Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo arrives next Tuesday, September 25th for 360 (Gold members, Silver members get it the following Tuesday) and PS3, featuring one quarter of play between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat.

The NBA 2K13 demo will be online enabled, but will not feature any commentary. More details as we get it.

UPDATE: Online enabled means, 1 vs. 1 quick games with random opponents.
UPDATE #2: One 5 minute quarter.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Banditofonchico @ 09/18/12 12:52 AM
I'm not going to get the demo I don't wanna ruin the excitement

# 82 Vni @ 09/18/12 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditofonchico
I'm not going to get the demo I don't wanna ruin the excitement
I would do that too if only I could resist the temptation.

Haven't smoked in three weeks though so I might be able to pull that off too.

# 83 caml17 @ 09/18/12 12:55 AM
was hoping it would come out sooner because I have XBL silver and probably won't be able to get the demo until the game is released :S

# 84 Khimera @ 09/18/12 12:58 AM
The demo is coming out for PS3 on the same day right...Ronnie's tweet of gold users only has me a bit worried.

# 85 Banditofonchico @ 09/18/12 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I would do that too if only I could resist the temptation.

Haven't smoked in three weeks though so I might be able to pull that off too.
You should definitely wait till release if you can haha makes it so much better

# 86 Behindshadows @ 09/18/12 01:25 AM
Positives vs. Negatives

+ they are releasing a demo period

- 1 quarter
- no commentary
- games releasing 7 days later
- online for 1 quarter

This demo is a waste, why not a full game with commentary...presentation makes a difference.

# 87 djsider2 @ 09/18/12 01:25 AM
either its a stress test or they want to sell people on playing online quick matches. hopefully there wont be too much demo cheese stinking up the joint.

# 88 KyotoCarl @ 09/18/12 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Positives vs. Negatives

+ they are releasing a demo period

- 1 quarter
- no commentary
- games releasing 7 days later
- online for 1 quarter

This demo is a waste, why not a full game with commentary...presentation makes a difference.
Why do people get hung up on this?
You get seven days to enjoy and practice the controls. Why is this something negative?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 89 Behindshadows @ 09/18/12 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
lmao @ you. tell me what sports Demo on gaming marketplace is a full game. damn you want everything , commentary AND presentation. chill be grateful your getting a small sample to play for a week , so that when you get the FULL game you can enjoy it more.
FIFA 13 and NHL 13 had full commentary and other play modes.

there's two for you.

it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
lmao @ you. tell me what sports Demo on gaming marketplace is a full game. damn you want everything , commentary AND presentation. chill be grateful your getting a small sample to play for a week , so that when you get the FULL game you can enjoy it more.
As a consumer who just paid in full two collectors edition and a PC version. I have the right to not like, what I don't like.

I'm a grown man, and that is my right to speak on.

# 90 BlueNGold @ 09/18/12 02:43 AM
I don't see the big deal in having or not having commentary in the demo. It just means the lines will get old quicker if it's in.

# 91 ojandpizza @ 09/18/12 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Dude chill. He was being sarcastic because you type like an illiterate. Producers and developers of the game won't pay attention to this site if they see people can't form a full, coherent sentence. So take it easy, and type like you have a brain.

Now back on topic, I can't wait for the demo to drop. I'm glad it's just a week instead of 2 weeks, because I would get bored after a few days with the demo the last two years. I hope they have a practice mode or something to get used to the new controls.
Appreciate the back up there lol

# 92 Conda @ 09/18/12 06:44 AM
I hope users have the option to change the camera view. I'm going to be disappointed if that's not an option.

# 93 IWWROCKS @ 09/18/12 06:54 AM
I do have a problem with only a week of the demo and that is because of the All Star Weekend.

7 days of 1 quarter play, the problem is they are offering pre-order only content in ASW. So actually if your waiting on the demo to decide if you want it, your only gonna get 3 or 4 days in before you need to place your pre-order. 3 or 4 days of 1 quarter play isn't a whole lot to make your mind up so for someone like me who would want the ASW, i'm gonna have to commit on not much game time.

But online is a nice touch, don't think i've seen it with a sports demo before so fair play to 2k for that

# 94 Eman5805 @ 09/18/12 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
FIFA 13 and NHL 13 had full commentary and other play modes.

there's two for you.

it can be done.

As a consumer who just paid in full two collectors edition and a PC version. I have the right to not like, what I don't like.

I'm a grown man, and that is my right to speak on.
No one is saying don't speak on. Except for me. Yeah, don't speak on any more. You have no right to your opinion and stuff.

*sips coffee*

It's just the sense of entitlement can draw reaction like this. It's not like this is the first time 2K hasn't thrown out a demo like this before.

# 95 achieveduser @ 09/18/12 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
I do have a problem with only a week of the demo and that is because of the All Star Weekend.

7 days of 1 quarter play, the problem is they are offering pre-order only content in ASW. So actually if your waiting on the demo to decide if you want it, your only gonna get 3 or 4 days in before you need to place your pre-order. 3 or 4 days of 1 quarter play isn't a whole lot to make your mind up so for someone like me who would want the ASW, i'm gonna have to commit on not much game time.

But online is a nice touch, don't think i've seen it with a sports demo before so fair play to 2k for that
I pre ordered but I only have a sliver XBL account. The game will release the same day I get to download the demo. The game shop will only hold my pre order for 48 hrs. Hahaha I have to make my decision within 48 hrs if I want to keep the ASW.

2k did this intentionally. They want me to get gold account and also try their online stuff. HA NICE ONE WITH ASW 2K.. This was all intentional from the start.

# 96 KyotoCarl @ 09/18/12 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I pre ordered but I only have a sliver XBL account. The game will release the same day I get to download the demo. The game shop will only hold my pre order for 48 hrs. Hahaha I have to make my decision within 48 hrs if I want to keep the ASW.

2k did this intentionally. They want me to get gold account and also try their online stuff. HA NICE ONE WITH ASW 2K.. This was all intentional from the start.
2k has been nothing to gain from you getting a gold membership.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 97 Vni @ 09/18/12 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Producer Erick Boenisch
Last year we had a very stripped down version of online game modes and we had built the foundation up from scratch again. 2k13 is a continuation of that effort to make our online gameplay more stable.

Our first and foremost goal is to make online as smooth as possible, and I think we have really done that this year, but we are still building up.

Found that on the announce of the no crew mode. This, plus the fact that the demo is playable online makes me hope of a true improvement this year. I really don't think they're only testing the servers with the demo. It would be terrible publicity. Then again we'll find out in a week.

Edit: Unless that's the kind of speech they give us every year, wich I'am not aware of.

# 98 achieveduser @ 09/18/12 09:49 AM
Yeah they do.... Soon or later once you get hooked on online feature, they will push ultimate team like features where you fork up real cash. You should see what game developers are doing lately. Yeah play other games too other than NBA2K seriously lol

# 99 TheBrooklynBaller @ 09/18/12 10:28 AM
All I care about is the online servers

# 100 domidomdomz @ 09/18/12 10:28 AM
Online Quick Matches with random opponents? Oh well. At least we can have a more challenging demo this year.

Maybe next year, we get to play with our friends with the demo.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.