PS3

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Beluba @ 09/26/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Player doesnt actually jump. But he raises his arm and leaves his feet of the ground a little bit. A guy did that 5 times to me online in a 5 minutes game. Everytime he got passed me because of that. There is no way I get owned because the game forces me into an animation.

But you're right though I maybe was pressing LT at the time. Still though, I don't think my player should initiate animation on it's own without my input.
Your guy will "auto-contest" if you're holding LT or if you're doing the hands up move with RS. You can change the AUTOMATIC SHOT CONTEST setting in Controller Settings when you get the game next week

# 102 Vni @ 09/26/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Your guy will "auto-contest" if you're holding LT or if you're doing the hands up move with RS. You can change the AUTOMATIC SHOT CONTEST setting in Controller Settings when you get the game next week
Great to hear. Thanks for the quick answer.

# 103 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/26/12 02:41 PM
I only played one game of the demo yesterday because this is unfortunately a really busy week for me at school, but man, this post helps a lot. I was thinking the moves were basically all the same but you just hold LT for the shot stick and nothing for the ball handling now, but alas, there's still a lot for me to learn this year.

# 104 achieveduser @ 09/26/12 02:42 PM
So in the demo, controls are set to camera relative?

Camera relative means I have to do moves with reference to direction player is facing, correct?

# 105 sprayfan @ 09/26/12 02:53 PM
I just got the defensive rebound with battier. I took a few dribbles then I tried to icon pass it to lebron. I guess i accedentally tapped R1 twice because the icons dissapeared. Anyway, I had already pushed square and the ball was floating through the air. I said DANG! Then he made it. SHANE BATTIER IS A MONSTER

# 106 Vni @ 09/26/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser

Camera relative means I have to do moves with reference to direction player is facing, correct?

Yes.

Life is good.

# 107 Beluba @ 09/26/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
And speaking of dribbling while moving, anyone else discover the "slow creep" variation of moves (the ones Beasley did in one of the videos)? You can slowly cross, go between the legs, hesitate, and even go behind the back! It also works going slowly backwards too. ****'s beautiful. Looks really realistic when ending a quarter to get something going.
This is an example of one of the limitations of the old Isomotion controls and why going with RS dribbles was a necessary step if we wanted ball handling to progress.

# 108 Vni @ 09/26/12 02:57 PM
What are our options when we are crowded by the defender? Can we like explode? And how do you crowd someone when you're the defender?

# 109 Beluba @ 09/26/12 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser

yes. there was a lot of debate on whether dribble moves should be camera-relative vs. absolute as well. more *sigh*

# 110 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/26/12 03:07 PM
Quote:
I think last year this only applied if you were standing still. Does it happen all the time from now on as long as you're holding LT?

# 111 TajDeni @ 09/26/12 03:08 PM
i was asking this question in the impression thread about Sizeup moves and i got most of the answer i was looking for but since there is a dev communicating here ill ask it here.

did player specific sizeup moves get removed?

because all the pg/sg/sfs in the demo perform the same animations when the sizeup moves are executed. so 4ex from a stand dribble if you tap back 2x on the RS every player performs the exact same animation etc.

whereas in 2k12 almost every player had a set of 4 sizeup moves that were unique to himself, so Kobe had sizeup moves that were completely different from say Durant.

# 112 LAHalos22 @ 09/26/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
yes. there was a lot of debate on whether dribble moves should be camera-relative vs. absolute as well. more *sigh*
Beluba, do you personally use camera-relative or absolute?

# 113 achieveduser @ 09/26/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Thanks for answering. I just needed a confirmation because I can do dribble moves with this understanding but for some reason shooting with shot stick doesn't feel like they were camera relative. Having exceptionally difficult time with reverse layup and such. Probably requiring more practice is all.

# 114 kevmasood @ 09/26/12 03:14 PM
Beluba wat the hell is going on here xbox stuff cmon man pple play ps3 DID YALL KNOW THAT WHERE IS THE PS3 CONTROLS PLEASE

# 115 Beluba @ 09/26/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
i was asking this question in the impression thread about Sizeup moves and i got most of the answer i was looking for but since there is a dev communicating here ill ask it here.

did player specific sizeup moves get removed?

because all the pg/sg/sfs in the demo perform the same animations when the sizeup moves are executed. so 4ex from a stand dribble if you tap back 2x on the RS every player performs the exact same animation etc.

whereas in 2k12 almost every player had a set of 4 sizeup moves that were unique to himself, so Kobe had sizeup moves that were completely different from say Durant.
the signature sizeups from last year are gone. with the new system, there are different variations of the sizeup moves based on dribble ability.

# 116 Beluba @ 09/26/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHalos22
Beluba, do you personally use camera-relative or absolute?
For 6 months, I was playing with Absolute dribbles and preferred it that way. Eventually the consensus in the office was to change it to camera-relative. So I've been playing camera-relative for the past few months (it's a pain to keep changing the option during the dev cycle.) I'm actually fine either way. For shots I always go camera-relative.

# 117 Beluba @ 09/26/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmasood
Beluba wat the hell is going on here xbox stuff cmon man pple play ps3 DID YALL KNOW THAT WHERE IS THE PS3 CONTROLS PLEASE
Sorry. I don't have a PS3 dev kit at my desk so I don't have easy access to the menus. I'll see if I can dig up the PS3 manual and take a screenshot or something.

# 118 TajDeni @ 09/26/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
the signature sizeups from last year are gone. with the new system, there are different variations of the sizeup moves based on dribble ability.
thank you for answering my question.

# 119 BezO @ 09/26/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
Is there any way to take the directions off who to guard off?
There was last year. Hopefully they didn't remove it.

My question is, can we turn off the range meter? It's still a part of the player indicator, so I doubt it, but being able to turn off EVERYTHING except the player indicator would be nice. I personally don't need the game telling me every player's range. Things would look that much cleaner as well. It's distracting.

# 120 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/26/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Yea i hear you. Sometimes after a missed shot ill run back on d and be stuck guarding a big or have a big on a guard. No big deal but then wen i try to switch back it takes forever.
That's why teams in real life live with switches on single possessions-- because it takes too long to switch back and puts you out of position defensively.

Don't play video games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.