NBA 2K13 News Post

Xbox 360

PS3

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ForeverVersatile @ 09/25/12 08:20 PM
For some really nice quick dribbles, tap RS in the same direction repeatedly. I was able to make Thabo look like a fool with D-Wade.

# 42 Vni @ 09/25/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detriotpistonfan
Anyone know how to get into tripple threat mode?

Like when you catch the ball and want to jab step without losing your dribble.
When a player recieves the ball he automatically enters the tripple threat. You don't have to press anything, everything is done simply with the right stick.

# 43 magicman32 @ 09/25/12 08:46 PM
Can we get the ps3 version or translation of the controls? Is there a link anywhere?

# 44 brandon623 @ 09/25/12 08:51 PM
Ps3 controls?

# 45 sirjam @ 09/25/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
When a player recieves the ball he automatically enters the tripple threat. You don't have to press anything, everything is done simply with the right stick.
How do the the palm the ball behind u move that Kobe does in the trailor?

# 46 P4L1 @ 09/25/12 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
How do the the palm the ball behind u move that Kobe does in the trailor?
I've been wondering the same thing!

# 47 sirjam @ 09/25/12 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4L1
Jus did it. Have to b crowded by defender an hold back on rstick

# 48 jarcinas @ 09/25/12 09:22 PM
just wondering if its possible to switch back to the old 2k style control layout? If so is everything done on the left stick?

Thanks

# 49 richmo @ 09/25/12 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4L1
You have to be engaged by a defender, then pull away on the stick. Also, the quick shoulder fakes without a live dribble from the post look a lot better this year,, namely the one faking baseline.

Mike or anyone for that matter, is it possible to in-and-out stationary without hesitating first?

And has anyone been able to successfully pull off the half-spin jumper every time? I'm following the directions but most times I end up with either a pull-up or just a regular spin.

# 50 ucas005 @ 09/25/12 09:25 PM

# 51 blues rocker @ 09/25/12 10:00 PM
so, is icon lead passing not in the game anymore? seems like they started to phase it out in 2k12 and now it seems almost non-existent.

# 52 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
so, is icon lead passing not in the game anymore? pretty lame if so. made the passing game a lot more fun and controllable. seems like they started to phase it out in 2k12 and now it seems almost non-existent.
I can still do it. They just don't run at full speed

# 53 Beluba @ 09/25/12 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
You have to be engaged by a defender, then pull away on the stick. Also, the quick shoulder fakes without a live dribble from the post look a lot better this year,, namely the one faking baseline.

Mike or anyone for that matter, is it possible to in-and-out stationary without hesitating first?

And has anyone been able to successfully pull off the half-spin jumper every time? I'm following the directions but most times I end up with either a pull-up or just a regular spin.
For the standing in and out, RS toward off hand to start a cross then immediately move the left stick toward the ball hand before the ball leaves his hand. The moving in and out is done the same way. Basically, think of it as moving in the opposite direction of your crossover.

# 54 OOHWEEitsVelvetHoop @ 09/25/12 10:54 PM
i gotta get used to pressing L2.

# 55 domidomdomz @ 09/25/12 11:01 PM
So glad that Face-up Drive animation is back. Excited to perform it with Dwight!

And also, Step back shots from post up are more fluid than ever.

# 56 fatleg3 @ 09/25/12 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
So glad that Face-up Drive animation is back. Excited to perform it with Dwight!

And also, Step back shots from post up are more fluid than ever.
To bad he is with the Lakers now. Trust me. You will fall in love with Dwight especially with post controls being a lil bit easier. I have always been a big time Magic fan, but the reason Dwight became my favorite player in the NBA was because of 2k. Back during 2k11, when the post controls were over hauled, Dwight became unstoppable.

This is from my post in the impressions thread about the face up drive animation.
Quote:
I found my go to move. In the post while holding the ball move LS toward basket + Y for faceup drive, Hold R2 + double tap O for spin dunk. I tried and tried to do this all last year but it was nearly impossible due to the fact that after spinning in the post, you had to rotate the stick to spin. The controls was just to clustered to do this. Also with the faceup drive, it makes it look so beautiful. Its the move players like Dwight, and Amare always do where they faceup out of the post, jab step one way, spin another way, then finish with a dunk. Unstoppable with the right player.

This is what im talking about, except Dwight does not take a jab step after facing up in this vid.
Hmmmmm.....I smell cheese from Dwight...

# 57 HighRiser32 @ 09/25/12 11:16 PM
UMM perfect and everything is contextual, looks like a NBa game at almost every dribble. don't really have too much more to say....perfect.

# 58 FamFirstSimLgs @ 09/25/12 11:53 PM
great post

# 59 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's because that the dribbling mechanic is camera relative...I know what you mean with the hesitation dribble...very annoying but I think once you switch the controls to absolute we should yield better results...
Said the same thing in the impressions thread...I think people will fare a lot better when switching...

# 60 jersez @ 09/26/12 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
For the standing in and out, RS toward off hand to start a cross then immediately move the left stick toward the ball hand before the ball leaves his hand. The moving in and out is done the same way. Basically, think of it as moving in the opposite direction of your crossover.
I have a question about the new dribbling. Sometimes the ball handler doesn't explode out of the move, for example I'll use a couple of size ups(Idk if you still call them that) and when I get the defender off balance, he doesn't explode out of the move. So what do I have to do, to get those explosive launches?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.