75
Dallas Mavericks
  • Dirk Nowitzki - 85
  • Vince Carter - 79
  • Shawn Marion - 79
  • Elton Brand - 77
  • OJ Mayo - 77
  • Darren Collison - 77
Los Angeles Clippers
  • Chris Paul - 94
  • Blake Griffin - 86
  • Chauncey Billups - 82
  • Caron Butler - 81
  • Jamal Crawford - 78
  • Grant Hill - 77
Houston Rockets
  • Kevin Martin - 81
  • Jeremy Lin - 77
  • Chandler Parsons - 74
  • Patrick Patterson - 73
  • Toney Douglas - 72
  • Jeremy Lamb - 71
Brooklyn Nets
  • Deron Williams - 90
  • Joe Johnson - 85
  • Gerald Wallace - 81
  • Brook Lopez - 80
  • Kris Humphries - 74
  • Marshon Brooks - 73

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 2ksuperior9 @ 09/17/12 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
i

I'll wait for you to post any statistics or even visual evidence that proves Amare isn't horrible.

I'll die waiting but it's worth it.
I didnt say he was one of the best, but he for damn sure isnt one of the worst, he is a little under mediocre, if that makes sense to you.

# 122 InexorableBKN @ 09/17/12 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
i

I'll wait for you to post any statistics or even visual evidence that proves Amare isn't horrible.

I'll die waiting but it's worth it.
Granted, Amar'e did improve defensively last season (101 points per 100 possessions, which isn't THAT bad), but I think that's more of a product of playing alongside Tyson Chandler. For his career, Amar'e has averaged 105. Though he's actually gotten progressively worse (past season aside) with averages of 111, 108 and 109 in the 3 seasons proceeding 11-12. So yeah, there's your evidence that Amar'e's a pretty bad defender :P

# 123 cmebfresh @ 09/17/12 01:39 PM
Wow Lin defense is a B+. And i didnt knew Granger was 29 years old. And why a 75 for Gerald Green. And why is matt barnes on the lakers still they released him a month ago.

# 124 skillz7854 @ 09/17/12 01:40 PM
Iman Shumpert a 80 wtf more like 75

Pau Gasol should be a 82

Dirk should be a 87

Kidd a 80 he should be a 77 now

KG deserves a 86 If Tim Ducan can have a 87

# 125 Ghost_Ball @ 09/17/12 01:58 PM
In the Houston rockets pic look at the right hand corner.... The players on the bench might be the brooklyn nets! Check out the new Jersey! (pun intended)!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

# 126 sactown_13 @ 09/17/12 02:01 PM
most of these ratings seem a little high...i really hope potential is toned down or implemented in a different way because association is gonna get ridiculous after a year or so. With these high ratings everyone is gonna want big contracts and were gonna have some good players left in the free agent pool cause nobody can pay them

# 127 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 09/17/12 02:06 PM
75 for Gerald Green is right on the money. Athlrtic ratings should be very high. Has a real nice jimpshot now & is a pretty good defender now... He played very well for Nets last yr.

# 128 raiderphantom @ 09/17/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Gasol and Griffin should definitely be higher rated.
No doubt. Amare had an awful year though. I think sometimes he should've came off the BENCH.

# 129 juicey79 @ 09/17/12 02:09 PM
When is the demo going to be available?

# 130 InexorableBKN @ 09/17/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Snip
Yar, I have to agree for the most part. I alluded to Tyson's inability to create his own shot in the previous post. He's efficient but not high volume, and I think requires a good point guard to be effective offensively. That said, Chandler's superb defense and rebounding should, IMO, put him over Lopez who, despite his scoring abilities, struggles defensively and doesn't rebound.

Maybe you're right, that 2K values offense over defense. I think they've gone a bit too far with that, though.

# 131 stillfeelme @ 09/17/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableBKN
But isn't it a little bit suspect when everyone else is getting a boost and he isn't? He's one of the most valuable players in the league - 77 is an insult. Monobrow and Ibaka should not be, respectively, rated 3 and 4 points higher than Chandler.

