Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks to Tweefin123!

UPDATE: It looks like some of the ratings aren't accurate, based off of NBA 2K13 player ratings that have already been revealed.

UPDATE #2: Looks like the video was pulled, but we have it up locally. Thanks to bigball12.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Mintsa @ 09/26/12 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
His terrible coach liked to run small ball and the Lithuanian guards do nothing but look off bigs and take low % runners and 3s. There's a reason they underperformed so badly and a reason that coach has already been told he won't be returning to the national team.

But yeah, let's ignore all his accomplishments to that point. He would have been more dominant in the NCAA last than any of the other Cs drafted this year.
He clearly missed any basketball that Val played up until that point. He didn't even start or get minutes in the olympics. I think someone is just trying to validate the Cavs drafting Tristan Thompson instead of Jonas.......

# 102 sa1nts @ 09/26/12 09:05 AM
Valanciunas and Motiejunas are VERY underrated in this game, did 2k insider saw them playing? they're like at least 70-75, Valanciunas maybe even more
i won't wonder if Valanciunas will be the Rookie of the year

# 103 TwinCitiesJHawk @ 09/26/12 09:25 AM
Dang no Tyshawn Taylor on the Nets

# 104 vtcrb @ 09/26/12 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I know Jonas isn't the most popular rookie this year because he is from europe and most people probably have never seen him play a game before. But I have seen him play (many times...euroleague, fiba under 19, olympic qualifiers) and he is not a 59 rated player with no sig skill.

Hopefully this is just due to the 2k roster guys not really knowing Val's game and he gets updated once the season starts. Because once the season starts everyone will see that he can play.

Also Bargnani did play nice last season when he wasn't injured....maybe even a fringe all star (i know I'm gonna get flamed for that comment, but he really was playing at an all-star level). I think he needs to get boosted up a couple of points to around the 79/80 level and be up there with Lowry.
You just have to wonder HOW they could MISS Ratings and Tendencies(within Reason) with ANY player considering it is THEIR JOB. I mean I find it so funny each year how things are off so BAD. EVEN Free Throw Rating is OFF for some players. I mean HOW can you mess up Free Throw Rating? LOL. And how can guys who NEVER take 3pt Shots, have ANY 3pt Tendency OVER 0? The MANY mysteries of 2k's Player Rating system.

# 105 zten11 @ 09/26/12 09:52 AM
Okay so I guess I can't start working on my roster until all these players are added in. How long do you guys think that will take?

# 106 mcseven @ 09/26/12 10:08 AM
I'm happy this video came out now I don't have to rush to get it. I play alot of classic seasons and without Kareem, Dr J, Webber, i will stick with 2k12 for a little while. Can't run with the 87 Lakers without Kareem. I'll get it for the current teams that's all. Probably just run with the Lakers and create a my player.

# 107 strobox88 @ 09/26/12 10:18 AM
Damn, I hope this game ships with all the second rounders. No lockout, no excuse this time. Saw too many 2nd rounders not on the roster (Darius Miller for NO, Quincy Miller for Denver, Tyshawn Taylor for Brooklyn etc.)

# 108 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/26/12 10:23 AM
Pacers Signatures Skills

Danny Granger - Deadeye
Roy Hibbert - Eraser, Post Proficiency
Paul George - Interceptor, Active Hands, Highlight Film
David West - Bruiser
Tyler Hansbrough - Bruiser, Scrapper
DJ Augustine - Acrobat
Gerald Green - Highlight Film

I don't know why I was expect so many more signature skills....

# 109 thisisgr8t623 @ 09/26/12 10:36 AM
2k angers me every year add new things but take out another thing. how are you going to have 76ers and kings without the player that made the famous. like cmon no c-webb or dr.j thats wack also how you have charles barkley in the game but not the 93 suns. and why isnt the 97 knicks and heat in the game like cmon you dont even have tim hardaway in the game like what is wrong with you guys.

# 110 lsalas76 @ 09/26/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Of course it wasn't official, they were videos taken by a user off a Best Buy demo of the full game.

Yes, 2k doesn't want this info out as it is counter to ratings already released, but those a easily changed with a roster update on release day.

To me the more concerning part was the discovery that some of the classic players from 2k12 are now gone from the game(Dr. J, Kareem, C-Webb). The classic aspect is not selling point like it was in 2k12, but I found it curious that any interview that asked about the classic teams got a stock, "all the teams from 2k12 are in 2k13" answer an nothing else. Now I understand why that was, they did not want anyone whose buying decision would be swung by hearing that some of the key players from some of the teams were gone.

For example, if my favorite part of 2k12 was getting to play with Dr. J or Kareem, I might not buy 2k13 since those players are no longer part of the game. It's not the way I feel, but I'm sure someone does feel that way.
Well I just heard/read that Kareem, Dr. J, and Chris Webber will not in the game and I am really, really disappointed to hear that. I will now probably wait to buy the game in hopes that those players may still be on the disc and that hex editors will be able to hex them into the game. OR I know this is a long shot but maybe these players would be included in a future DLC of some sorts but I highly doubt it. Those players were most likely signed to a one year deal and perhaps did not agree to being in 2k13 but its still disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisgr8t623
2k angers me every year add new things but take out another thing. how are you going to have 76ers and kings without the player that made the famous. like cmon no c-webb or dr.j thats wack also how you have charles barkley in the game but not the 93 suns. and why isnt the 97 knicks and heat in the game like cmon you dont even have tim hardaway in the game like what is wrong with you guys.
Well I read somewhere that Barkley only agreed to be on the Dream team and that his likeness could not be used for any of the other teams he has played for.

