Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

The first video you see when you boot up a game in called, bootflow. Here is the bootflow for NBA Live 13, created by Troika.

Source - E…A…Sports…These Guys Made the Parts That Say "It’s in the Game" (Kotaku)

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/12 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
The cover guy is still KD35 it even shows his jersey number and him dribbling in the intro....

We can close the chapter on that already....

Intro is cool...but it's time to see some real gameplay.
What's wrong with you guys? KD, DRose, and Blake Griffin are on the 2K cover. They are guaranteed NOT to be cover to EA's title.

# 42 liberaluser @ 09/21/12 12:51 AM
Does anyone else think the bootflow itself is a bad, boring intro?

I mean it's basically a ball suspended in mid air with a bunch of fast edits to darkly lit defensive battles & cross over dribbling.

It doesn't capture the game of basketball very well in my opinion.

# 43 Behindshadows @ 09/21/12 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What's wrong with you guys? KD, DRose, and Blake Griffin are on the 2K cover. They are guaranteed NOT to be cover to EA's title.
KD had a contract with EA first and never got put on the cover, so he can easily still remain on the cover considering they have paid him already for his presence just because he did another contract with 2k, doesn't mean he doesn't have to honor his EA cover appearance and release.

# 44 liberaluser @ 09/21/12 01:37 AM
Quote:
KD had a contract with EA first and never got put on the cover, so he can easily still remain on the cover considering they have paid him already for his presence just because he did another contract with 2k, doesn't mean he doesn't have to honor his EA cover appearance and release.
He advertised for Elite didn't he? Seems to me he fulfilled his contractual obligations then and must have been paid more now.

# 45 Tybudd @ 09/21/12 02:32 AM
ROFL, that was it? That was their intro? About as underwhelming as the gameplay and trailors we've seen, if they didn't need the money to recap what they've spent on this project, I'd say they need to scrap this year as well

# 46 Tybudd @ 09/21/12 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness
WTF is wrong with Rick Flair? I don't get it?

# 47 justcallmedaddy @ 09/21/12 03:17 AM
Quote:
I'd be almost sure that 2k would make sure that wouldn't be able to happen. In-fact, I'm almost sure 2k wouldn't even have him on the cover at all if that were the case, they most likely would've replaced him with Westbrook or Rondo etc.

# 48 Behindshadows @ 09/21/12 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
I'd be almost sure that 2k would make sure that wouldn't be able to happen. In-fact, I'm almost sure 2k wouldn't even have him on the cover at all if that were the case, they most likely would've replaced him with Westbrook or Rondo etc.
Its not that big of a deal....it's a cover....I am not debating about it...the game and its final quality is what matters

# 49 justcallmedaddy @ 09/21/12 04:20 AM
Quote:
Its not that big of a deal....it's a cover....I am not debating about it...the game and its final quality is what matters
I'm not trying to get into a debate about it either, I agree it's the gameplay that has the final say in the decision making process.

But would you think that each company would have the same person on the cover, having the same person running their marketing campaigns? Where would they find the edge in this?

# 50 yungflo @ 09/21/12 07:10 AM
Something makes me thing this is the bootflow for nba elite 11. The player focused around this bootflow was a okc thunder, durant was the cover in 11. I don't know if its lazy editing or there is supposed to be anokc player on this cover?

Everything hints to LBJ, but then it again, it doesn't. Its as if Lebron is weighing in on his image after hearing the response and negative feedback from the summer, that it seems he has elected to pull out. Is that even possible?

I am not going to lie, if that game went gold and was physical, I was going to get it just because of lebron being on the cover. I have all the heat covers, wade, shaq. Bron being the addition would have been sweet.

# 51 Bulls321974 @ 09/21/12 08:56 AM
Great! Let's play the game! Oh wait! It got delayed indefinitely...

# 52 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
First: *had* a contract. Second: YES IT DOES! You do realize that he couldn't sign anything with 2K with any lingering obligations to EA. And Elite 11 is dead. This is Live 13. You don't sign for the company. You are signed to the product and/or calendar.

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/12 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindArt
Why are ya'll so concerned about cover?
I guess some people buy a game solely because of who's on the cover. Sad, but true.

# 54 Behindshadows @ 09/21/12 02:46 PM
Quote:
First: *had* a contract. Second: YES IT DOES! You do realize that he couldn't sign anything with 2K with any lingering obligations to EA. And Elite 11 is dead. This is Live 13. You don't sign for the company. You are signed to the product and/or calendar.
man for **** sake, I said I wasn't debating this and you keep trying to reel me in with more quoted post.

I get it, he's not! Move on damn!

It's a freak'n cover.............

Back on Topic: The intro sucked and was pointless....

Time for some gameplay videos of a more polished version, any other news from this point on is just random and stupid and the opposite of what anyone wants at this point.

Because come Oct. 2nd all else won't matter.........

# 55 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
man for **** sake, I said I wasn't debating this and you keep trying to reel me in with more quoted post.

I get it, he's not! Move on damn!
Calm yourself down there. I posted that BEFORE seeing your post that you were backing off. If I did, I would have replied to THAT post instead if there was a reply at all. Little sensitive there aren't you?

# 56 barimanlhs @ 09/22/12 08:00 AM
Quote:
I guess some people buy a game solely because of who's on the cover. Sad, but true.
The only time a cover even remotely (like .05%) made me think about buying or not buying a game was 2k10 with Kobe, because I dont like him or the Lakers lol. DIdnt stop me from buying the game tho

# 57 Championships @ 09/22/12 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
KD and Blake Griffin in the video.

Embarrassing if they are on the cover.
Where do you see Blake Griffin?

# 58 clutchnewyork @ 09/23/12 03:40 PM
EVERYTHING ABOUT NBA LIVE IS GREAT...EXCEPT THAT ACTUAL GAME ITSELF

# 59 Blzer @ 09/23/12 05:41 PM
That's what three years of development earns you, I guess.

# 60 Cheetah Bird @ 09/23/12 08:59 PM
Did I just take some LSD or something by watching that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.