2K's ratings are baseless. Ratings are truer to fanfare and league popularity than each player's actual abilities. There are a few anomalies, of course, such as Avery Bradley's inexplicable 79.

Chris Bosh has been shafted this year. His defense is actually pretty good and the Heat's offense falls apart without him.
I think Bosh falls victim of the attributes and ratings of his position.
  • He is not an elite athlete vertical, dunk quickness and is slow to me. He can finish at the rim but I would say he is about average at that.
  • Post defender average, rebounder average maybe slightly above but not great.
  • Strength average, blocking average or below average for his position
  • Passing, dribbling he is nothing special there
  • He does have a nice post face up game which he is very good and his mid range game is on the elite level for his position
He is a good player and actually showed some hustle plays in the playoffs but for the most part his game is predicated on making mid range jump shots. I have no problem with his rating.

With Chandler I see your point but his offense skill set is not great and is very limited. His offense is just bringing down his defense which is bringing down his overall
  • If he is not dunking, catching oops or shooting layups he can not score.
  • He is a good rebounder and one of his better skills is to play pick and rolls on defense because he can switch and not be severly overmatched.
With Bradley I don't know I might agree with you but I would have to see how it plays out. I think that 2K is just giving fair values to the elite defenders. I would place Bradley in the elite defender category for his postiton he is just relentless and is a pretty good athlete. Say he is is a low 70 for offense and his defense is 88 that would put him somewhere in the high 70's.

# 132 raiderphantom @ 09/17/12 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksuperior9
For you to say Amare is one of worst defenders in the league, we should all question if you watch basketball...
lol Amare is EASILY one of the worst defenders in the league. When it comes to post defense, perimeter defense, help defense on drives, help defense on screens, guarding his man on the ball, off the ball, fundamentally, leaves his feet, gets beat by slower players, has no focus, intensity, or effort. He is TERRIBLE! The only thing he has shown is good shot blocking ability but that was nowhere to be found last year. Plus, he really wasn't that good offensively last year either. He had some really awful games, his usually consistent jumper was completely GONE the entire yeaer, and he lacked explosiveness. I remember Amir Johnson probably blocked him 5 times one game. BORIS DIAW dropped like 30 on him, too. So the question is, do YOU watch basketball?

# 133 2ksuperior9 @ 09/17/12 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
When is the demo going to be available?
Hopefully by tomorrow, HOPEFULLY.

# 134 rnichol8 @ 09/17/12 02:30 PM
Can't wait to see what "The Sim-World" crew does with these ratings and signature skills. I hope 2k made this game roster editing friendly for the guys to do what they do.

# 135 RedSceptile @ 09/17/12 02:30 PM
Thank you raiderphantom. Amare is the definition of a one way player (and last year he wasn't even that good at the direction he goes LOL).

I know Knick fans watching Amare play "defense" must just cringe, shake their heads, and close their eyes.

# 136 TheManofSteel3kO @ 09/17/12 02:48 PM
Three more rating were released by 2k

Dwight Howard is a 96
Chris Bosh is a 83
and Roy Hibbert is a 86

These screenshots are not showings of the final ratings apparently...

# 137 LD2k @ 09/17/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManofSteel3kO
These screenshots are not showings of the final ratings apparently...
Ratings are subject to change from here to launch.

# 138 lostsoul @ 09/17/12 02:49 PM
man, the lakers are so stacked - FOUR superstars... it's usually only a big three.

people will be pissed if they win it all.

anyway, on topic - lol... cool beans.

# 139 TheManofSteel3kO @ 09/17/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I understand this but it seems many others on here don't get that.

# 140 iLLosophy @ 09/17/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
How about signature skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManofSteel3kO
I understand this but it seems many others on here don't get that.
Could be possible they changed because of people complaining about it...it happened last year....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.