# 111 daveberg @ 09/26/12 11:08 AM
It's just a pointless waste of time having the Kings without Webber and the sixers without Erving. Next they'll be telling us the Lakers are missing Magic Johnson or the Rockets don't have Hakeem. Either do it right, or not at all.

Those players are what makes those particular teams special. Why include them at all without key stars?

# 112 nova91 @ 09/26/12 11:56 AM
Why do guys equate the number signature skills a player has to how good that player is? Just because one player has 3 signature skills, doesn't make them a better than a player with 2, 1 or none.

# 113 Sellaz32 @ 09/26/12 12:36 PM
I wonder if Dr.J got fed up with them not putting in a decent dunk package for him..if any legend player needed a dunk package it would be a dunking pioneer like him. Here is out it went down: Erving: "So..did you guys take time to look at my highlight videos on YouTube? Don't get me wrong...I love the layup package, but there are more highlights of me dunking back in the day...I did win the first dunk contest ya know.."
2K: Well we thought guys could just give you TP with maybe the Jump Classic..or athletic guard..."
Erving: I'm out.

# 114 Biagas @ 09/26/12 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Westbrook 93 overall better than Rose and D-Will .... he didn't win no MVP or nothing. I know a roster update is for sure coming out opening day. Still, I would love to see the numerical attributes for Westbrook. I am going to throw a few of Deron Williams' skills out to prove a point he is the best PG in the NBA.

Deadly 3 point shot, adequate midrange shot, drive to the rim with outstanding court vision to kick the ball out, obviously the best passer in the game today, competent defender. What does Westbrook even have? All I know is he has a nasty pull up jumper and can explode to the rim. He puts up a lot of points. Why is he a 93?

EDIT: Deron Williams BALL HANDLING is superior to Westbrook in all regards
Westbrook is a better defender than deron. A lot of ppl say d will is a bad defender. D will 3 point shot was 33% this year. That's like average. His midrange was ok, not that special..his FG% was lower than russ..his shooting was not as good as russ. His defense not as good as russ. Then factor In russ vertical and athleticsm steals rebounding etc etc and you have his rating. Rose probably stayed a 92 because of his awkward season

With that being said, overall in this case don't mean squat. D will does have nasty handles and can shoot and can dish the ball out nicely and is a better pure pg than russ. So I say his rating is lower than russ because russ rating is inflated from athletic ability and other things. They don't play the same way so that's the difference In rating. Russ vertical might be 90 somethin and d will passing might be 90 somethin. See what I mean. And I'm sure d will stats will go up with his new team man.

# 115 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/26/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Thomas Robinson - 75
Andrea Bargnani - 75

Tyler Zeller - 65
Jonas Valanciunas - 59
Meyers Leonard - 59

Ahh, the life of a Raptors and 2k basketball fan is a cruel one. Jonas rated the same as the guy he torched for 30/15/5 last summer, wonderful.
Yeah, those ratings are pretty dismal for the Raptors. Jonas is a damn beast, and it is a shame 2K did no scouting on him. If they did, they'd realize he should be rated closer to 70.

# 116 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/26/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You just have to wonder HOW they could MISS Ratings and Tendencies(within Reason) with ANY player considering it is THEIR JOB. I mean I find it so funny each year how things are off so BAD. EVEN Free Throw Rating is OFF for some players. I mean HOW can you mess up Free Throw Rating? LOL. And how can guys who NEVER take 3pt Shots, have ANY 3pt Tendency OVER 0? The MANY mysteries of 2k's Player Rating system.
It really is pathetic how 2K can have such amazing gameplay, presentation, graphics, and features, while having wildly inaccurate player ratings, tendencies, accessories, and shoes. Its mind boggling how terrible the "NBA Insider" is.

# 117 13 @ 09/26/12 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Westbrook 93 overall better than Rose and D-Will .... he didn't win no MVP or nothing. I know a roster update is for sure coming out opening day. Still, I would love to see the numerical attributes for Westbrook. I am going to throw a few of Deron Williams' skills out to prove a point he is the best PG in the NBA.

Deadly 3 point shot, adequate midrange shot, drive to the rim with outstanding court vision to kick the ball out, obviously the best passer in the game today, competent defender. What does Westbrook even have? All I know is he has a nasty pull up jumper and can explode to the rim. He puts up a lot of points. Why is he a 93?

EDIT: Deron Williams BALL HANDLING is superior to Westbrook in all regards
Lol, when did Deron become the best passer in the game today?

# 118 ltylerj @ 09/26/12 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeHorse
Lol, when did Deron become the best passer in the game today?
Came to post this as well. You forgot about Nash and this man:

# 119 rockafella @ 09/26/12 02:11 PM
Durant should not be a 94. He doesn't play a lick of defense. 2K ratings have always been laughable and arcadish, just like when they had Dirk at a 99 shooting in 2K12. Players do things in that game they have no business doing because the ratings are not based on the current stats. And many times the ratings will be based off of last year's percentages even late in the season because they are not updated! That and the lack of controlled manual lob passes are my biggest beefs. Every pass is chest level so it van get picked off unless you are throwing into the post. But there is no basketball game better. I can't believe Live is trying to make a comeback.

# 120 MagicFan4Life @ 09/26/12 03:20 PM
I just watched the video again and I saw something disturbing. Why is Chris Duhon still on the Magic????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.