Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo arrives next Tuesday, September 25th for 360 (Gold members, Silver members get it the following Tuesday) and PS3, featuring one quarter of play between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat.

The NBA 2K13 demo will be online enabled, but will not feature any commentary. More details as we get it.

UPDATE: Online enabled means, 1 vs. 1 quick games with random opponents.
UPDATE #2: One 5 minute quarter.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Biagas @ 09/18/12 11:40 AM
They didn't have to add that online feature..they went out of their way to program that code so I'm not tripping. Sounds good.

# 102 Steve_OS @ 09/18/12 01:05 PM
FYI. It's a single 5 minute quarter demo.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/248104858303987713

# 103 23 @ 09/18/12 01:06 PM
That's what they always do. I don't agree with it at all...but its been like that

I just hope we dont have to go all the way out to get back in, just give us the option to restart the game

# 104 Vni @ 09/18/12 01:10 PM
If it's 5 minutes quarter with no possibility of running plays, I admit I don't really understand why they enabled online. (Can we at least run p'n'r, p'n'pop?)

Well actually the only thing that makes sense is that they really want to impress us with the online quality.

What they should really start doing and what would make for a really fun demo is let us play the last quarter (12 minutes) of the finals. We start at the 4th quarter and the score is whatever it was in reality. Think about 2K for 2K14. You're not gona sell less product because you release a quality and fun demo. It's most likely the other way around.

# 105 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If it's 5 minutes quarter with no possibility of running plays, I admit I don't really understand why they enabled online. (Can we at least run p'n'r, p'n'pop?)
I think it was you who i said this to before, but I really think they are more concerned with load testing their servers. Putting out a free demo will much more accurately demonstrate how their servers will perform way better than anything they can do in house. I just hope they have offline available as well as I don't expect next tuesday to be playable online for most of the day lol

# 106 champsbasketball @ 09/18/12 01:14 PM
so let me get this right the only way you can play the game a week before is if you have the gold but if not then the next time it comes out for everybody is on the Oct.2 you might as well get the game.

# 107 videlsports @ 09/18/12 02:50 PM
I would have rather 1 game 5 minute qtrs than online enabled for 1 qtr, what a waste of server space 2k woow. Why also wait 1 week before relase too? I'm disappointed with EA stepping up it's flagship game (The Madden Demo) I would think 2k would do the same thing.

# 108 Ionowut @ 09/18/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champsbasketball
so let me get this right the only way you can play the game a week before is if you have the gold but if not then the next time it comes out for everybody is on the Oct.2 you might as well get the game.
To clarify here's Ronnie 2k message: "Ronnie 2K 2K13@Ronnie2K Let me say this again. Demo next Tuesday for XBOX GOLD members and PS3 players. XBOX Silver get it week after"

# 109 Bearsfan1 @ 09/18/12 03:07 PM
So Silver members get the demo the day the game comes out? What's the point of that?

# 110 kolanji @ 09/18/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan1
So Silver members get the demo the day the game comes out? What's the point of that?
xbox live policies for membership status...u dont have to buy the game oct 2nd u can get the demo and then decide...some games have no demo and some only online and some eg mw3 demo came out months after the game released....

were getting a sample of nba 2k13 regardless of membership/console ...or time we need to let go of things that r out of our control and just deal with it

# 111 johnrice20022002 @ 09/18/12 05:10 PM
I'm hoping we're able to "Restart" game after finishing the quarter...wishful thinking based on previous demos. Can LD2K shed some light?

# 112 KyotoCarl @ 09/18/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champsbasketball
It's just a demo its not the full game. The point of a demo is to see if you want the game. If you've already made up your mind you don't need to play the demo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 113 Behindshadows @ 09/18/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
xbox live polices for membership status...u dont have to buy the game oct 2nd u can get the demo and then decide...some games have no demo and some only online and some eg mw3 demo came out months after the game released....

were getting a sample of nba 2k13 regardless of membership/console ...or time we need to let go of things that r out of our control and just deal with it
This is the dumb stuff people always post every year.....

People are going to buy this game regardless, and all of 2k's demos have sucked and don't give you enough to determine a purchase. They are always too short and missing primary parts to even sway a person to buy it.

People will buy it no matter what, because there is no competition, it's the only NBA title this generation. And it's been a solid game for the most part each year.

Even with all the bugs, online failures and shot clock cheese! This game has sold to the #1 spot year after year.

It's 2k and people know the good history of them and NBA Games.....sold!!!! Demo doesn't help or hurt sales at all!

# 114 TalenT @ 09/18/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's what they always do. I don't agree with it at all...but its been like that

I just hope we dont have to go all the way out to get back in, just give us the option to restart the game
This is really all I ask. Don't waste our time forcing us to the title screen and through loading screens. I can't lie...that gets annoying after a while.

# 115 kolanji @ 09/18/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
This is the dumb stuff people always post every year.....

People are going to buy this game regardless, and all of 2k's demos have sucked and don't give you enough to determine a purchase. They are always too short and missing primary parts to even sway a person to buy it.

People will buy it no matter what, because there is no competition, it's the only NBA title this generation. And it's been a solid game for the most part each year.

Even with all the bugs, online failures and shot clock cheese! This game has sold to the #1 spot year after year.

It's 2k and people know the good history of them and NBA Games.....sold!!!! Demo doesn't help or hurt sales at all!

i know right

# 116 Romieromeisp @ 09/18/12 10:07 PM
This game will be the same as usual. Bad passing..inconsistent shooting..no daily player rating updates. Itll be fun as an arcade style play but as far as simulation goes it wont be close at all. Im actually looking forward to seeing what live has to offer this year. I wasted my money last 2 years on 2k and promised I would never play it again so I was amped when i saw NBA LIVE 13 comes out. The face comparison videos look way better then 2k. gameplay looks like it could be tweaked but we will see..good luck ea

# 117 Wildcats302 @ 09/18/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romieromeisp
This game will be the same as usual. Bad passing..inconsistent shooting..no daily player rating updates. Itll be fun as an arcade style play but as far as simulation goes it wont be close at all. Im actually looking forward to seeing what live has to offer this year. I wasted my money last 2 years on 2k and promised I would never play it again so I was amped when i saw NBA LIVE 13 comes out. The face comparison videos look way better then 2k. gameplay looks like it could be tweaked but we will see..good luck ea
LOL Live is dead and buried. If you thought 2k was bad the past 2 years God knows what you will think when you get your hands on that abomination.

# 118 KyotoCarl @ 09/18/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
So because the faces look better you will accept worse gameplay from a game?

# 119 Bearsfan1 @ 09/19/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Well you'll be sorely disapointed because NBA Live has nothing to offer this year. Their product was a$$ and once they came to that realization, it was canceled.

# 120 jersez @ 09/19/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Why even troll in the demo thread?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.