Home
FIFA 13 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, you can start downloading FIFA 13 now! Play a few games and post your impressions here.

If you have any questions about EA Sports Season Ticket, click here for videos and FAQ.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bb09red @ 09/21/12 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo1427
Dempsey wasn't on Spurs when they came to NYC on their summer tour for facial scans. Not sure if they would add him during the season or not, but that would be why his face isn't in the game. Only the clubs with EA agreements have the facial scans from what I know.
Did they not scan the international teams at all? If so he might have had it done.

# 82 lnin0 @ 09/21/12 11:52 PM
Yes. Can someone elaborate on the "ESPN" integration, please. PS3? 360? I have watched a few videos and live streams and am only seeing the regular old "EA Sports" logos and transitions.

# 83 xx19kilosoldier @ 09/21/12 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Yes. Can someone elaborate on the "ESPN" integration, please. PS3? 360? I have watched a few videos and live streams and am only seeing the regular old "EA Sports" logos and cuts.
On the 360 and have the same overlays etc as last year. I have not seen any ESPN integration as of yet.

# 84 Broncos86 @ 09/21/12 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19kilosoldier
On the 360 and have the same overlays etc as last year. I have not seen any ESPN integration as of yet.
I'm wondering if it's kind of a "big game" deal? Not sure what everyone is playing as.

# 85 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/12 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hmm, now 2 handball PK's called on the CPU in 3 games... those are pretty rare in real life, no?

Messed up the first one because of that composure meter, but I buried the one in this game.
It was like this last year as well. I think there is an option to set handballs on, but excluding in the box penalty calls.

# 86 rckabillyRaider @ 09/22/12 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It was like this last year as well. I think there is an option to set handballs on, but excluding in the box penalty calls.
yeah there is. EA over did it with handball pks and apparently still hasn't fixed that.

# 87 Cavani161 @ 09/22/12 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
The crabwalking is extremely annoying.
I mentioned this a couple times. They removed the walking animation out of the game 3 years ago. Now they just crab walk.

# 88 miketheslummy @ 09/22/12 12:23 AM
Quote:
Yes. Can someone elaborate on the "ESPN" integration, please. PS3? 360? I have watched a few videos and live streams and am only seeing the regular old "EA Sports" logos and transitions.
I would like to know something about that too thanks!

# 89 mebby @ 09/22/12 12:41 AM
Man... I don't know what to think yet. I need more time with the game and need to sort out my sliders. I thought FIFA 12 with Krebstar's world class sliders was just a few steps away from being awesome. For me, so far FIFA 13 just isn't cutting it.

I find the pace too fast even on slow. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems materially faster than 12's slow. And because of this it felt very arcade like to me at first. Although I must admit the more games I played the more I acclimated so may e this issue goes away for me.

The crabwalking is just ridiculous for me. Maybe it's my style of play. I don't like to use sprint much but I find myself having to use sprint just to stop the stupid crabwalking. I can get this animation on demand by just slowly moving in a diagonal direction. It's driving me nuts and I struggle to understand HOW this crept into the game without being noticed by the developers. It wasn't there last year and I can't see any good reason that it should be here this year... At least not as a maneuver that we have zero control over. It hinders my movement and seems to out my player on a predetermined path. It's like I've lost all ability to manually control my path and even WORSE my passing. It feels like we've gone back to an 8 direction movement. Ugh!!!

I need more time to really assess the rest of the game though. I'm seeing some good things but this crabwalking thing is just overshadowing everything for me right now.

# 90 RoyceDa59 @ 09/22/12 12:45 AM
ESPN overlays are on the PS3 at least from what I have noticed.

# 91 Altimus @ 09/22/12 12:52 AM
The create a manager in CM is a little disappointing. When they first announced you will have a virtual avatar of yourself in the game I thought it would be like WC 2010 where they showed the manger during cutscenes. Kind of like PES had last year but unfortunately it's just a character in the technical area during the game.

# 92 Rasco11 @ 09/22/12 12:56 AM
I like the soundtrack!

# 93 sportdan30 @ 09/22/12 01:03 AM
The "Skills Games" are highly addicting, alebeit a little frustrating. The nice thing is that you can change players to fit the specific training. It's quite a challenge trying to beat your high score and leveling up.

Really impressed with the game. Looking forward to playing it the rest of the weekend and seeing if it continues to impress. Right now, I could see purchasing both games. Although this game has so much life to it and the atmosphere and presentation is outstanding. The game play is so easy to pick up and play but difficult to master.

I was playing against my son and we tied going to the end of regulation. I had a perfect through ball to my right winger and it was daylight in front. He proceeded to cramp up and lose possession of the ball. Eventually, I replaced him because he had pulled a hamstring! Pretty cool.

# 94 rckabillyRaider @ 09/22/12 01:54 AM
wow. One of the first things I asked for in the FIFA 13 wishlist thread was for a first touch control slider and low and behold it is in! Wasn't in the demo. Time to play now

**MLS on ESPN graphics complete with the MLS processional anthem in the intro. Good stuff

# 95 mjarz02 @ 09/22/12 02:14 AM
Fun game for sure. I agree with others that it still feels fast on slow.i am able to draw a few penalties but does anyone had recommendations for slider adjustments that will increase penalties?

# 96 grizzlies317 @ 09/22/12 02:26 AM
I messed around for a bit on career mode with Liverpool. After the 3 preseason friendlies Sterling, Shelvey, and Coates have already grown a point overall. Not too far in so I am not sure yet if this type of growth will remain consistent. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot changed on the youth academy/scouting system, except for a couple of changes to the youth player scouting card.

# 97 gerg1234 @ 09/22/12 02:35 AM
I spent my afternoon simming to look at player growth. I saw growth as high as +6. Most were between +2 and +4. Only one year down though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 98 bcruise @ 09/22/12 02:37 AM
Well, here's a difference. I decided to skip to a league match (MLS Cup) to see if the officiating was any stricter and, sure enough, 8 fouls and 2 yellow cards (one on each side). A few advantages played, too. The ref, if it matters (and it probably does), is Hayden Pennyfeather.

That's more like it.

BTW, I've got the ESPN branding for this game. It's on the score box instead of EA Sports.

# 99 ggsimmonds @ 09/22/12 02:46 AM
I see the ESPN overlay on the score bug and replays etc but I wonder why some have not?

I'm probably way off base here but I wonder if it is a US thing? Maybe if you play in the EPL there is no ESPN? (wouldn't want to offend the brits by having bloody yanks instead of sky sports)

And as for penalties, well I've played 3 games and have drawn two penalty shots. that is good for me.

The game does seem a bit fast even on slow.

Skill games are fun but somewhat harder than I expected. Then again I kinda suck at FIFA and haven't played in 2 years.

Just started my CM and I am pumped. I am almost too impatient and want to sim a few games to get deeper into the mode. Can't wait until I can manage a national team.

Edit: Just started my first MLC match and at the play match screen there was an option for "Goal News -- Match selection" This must keep us up to date on the games we select. Pretty cool addition! (if it wasn't in last year)

# 100 Broncos86 @ 09/22/12 02:52 AM
I really dig the in-game updates to scores and injuries. Very nice touch. That being said, I'm bumping up injury sliders.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.