Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 roster update for week 4 will be available tomorrow morning for 360 and PS3 users. These rosters are for Play Now (Online/Offline).

Still no word on when the CCM rosters will be available, but as noted last week, Josh Looman is hoping for every few weeks.

Quote:
There are well over 400+ transactions and player rating adjustments that went into this roster update. We also targeted some player equipment updates this week - with over 50 players and 200+ equipment parts updated total.

The biggest movers after top notch performances in Week 3 are T.Y. Hilton (IND) with a 5 point boost this week (now 70 overall), HB Jamaal Charles goes up 2 points to a 92 overall, WR Ramses Barden (NYG) going +4 to 73 overall, DE Michael Johnson (CIN) gets a 3 point boost to 80 overall, and DB Thomas DeCoud (ATL) going up 3 points as well to a 85 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are OL Mike Harris (from 60 to 56 overall), K Dan Carpenter (from 81 to 78 overall), DB Charles Godfrey (from 82 to 80 overall), and Cowboys OL Mackenzy Bernadeau (from 79 to 76 overall).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Find_the_Door @ 09/27/12 11:59 PM
Mod wanna edit his email out?

# 22 Jerikokai @ 09/28/12 12:23 AM
I think what is even more pointless is the fact they update these rosters each week, yet we really have no use for them. No one wants "play now" rosters. they do us no good.

We want ccm rosters. you know this EA, its one more thing to keep us hoping and wishing. To keep us on "the edge of our seats."

Just release the DAMN ccm Rosters.

(I agree with the every 4 weeks of updating rosters - but both rosters should be included. Having just Play Now rosters is pointless, even for every 4 weeks - just saying).

# 23 azdawgpound @ 09/28/12 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikokai
I think what is even more pointless is the fact they update these rosters each week, yet we really have no use for them. No one wants "play now" rosters. they do us no good.

We want ccm rosters. you know this EA, its one more thing to keep us hoping and wishing. To keep us on "the edge of our seats."

Just release the DAMN ccm Rosters.

(I agree with the every 4 weeks of updating rosters - but both rosters should be included. Having just Play Now rosters is pointless, even for every 4 weeks - just saying).
there not just play now there also for online play....and ea's basically doing what they have in past... with online franchise they released them once @ beginning of season then @ end so i dont see that changing with the ccm rosters.

# 24 pistolpete @ 09/28/12 08:46 AM
Screw it, even though Spiller has gone up 6 points overall in three weeks and will probably continue to go up, I guess I'll have to wait until Madden 14 to use him as a 90 OVR.

Guess it's time to start my offline CCM.

Once this franchise runs its course I am done with Madden.

# 25 zten11 @ 09/28/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Why are these rosters coming out every week? I know that's how it's been done in the past, but I really think the rosters should be updated every 4 weeks. I follow Donny Moore on twitter and I can tell you he is waaay too quick to change ratings. If he sees a guy have a few drops in one game, you can bet you'll see a some kind of drop in ratings with the roster update. Then the next week the guy makes 10 catches or something and he got to put his ratings back up. I thought they already had dynamic ratings in the game so why the need for roster updates every week? One game is too small of a sample size to validate a ratings change.
I totally agree with this because one game at a time doesn't prove much. Why did Greg Jennings get a decrease? Totally unnecessary. Ben Tate is not an 84. I'd give him 82 at best. Antonio Gates being decreased? C'mon, a few off games...he's still a top 5 TE. Wow, somebody please tell me how Randy Moss is an 83. That is pathetic. That's all I have for now haha.

# 26 dpower15 @ 09/28/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
I totally agree with this because one game at a time doesn't prove much. Why did Greg Jennings get a decrease? Totally unnecessary. Ben Tate is not an 84. I'd give him 82 at best. Antonio Gates being decreased? C'mon, a few off games...he's still a top 5 TE. Wow, somebody please tell me how Randy Moss is an 83. That is pathetic. That's all I have for now haha.
Completely agree. Also, I don't think Big Ben really needed an increase from 94 to 95. Granted he had an outstanding game last week, should a 94 overall QB be expected to produce numbers like that every so often?

And please, no Steelers fans need to get on me because they're Ben fanboys, I'm just using him as an example that players rated high already (90+) who have one big game shouldn't get a rating increase, it should almost be expected that they perform that way or get a decrease (I'm a fan of having only a select few players at each position rated in the 90s so that it separates the elite talent).

# 27 smonee @ 09/28/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsTexas2Step
I've left the following with EA on the website.. along with a phone call to EA Sports...

