Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo is available now on the Marketplace for Xbox Live "GOLD" members (available next week for Silver). Most are getting it by searching for "2K13" or going to Genre ---> Sports and Recreation. You can also queue it up right here.

The PS3 demo arrives later this afternoon, we'll update this post when it's available.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now. If you don't see it, search for it.

The new controls take a little while to get used to, so make sure you check out the Controls trailer, we posted yesterday.

NBA 2K13 Demo Features:
  • Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat
  • 1 Five minute quarter
  • Quick Game and Online Quick Match. Can't invite friends, just random.
  • Can't change sliders, camera view, make substitutions or call plays
  • No commentary
  • Kinect enabled
  • 943 MB
Play a game or 2 and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 MVP9072 @ 09/25/12 10:28 AM
When does the demo come out for the ps3??

# 162 Jukes @ 09/25/12 10:30 AM
MOAR VIDS plz!
Haha stuck at work. But the vids so far have been awesome.

The block up to with Lebron looks pretty real without it being HD. Seemed like a game from 2004-2005 on youtube or something haha.

# 163 mauro78 @ 09/25/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Haven't seen many double teams at all so can't answer the first 3.

Passing hasn't changed that much, except you can now bounce pass. And there's not ridiculous deflections anymore, so that's all good.

Paint contacts...OMG you have no idea. Contact animations are just beyond words in this one. Absolutely perfect is all I can say. So life lilke.

Ball rim physics are realistic and good. Never seen much problem with them in the past though so not sure what could be wrong with them.
thx for answering!

# 164 mauro78 @ 09/25/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
When does the demo come out for the ps3??
few hours from now I suppose...

# 165 RocketTMac1 @ 09/25/12 10:34 AM
I know this is nitpicking but I thought I could over look the presentation but I'm not feeling it right now. The gold scoreboard and the Ed Hardy looking designs aren't realistic at all. If they had that for the Finals then I could roll with it. But for every game is just tacky. Jay should have just touched the soundtrack and called it a day.

# 166 JWiLL02 @ 09/25/12 10:34 AM
Definitely loving the responsiveness of the controls, though it seems I'll probably need to go back to 2k cam this year.

I'm getting used to using the left trigger + shot stick, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it that way. If the alternate control is to hold the left trigger to activate the dribble stick, I'll use that instead. I can't go back to buttons.

Had an awesome chasedown block on Maynor with LeBron. First row'd it.

# 167 cj54 @ 09/25/12 10:35 AM
Anyone having trouble with the pick and roll controls? Maybe my LB button isn't working properly, but I hold it down and most of the time no comes out. When someone finally comes and sets a pick I've been holding the button down for more than 5 seconds. And it's always Bosh, can't get Battier to set one.

# 168 Krodis @ 09/25/12 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Are "hard" double teams ala 2k11 right? ^_^
There's some hard and some soft, but the hard doubles don't lock you into that "you're being doubled! Pass quick!" animation from 2k10/11

# 169 Scramz718 @ 09/25/12 10:37 AM
Its going to be a fun year, I love how smooth the game plays. I like when you fake pass (double tap A) not only do the defenders react but your teammates do as well. The Eurostep is nice to pull of with the control stick modifier.

# 170 lorenzobohannon @ 09/25/12 10:37 AM
Still not able to download the demo yet for my 360
Anyone know why this might be?

# 171 mango_prom @ 09/25/12 10:39 AM
1) So overall, do you guys think that online gameplay will be more realistic this year in terms of exploiting overpowered perimeter players and unstoppable dunk animations?

2) Do signature skils balance out nicely or is a player like Durant too good compared to real life? I mean even with all the high ratings and bonus skills the shooting percentages for top perimeter players should be around 50% and not higher than that if you defend them well.

3) Also, is full court press with steal spamming still possible or can you actually punish players for unrealistic strategies?

# 172 vannwolfhawk @ 09/25/12 10:39 AM
I have not heard anyone talk about bounce passes yet? LT+A... One of my favorite additions! Just had a awesome 3 on 2 fast break with westbrook, and I had a little opening for a bounce pass to sefolosha running the floor that was perfect! Game changer for me! Cant wait to be throwing dimes with Nash!

I am dissapointed that there is no alt control scheme though. I so badly want to put LT and right stick as my dribbling. They seemed to have fixed defensive recovery slightly from community day it seems to me. Could be placebo but it feels way better to me! Perfect balance...

# 173 Scramz718 @ 09/25/12 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzobohannon
Do you have enough space on your HDD?

# 174 zoltranite @ 09/25/12 10:41 AM
I read in the thread earlier that here is a choice in the retail version to revert back to 2k12 controls. Can anyone confirm this?

# 175 KasparV @ 09/25/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
Why? You can't find it? Where you from?

# 176 Killa KMS @ 09/25/12 10:42 AM
demo is butter am having a good time with it but i got to head to work smh... controls i got to get used to them pronto. Loving the defensive intensity.

# 177 infam0us @ 09/25/12 10:42 AM
Getting used to the controllers but I still don't like them. I'm trying really hard to like them but it aint easy.

# 178 lorenzobohannon @ 09/25/12 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Do you have enough space on your HDD?

Yes the demo isn't showing up on the marketplace at all

# 179 lorenzobohannon @ 09/25/12 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparV
Why? You can't find it? Where you from?
No I can't and from Texas

# 180 achieveduser @ 09/25/12 10:44 AM
Quote:
Yes the demo isn't showing up on the marketplace at all
Try bing search? I typed NBA 2K13 and I was able to get it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.