Something has to be done about this.. I feel so disrespected and disregarded by EA Sports!!

I am part of the 40+ generation and I can't believe Madden would do such a thing to the generation that put the franchise on the map!! You MUST bring back Franchise Mode/Season Mode. I want to be able to play with mu...ltiple teams in any 1 season, with rosters I put together (tweeked or not). We all don't have the time to play "on-line" most of us like to play off-line with our kid(s), family and friends (no disrespect to the on-line gamers, I'm glad Madden is user-friendly like that, but you can't leave us ORIGINAL GAMERS in the dark and forget about us. I pre-order my Madden Every Year after the NFL Draft, I've stayed TRUE to the franchise through the years but now I feel as if the franchise is not being TRUE or even care about me and my generation.

I have NEVER felt so DISRESPECTED by EA Sports in my 22 years of playing Madden Football. EA Sports, you HAVE TO MAKE THIS UP to us LOYAL Madden Fans!! I have passed my love for Madden down to my Son, who is 17 now and I just can't believe this has happen so myeslf and other LOVAL Madden Fans.

I'm beyond FRUSTRATED!!!
[email protected]

BigCurt
After seeing Weeden in prime time it killed my CCM. The dude has a shaved head with light red hair. He doesnt have black hair or a beard. The latest update for 'play now' gave him the same face as tannahill. Come on man, two first round picks with the same face. Madden's generic faces suck but at least pick the one that looks like the player. I find that as complete laziness and lack of appreciation to detail. MLB the show handles the generic faces the best. You can alter them the way you want them to look.

# 28 dpower15 @ 09/28/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonee
After seeing Weeden in prime time it killed my CCM. The dude has a shaved head with light red hair. He doesnt have black hair or a beard. The latest update for 'play now' gave him the same face as tannahill. Come on man, two first round picks with the same face. Madden's generic faces suck but at least pick the one that looks like the player. I find that as complete laziness and lack of appreciation to detail. MLB the show handles the generic faces the best. You can alter them the way you want them to look.
I'd like to point out that Tannehill's face (unless it has recently been changed) is pretty inaccurate as well. The dude has a shaved head with blondish hair, not the super dark brown they gave him in-game. You'd think they could atleast spend a couple minutes and find closer faces for the 1st round picks, especially the QBs since they get a lot more camera time in-game than anyone else.

# 29 agidio3 @ 09/28/12 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkersthepig
Maybe I'm just biased but I've been waiting for Flacco to get that clutch trait.

Still think Matt Ryan is under rated, he's having a fantastic season so far and I don't see it slowing down at all.
For what that stellar drive he put together at the end of the eagles game....this guy is a joke...big deal he can throw up 300 v. the browns

# 30 BOBtheBASEBALL @ 09/29/12 02:40 PM
i too am playing with the browns and got to 4-3 then saw all the updates they did to browns on play now updates, then i stopped my ccm waiting for the ccm roster update. with this many changes to player faces and gear in the whole league i sure hope they update the ccm rosters soon football season is already a quarter of the way through.

# 31 The JareBear @ 09/29/12 03:06 PM
I guess my question is, if we get a CCM update in week 8, will it be all the changes up to week 8 or will it be changes from earlier on when they first started working on the CCM update

# 32 KingV2k3 @ 09/30/12 10:16 AM
Has there been any update to when the newest CCM rosters will drop?

I doubt it, but I may as well make sure...

Contemplating a re-start if there's any hope of it happening soon...

Thanks!

# 33 bigdfan76 @ 09/30/12 01:01 PM
Awesome! Another comepetely usless roster update! This is bull$h!t. Release CCM update and patch 3 already!

# 34 dubplate @ 10/01/12 11:44 PM
I love how we're a quarter of the way through the NFL season and I still can't start my online CCM because I have to wait for the official EA roster, which will be weeks behind once it's finally released. But hey, we have a Twitter feed now. Isn't that grand?!

# 35 jgreengutta @ 10/03/12 02:03 AM
Madden 14 lol

# 36 brandon27 @ 10/03/12 11:11 AM
Its really irritating that CCM has to have it's own roster update. Its obviously got to be due to the storylines and such. However, If I've downloaded the most recent official EA roster update, its saved on my HD, its pretty ridiculous that you can't start a CCM with that, especially an offline CCM. The roster is there, its EA official, its not updated... just run with it. Instead it appears the update to CCM is more than just a roster file... which is just impractical. They've really dropped the ball on this IMO. theyre doing a good job getting us play now roster updates weekly, and thats fine, but to not be able to use them in a CCM is a bit crazy.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.